1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DO NOT TRADE HARDEN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Ideally the Rockets keep him, but we really don't know what their negotiated agreement is. And we really don't know what the trade offers truly are in full. There's a lot of guessing and assumptions.

So that said, if the offers are truly DeRozan pupu platter, then of course you wait. The unknown is how much pupu are teams offering vs what's the agreed upon trade date that Harden and the front office negotiated.

If the offers don't become acceptable, do you just tell Harden to go F himself? That's a tough one, lol. Hope Harden changes his mind or hope the offers become acceptable. As much as you hate trading him, losing him for nothing would be a debacle: no picks, no players, and you lose $30M in player salaries because you're operating under the cap instead of over.

HP3 likes this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Harden showed most offers wouldn't be enough anyway.

I'm sure he wants LA the question is whether he is willing to re-sign with clips or not. My assumption is he wants to go to lakers but willing to take a 2 year detour but likely not sold on clips either. That is the reason why since I believe the paul george deal would be there.

This is definitely a strange scenario. I don't see how dude could quit for 2 years.
    Where realistically is harden going to extend at? To me the answer is like 2 places. Clips and lakers

He wants to be the talk of the town 2 years from now in free agency then go to the lakers. That was his plan all along..

I think even Philly miami know this. I think its why the league is broken around lakers..He wants lakers and he is willing to wait ..he is in essence a rental for 2 years no matter who gets him besides lakers. I assume he's talking to his mom and jeanie bus and Ballmer and it's all "whatever you want to do james"
    Ballmer offering the max years and clippers for life
    .jeanie telling him how excited they are to have him realize his life long dream of playing for lakers..
    Ballmer on line 1, tilman line 2, and jeanie line 3

The blimp goes by his lambo. harden looks

THE WORLD IS YOURS

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve been thinking about the various comps out there. There’s the Paul George deal, which had value in a promising youngster (SGA), a solid vet that could’ve been flipped if they desired (Gallinari), and a mother lode of picks.

The Kawhi-Derozan deal is an interesting comp. Frankly, Derozan circa 2018 is probably better headliner than a lot of the stuff thrown against the wall to date - he was the all star and leader of a team that had made at least the 2nd round of the playoffs three straight years, and just couldn’t beat LeBron. I’d argue that’s better than say CJ McCollum (last night’s outburst notwithstanding) and a couple of picks. I didn’t expect his perimeter shooting could actually regress. Kawhi had a lot more question marks due to contract length and uncertainty over his injury. The Spurs should have at least extracted more picks given they gave up Danny Green too, but they did get a recent top 10 pick in Poltl and another one. Danny Green is basically the equivalent of PJ Tucker, who I think everyone assumes is in any Harden deal at this point.

Again, we don’t know what’s actually on the table, but the fact the Raptors traded Derozan for a Kawhi with a questionable injury status and on an expiring deal — and that was nowhere near enough — is all the more reason the Caris Levert headlined offers need to completely go away.

clutchdabear, Deuce, JumpMan and 2 others like this.
  4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I agree with your conclusion that the pupu Levert platter is a non starter.

I think you overrate DeRozan, who excelled in a weaker conference at the time. But yes, that package is still better than McCollum, though probably in the same ballpark. That's why I want to avoid the off-season trade.

I think it's fair to point out Kawhi's unknowns at the time, but I really can't fairly conclude who has more value with 1 year left. Harden/Kawhi/AD - they're all in the same ball park for the sake of trade value comparison.

And the AD trade had variables such as both teams knowing AD only wanted LA, and LeBron and the agent connections, and LA having assets, and LA knowing AD would extend. So with that in mind, I'm willing to accept that Harden won't get an AD package: Ingram + Ball + 3 1st rd (1 good one).

That said, my fear is that waiting until the off-season will bring Derozan/McCollum type poop. If OKC didn't own the team's future, then I may even agree with those who want to hardball Harden and ride out the final 2 years instead of off-season trade poop. But the future is boned, which is why you have to trade before this in-season deadline when Harden's value declines.

It's all unknown, but I think it's fair to assume the front office and Harden are working together to make a good deal if he doesn't change his mind. I think it will only improve their leverage this season if Denver, Boston, Toronto, and Philly look like they're still a big step away from championship level.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Bucks getting clowned by the knicks.

Might be time for them to guarantee a title run by upgrading Giannis with Harden.

6. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

You are crazy we can’t win with this guy. Of course you win some games in the regular season, but you never win a title with him.
    Every time when the Rockets has a big lead while he is on the bench when he comes back in the game the lead evaporates.
    He plays when he wants too let’s get 3 good players for him and move on.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

this post is so damn stupid I will give u the benefit of the doubt and chalk u up as a troll looking for attention

BigM, clutchdabear, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  8. HardenVolumeOne

blazers gonna never win a title with damian lillard, and they not looking to get rid of dame

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't see Harden being traded honestly.

DonKnock, Patience, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you're talking about BPM +/- right?

11. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Dude you just don't get it, Harden doesn't want to be a Rocket, that means he will be gone...

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Did you all watch Simmons lead 6ers without Embid tonight? Amazing!

clutchdabear and matchesmalone like this.
  13. riko

riko Member

Amazingly bad

Reeko, CCity Zero, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Don't think Harden can go anywhere and win guaranteed anyways... Rockets have just a good a chance as anyone not named the Lakers.

I don't he wants to go anywhere anyways. He is smart, he knows what he has here anyways.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

And threw away the ball on the final possession....

17. HardenVolumeOne

you act like harden hasnt come up clutch before in big spots

just typed in harden clutch on youtube and found a 12 minute video at the top of the page

D-rock, Patience and vlaurelio like this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so we should trade him for who?

D-rock likes this.
  19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lakers mvp... scott foster

cmoak1982 and vlaurelio like this.
  20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The guy who never missed a last minute shot, of course.

D-rock and BigM like this.