1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker Has the Audacity...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownrox1, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That’s both elitist and ignorant on your part. Are they not human beings or are they cattle to provide for your entertainment? Do they have minds of their own? Again if you were in their shoes you would want for yourself as well. If you don’t then you are a liar. These are all men and not your children nor are they my children. Very dehumanizing and ignorant mindset. That’s why I surmise this is more than just about basketball with you people that think this way. Lol again too much to go into here.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  2. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

He was underpaid in his prime years and wants to be made whole for that. He's 35 now and there's no more upside with him nor is he the perfect system fit like he was with D'antoni/Morey.

As much as I like the guy he's not going to get the pay day he once deserved.

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

No. That’s where you have it wrong. There is no self righteousness here. I’m directly speaking about those who are deriding and insulting him treating him less than human. Read these comments. Many attack him as a man as if he doesn’t have a mind of his own. This very thread topic. Read it. As if he doesn’t deserve his share for the work that he puts in from an industry built on the physical labor of players. Players make the league if you have forgotten. And players are people just like you. And you want for yourself and your family and so do they. Not that difficult to understand. So yes if you are deriding him and judging him then you should check your values as a person. You are no better. These people on this damn board are no better. So get that moralistic bullshit out of here. Talking about whether the rockets should pay him in regards to cap and finances is one thing but to mock and treat him as if he doesn’t have a mind or deserving of money is plain wrong and dehumanizing. By the way you are judging him based on one game and what you “feel” not what you know. So yes you all are bullshit.

HP3 likes this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm even cool with overpaying certain guys based on intangibles - like locker room presence... but if gonna treat a 35 yo diminishing Battier the same as a 35 yo diminishing Rodman then you are not doing a proper evaluation...

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Fans should back whomever they choose. There is nothing wrong with player empowerment. Again if you have ever negotiated your salary for a corporate job then you would understand this simple concept. If you ever wanted a raise. If you ever wanted more for yourself and your family this is no different. Let’s stop the fake moralistic utilitarian bullshit. You all would do the same to maximize your dollars for yourself based on your body of work. I never said it’s wrong to discuss Rockets options. But to say that PJ is wrong or “taking the wrong approach” or “whining” is judgemental and hypocritical when you all would do the same given the same circumstances especially when the league is built off your blood and sweat. Don’t give me the bullshit that you all would bow your heads down and happily accept what you are paid and that you wouldn’t want more for yourself knowing how much money the league is making and how much the market value and demand is. Shut up. Rubbish.

#145 Stephen_A, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    HP3 and Ramo$e like this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I said this last playoffs it was time to move on or bench him MORE. He is great defender in the post but that's it! He's too short, too slow laterally to defend elite wings, jumps too low, shot is too inconsistent. This was before I even knew he fell asleep in 4th quarter last minute plays lol. The particular things he is good at were maximized under last years system and covered a lot of his flaws. I seen early he couldn't keep going like just based on age alone. He's not athletic enough.

7. kjayp

Let's not muddy the water here guy... You replied to ME and my quote - lets leave 'everybody else' outta this...

Here's my quote that you replied to:
    Yeh... I'm kinda done with PJ...

I think MDA screwed him over by pitting him against larger and stronger centers for years... so you could never really get a good gauge on him... everything has been placed in the caveat of him being undersized vs who he was defending... He did a real good job - given circumstances...

PJ is a solid bench player... a nice glue guy... but i dont think he's good enough to be a starter at this point...

add to that all his whining and trying to ride Blames' coat tails into an extension by association... PJ was on the wrong side of that 'loyalty'... You wanna be loyal to a diva - instead of the team that has been paying you...

nah... I'd rather just deal his expiring contract and move on...

and the same goes for his buddy as well...

So... where am I 'dehumanizing' and insulting him?

And No, while players make up the league - they dont make the league... I'm gonna cheer for whatever group of guys are wearing the red jerseys - not particular players... This is a common misconception that people have... You seem to have a whole communistic view of things regarding 'the workers'... people support the team - the organization... and while we cheer for individual players at any given time... its not about the individual - but the team...

Best regards, comrade! ;) lol

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yes you are bullshit as I said. Your quote is no different than those attacking PJ’s credibility. Rubbish. By the way since when is wanting money for yourself communistic? Understand the term before saying stupid ****. Educate yourself idiot.

HP3 likes this.
  9. kjayp

You go giving quotes to reporters about how unhappy you are about your dealings with your employer... and lets see how that works out for you... smh...

10. kjayp

again... where am i attacking his credibility...

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You are an idiot and proved it by not even understanding simple communist philosophy.

12. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Tuck needs to start selling some of those shoes in his closet and save his money

AroundTheWorld and charlieaustin like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

PJ is polarizing. On one hand the guy will turn into a clampGod when the game is on the line like he did with Lillard the other night to force OT.

And then he will forget his corner assignment on the last offensive possession of the game and squander a chance to win.

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Loved him, now he is old time to get younger more athletic and invest that money towards the Wood era.

DD

15. kjayp

No... just like so many other snowflakes... your argument cannot withstand any scrutinization so you have to resort to insults... Its nice to throw out empty platitudes and self righteous hogwash... but when you try to apply those polyannic standards to real life and business it just shows an immaturity and lack of understanding as to how the real world actually works...

Good day, comrade... I'm done with you...

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They are entertainers, their entire purpose is to entertain. It's how they make their living.

I don't care about anything they think, I care about them entertaining me.....just like how I don't care about what my plumber thinks about 18th century French philosophy, i don't care if he's in an unhappy marriage or if he thinks he should be paid more, I care about them fixing my plumbing.

If things that aren't your job, that aren't your purpose, is more important to you than your job/purpose, it's not wrong if someone would prefer someone else who had their priorities in check.

Duke Fan likes this.
  17. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You certainly don't give Tucker a long term deal. He is still a very good defender so giving him a two year deal could make sense. The question then becomes "what's an appropriate salary?". We don't know what Tucker is asking for so it's impossible for us to say whether it's a fair amount or not.

If you can move on from Tucker and save money and get similar production from someone else, then that's a good move. I'm just not sure who it is that steps in to be the primary defender in his place.

The NBA publishes the matchup info from each game. You can see who guarded who and how they did. The NBA is tracking everything via a series of cameras above the court. They track "partial possessions" for the matchup data. So if a ball handler is guarded by player A for half the possession and then after a switch is guarded by player B for the remainder of the possession, then player A and player B are each credited with 0.5 possessions guarding the ball handler.

I keep hearing that Tate should take Tuckers place so for fun I took a look at the matchup data from the Blazers game for those two.

Tucker guarded on 55.2 partial possessions and his man scored 12 points on 38.4% FG%.
    Tate guarded on 48 possessions and his man scored 16 points on 50% shooting.

Obviously it's only 1 game. Keep an eye on the numbers for the next few games.

For anyone curious, here's the players that scored against each:

Tucker - Covingtion (3pts), Nurkic (2pts), Lillard (2pts), McCollum (2pts), Simmons (3pts)

Tate - Jones Jr (3pts), Anthony (2 pts), Covington (2pts), Kanter( 2pts) , Lillard (3pts), McCollumn (2pts), Nurkic (2 pts)

18. dmoneybangbang

Why can't he be both good and a trade asset but we should sign and trade him at the deadline or offseason?

I don't understand why posters take it so personally he wants to maximize his value.

Patience and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

PJ saying the right things about the team and coach Silas.

20. csc177

csc177 Member

:: PJ starts to unpack his suitcase and cancels his flight ticket:::

D-rock likes this.