1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine. Just imagine.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Imagine.....he didn’t ask to be traded or turn down an extension

YaoMingsSoulja and JumpMan like this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Imagine if you added CP3 to this roster.

Not that the string of events that ended with CWood in Houstonnwoukd have happened though.

I’ve been optimistic about this roster for a while.

I absolutely get all the positives to take away from this game, too.

but I’m also a realist. The guys coming back need to stay healthy and play up to par then it’s a championship squad.

if that doesn’t happen I think they’re a player away still.

Not an all star. Just like a legit 3&D guy. A House or Tucker that is actually good and consistent.

of course at this point they might have assets to get that player.... IF Harden wanted to stay.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont think those good old days existed except in your head. Even as far back as Wilt Chamberlain rings belonged to the best team not necessarily the best player.

cmlmel77 and Patience like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

One piece away from WCF loss to Lakers.

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But the player (and fans) didn’t expect the team to deliver the ring. It was on the players.

I realize the GM has to put a decent team together, but the best players think they can get there no matter what. Harden’s demand to be traded has less to do with the players around him and more to do with the absence of a GM that valued him above everyone in the league and would bend over backwards to appease him.

6. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

5 of whom were undrafted, and the only other first round player is Caboclo who barely played last night because he is worse than those undrafted players. So it was essentially Harden + 2 second round players + 5 undrafted players, think about this for a minute. Curry still has some No.1 No.2 pick players in his team.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

who isn't though?

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you really trust Tilman to open his checkbook?

9. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Like most in here, I'll point out that this thread is a bit of a straw man.

There is a small contingent of Rockets fans who don't like Harden as a player and are ready to move on with or without his trade request.

Most of us evaluating trade proposals and ideas are doing it because he requested a trade and turned down an extension. If he changes his mind and decides he wants to stick around and will sign an extension this offseason I and many others would be ecstatic. If he still wants out we have to be realistic about the situation. There's no rush now but by the trade deadline we will be at a bit of a breaking point where offers could get a decent bit worse after that depending on what kind of offers we're getting then.

JumpMan likes this.
  10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Lakers thing is real. Harden wants to play in the Finals and it ain't happening in the West.

roslolian likes this.
  11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Rockets should go with a #StayH13 campaign during the season

Patience likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree. Lots of people here just look at what THEY want not what Harden wants. Number 2 seed, making noise in the playoffs thats not gonna make Harden happy.

Unless you confident you can beat the Lakers then you don't keep Harden, simple as that.

JumpMan likes this.
  13. carib

carib Member

As this team stands, when the Rockets are healthy they are easily a 10 to 11 players rotation potential.
    Things are brutal in the West, but a potential bench unit of Gordon, BMac/Brown, Nwaba, Tate and Cousins is deep.
    We will see hopefully in a less than a few weeks when the coach finalizes the rotation and the Rockets are at full strength, how they will look against the Lakers, etc.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You need to tell his mom this

15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Imagine thinking you are going to get fair value immediately after trading Harden. Lol, ridiculous thread. Harden is being discussed in uneven trade scenarios because he wants to be traded and that is all that we are currently being offered. No one has said we are getting fair value, at least day one. Maybe we get luck with a pick that makes things more even, but no one has said we are getting even value in return.