1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Rockets’ ceiling: “We have a chance.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden's body language and tone in that interview indicate that he can't wait to leave Houston.

Jontro likes this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

just sad... folks hanging their hopes on any little positive comment... smh...

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I thought you wanted the guy gone?

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Better than hoping role players like Tyler Herro or Caris Lavert can carry this team to the promised land. We’ve been there before with the Kevin Martins and Chandler Parsons of the world.

I’d rather just hold on to an unhappy Harden and see what could happen. In five years, nobody will remember who Lavert or Herro is, but Harden will still be kicking ass.

5. csc177

csc177 Member

I call BS...he’ll add another team to his wishlist before the year ends.

gogispade likes this.
  6. riko

riko Member

Harden wants out however to his credit he won’t cheat the Rockets on the court but the fact is he wants out. I don’t think anything or anyone is going to change his mind .

#46 riko, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Jontro, Denovo and csc177 like this.
  7. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Harden won’t tank it on the court so Stone just needs to keep on pretending like he’s fielding offers until we lock up that top 3 seed.

jayydela, GotGame15, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Can't speak for everyone but I most certainly don't want harden gone, we will not get equal value but if he will def not stay then I want him to play well and not break covid protocol so we can get max value.

10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

It's 2020 man what the hell else do we have to do but stay in and wish for the best.

11. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

As long as Stone is not consulting James on deals he just might sign that extension and just be a basketball player.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Harden had some GREAT years (8) here but just couldn't beat the Warriors on his best years. He's earned the right to ask for a trade and the Rockets have rewarded him financially (among the highest paid in sport) when he couldn't get max money from OKC. The Rockets have the right to get the best deal possible from his new team. Both sides got more than they bargained for at the end of the day. Everything has an end to it, and this may be the end. While it didn't end in a title, both sides will have to live with that. The Rockets will have to go find another franchise guy for everyone to root for.

kjayp likes this.
  13. OpportunityCost

Sort of unrelated, but with our PG needs, I wish we could somehow acquire B.J. Taylor who used to play for UCF, which I know b/c I would see him watching UH. He's currently with the Clipper's in the G-League. Good shooter and defender and a traditional PG, not a combo guard. Not a Cap-ologist or even sure if it's possible, but I feel he could help as a backup.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm not debating that losing a talent like Harden is a hit... Personally, I'm choosing to look ahead at the potential of Wood, Tate and Nwaba... and hoping guys like Boogie and Wall can return to form... and that guys like EGo and House can maybe benefit from the culture change... Silas and Stone... There's plenty to look forward to...

but some folks on here living in denial...
    Harden requests a trade - "doesnt mean anything..."
    Harden doesnt show up on time for beginning of camp - "doesnt mean anything..."
    Harden partying through pandemic like he's looking for a suspension - "doesnt mean anything..."
    "next question" - "doesnt mean anything..."
    Harden adds additional desired destinations - "doesnt mean anything..."

but he makes 1 comment and people are thinking it means he wants to stay...

c'mon... embrace the guys that want to be here - instead of pining for the guy that wants out.

smh...

Denovo and csc177 like this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I still hope they trade him if they can get a good enough return. I’m done with all of his bullshit.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Harden was speaking French he said, 'Qui'.

17. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

I’m keeping him until I get the kings ransom for him, which is exactly what Stone is doing. Too many people were downplaying his play on the court (what matters), and overplaying his drama outside of the court. I need value that can replace him, meaning Brown, Smart, Langford, picks or MPJ, Jamal Murray, picks or Simmons, Thybulle, Milton, and picks. He’s just too good, and he reminded everyone of that last night.

Plowman likes this.
  18. likestohypeguy

What if I told you Tyler herro would also be doing his signature snarl face, after all his big shots?

[​IMG]

NIKEstrad, D-rock and Patience like this.
  19. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

If I’m Stone I’m waiting until Brandon Ingram is trade eligible. He’s way closer to his KD potential comp and Ben Simmons is to his Lebron potential comp.

kevcai, dfbreyes and Little Bit like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

What is even sadder is taking glee in every negative comment, lies and half truths included.

Reeko likes this.