1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Watt is done as an elite player

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

Doesn't matter at this point.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I didn’t get the impression he was talking about anyone, more taking it as an insult to say that he wouldn’t play or practice hard.
    He could be subliminally saying it to some teammates, I just didn’t think that initially.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

JJ sounds like a man that knows he’s gone. No P.C. answer that time. Love it.

TWS1986 and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

cute little speech by Watt, but ultimately, it means nothing...team will continue to be trash year in and year out

#freeDashaun

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If the best player in franchise history is this disgusted it won’t be long for the next in line.

Reeko likes this.
  6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Jack Easterby.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. payaso

payaso Member

Let's just claim that he went meta- and spoke from a true-blue Houston professional sports fan... within that vein you could shade every single athlete who's ever cadillac'ed it in a Houston sports uniform in front of paying fans. Rockets have had a LOT of those, both past and present.

8. payaso

payaso Member

[Let's just claim that he went meta- and spoke from a true-blue Houston professional sports fan's perspective... within that vein you could shade every single athlete who's ever cadillac'ed it in a Houston sports uniform in front of paying fans. Rockets have had a LOT of those, both past and present.
    Can he be Texans HC in 2021? o_O

BamBam likes this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This team is decimated by injuries, poorly constructed and filled with overpaid players thanks to years of bad roster management and lack of development due to bad coaching. This team could work hard but they would still suck.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Free Deshaun? Hell no. Hopefully the new GM and coach can turn the entire culture around.

11. Buck Turgidson

Who the **** are you?

Which Houston athletes are you saying "cadillac'ed" things?

And again...who the **** are you?

jiggyfly and TWS1986 like this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Starts at the top. THERE'S A FRIGGIN PREACHER RUNNING FOOTBALL OPERATIONS!!!!!!

TWS1986, UTSA2step, gatsby and 2 others like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

14. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

At this point, Watt should have just named players. Liked the passion though.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I went to the game yesterday and watched Watt the entire time (nothing else interesting to watch). I told my wife that his body language was really off. No high-fiving teammates after good plays, no running on and off the field (just slow walking the entire time), after every series, he would just walk to the sideline, take off his helmet, put on his hat and sit on the bench. It was sad to watch, frankly.

He was playing hard as usual, but it was between plays that you could really tell he had checked out. Or something was bothering him. Got home and saw this video and said "told you so."

I'm sure he's conflicted. He loves this city but clearly has grown tired of the Texans culture. Haven't we all...

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think JJ was talking about Ross Blacklock.

Not based on much, just an inkling on my part. He's called him out once this season for a boneheaded play.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Could be several players honestly. We know him and Deshaun are going to show up and ball. Maybe Cunningham and Adams too.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think he's talking about the overall culture of the franchise.

I was watching Channel 13's Texans wrap up show today and you would think we had won this game. All they talked about was what a great day David Johnson had (he was all smiles during his interview) and how well one of the young CB's played. It was almost as if it was a moral victory to lose to a team that hadn't won on the road in 2 years and was playing their backup QB.

I think this is an example of the "Texans culture" and Watt has had enough.

Two Sandwiches and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

While I appreciate the sentiment I have to say it comes off as kinda look at me and preachy.

Do this stuff in the locker room and not in front of the media, JJ has never turned down any opportunity to be the center of attention, he likes to be that guy.

He got a little Eddie Haskel in him.

Great player but it gets a little old.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I know people on here have been a little critical of me when I go on a rant about Marc Vandemeer, John Harris, Drew Doherty, Deepi Sidhu, etc. sucking off the entire franchise every time they get in front of a mic, but that's what "Texans Culture" is all about. Moral victories, attaboys, back slaps, and nice tries. I understand those people are on the payroll, and that's what they're told to do....but THAT'S THE POINT. The McNairs want the franchise to be engulfed in this aura of Good Vibes. It stinks of an organization that doesn't give two ***** about ACTUALLY winning. They are perfectly content with coming out with feel good story after feel good story, reminiscing about past Texans like Corey Bradford and Steve McKinney, and not giving one iota of critical thought into WHY this team never can get over the hump. The only person that looks and sounds like he gives a **** in Texans Media is Andre Ware, and even then, it's iffy. I haven't watched or listened to one shred of Texans anything since the first Colts loss, and it's honestly been really refreshing.