1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who knew it was Morey who was washed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Dec 26, 2020.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Wait! Are you saying Hartenstein is not a superstar?
    @Williamson

2. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

Now morey is trying to cheat to stay relevant huh

Washed

ipaman likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

"NEW YORK – The NBA announced today that it has fined Daryl Morey, Philadelphia 76ers President of Basketball Operations, $50,000 for violating the league’s anti-tampering rule. The fine is in response to a since deleted social media post Morey made on December 20 regarding the Houston Rockets’ James Harden."

[​IMG]

4. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

One game?

What numbers did Von Wafer put up again as a Rocket? His averages?

9.7ppg for 63 games. That must be OUTSTANDING value by your logic.

Hmm. Wonder what GM signed him.

Made less than 900k btw

#124 Clutch City1993, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

What does Von Wafer have anything to do with Hartenstein? They are different players in different situations. Hartenstein is back 2 back GLeague MVP its not like we havent seen him play. Last season he average 4 pts 4 rebs in 10 mins of play. Thats pretty good nos for a 3rd string center.

My LOGIC is having a backup for Christian Wood and Demarcus Cousins who has a history of getting injured and missing significant amount of games if not the entire season. Is that really hard to understand? At the NBA level there isnt a difference between 1.6M and 900k. They are both minimum salary.

You literally are arguing for the sake of argument. There is 15 slots on the roster you dont think a 3rd string center for the mininum considering Cousins' history isnt a good idea? Just stop making a bigger fool of yourself.

6. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Morey took the L for the W

Josh Smith likes this.
  7. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Cool story bro

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thanks.

9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Morey had a great tenure here. He was a bright spot for an org that for years before him was struggling to make the playoffs. He assembled good teams and was aggressive in trying to win a championship in an era where the rest of the league basically phoned it in.

I don't blame Morey for the Russ trade. But if I'm going to really blame him for something, it is the offseason following the WCF game-7 loss to the Warriors in 2018. He went into the next season losing Ariza and making few to no offseason moves. He signed, of all people, Carmelo Anthony, and although he cut bait early, it was a huge distraction to kick the season off. He didn't do anything to try and get a decent backup PG after Paul had already proven incapable of staying healthy (and sure enough, he missed nearly thirty games the next year), and should/could have done a lot more to improve the team. That was the offseason to trade Gordon and PJ, to do more than some minor retooling and dumpster diving for G-League talent and veterans willing to sign for the minimum. Letting Ariza go wasn't a bad move, but he lost Ariza, Luc, etc. and did nothing to meaningfully backfill them. He eventually got lucky with House, but then played fast and loose with him over luxury tax worries (I don't blame him for this).

In any event, that offseason should have been the offseason for some real effort and focus put into getting ready to defeat the Warriors. Instead, he floored the same team that imploded following KD's injury in the WC semis.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Tillman Fertitta.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

5 pts 3 rebs in 4:48 so far. Tell me again how he is Von Wafer 2.0.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Who knew the Portland Trailblazers defense was washed?

everybody, everybody should have known

HP3 likes this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey is already comparing Simmons to Lebron so I'm not surprised.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

OP inspires me to come up with this year's slogan.

Infinity Stone. Just snap your fingers.

Can someone photoshop Stone's face on this?
    [​IMG]

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yet Morey got Harden. Sooooooo.....

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]