1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 12/26/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 25, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Woah link?

Patience and D-rock like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

When you have 4 or more guys out of position or not executing then it is a system issue.

Especially when 3/5 of this team were defending at elite level just months ago.

Stephen_A likes this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not sure why PJ played the short corner in the last play though. Why didn’t they put wood in the short corner if they wanted to go that route? That was an easy 2 since ROCO committed to harden. PJ should have stayed in long corner for the 3 or cut in once he saw harden driving. Wood would be better in that situation though. Not sure if Silas drew this up.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I loved how he revamped the offense, and even with the obvious growing pains it’s clear to see that we will be dynamic on that end of the floor. But just as you said, the defense was a mess—missed rotations, poor close-outs...just overall not great. I like our defensive pieces, though. I think there’s a lot of untapped potential.

HakeemOnlyFan, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

That was definitely a play.

Roomba likes this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets my ass. You’re not a Rockets fan :D

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

he brings some nice things to the table, but that inability to shoot and unwillingness to even try is way too big of a flow for me

Harden gives u the same amount of assists or more, and double or triple the amount of points depending on the game...just goes to show u how elite Harden truly is

if I’m Philly, giving up Ben Simmons for Harden would be a decision I wouldn’t even spend more than 1 second thinking about...goodbye Ben, see ya

8. Mr. Space City

Wall is gonna bring more playmaking.

Boogie is gonna give the Rockets another big body down low.

Mclemore will give the Rockets absurdly hot shooting nights.

Gordon...... will hopefully not play like he did last year.

9. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

There’s only one king James and he plays in Los angles. Such a sad sight watching you rocket people grasp for hope that harden will magically want to stay lol . Racist owner broke owner terrible owner

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

11. HP3

HP3 Member

I will hate Stone forever if he doesnt wait till the deadline to trade Harden. Im sorry James, maybe you want out. But you cant be giving indications you want to stay in your press conference LOL.

Screw this.....Im not ready to be mediocre just yet, we have to ball very fast. This your audition Silas.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

"You Rocket People"? AND ITS SPELLED Los Angeles!
    C'mon TROLL, if you're going to troll us with insults at least HAVE THE BALLS to tell us what team you root for!

13. HROZ

HROZ Member

I was getting Bonzi Wells vibes?

D-rock likes this.
  14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Why does it seem like 99% of the time if we have a final possession to win the game, we instead turn the ball over?

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah I would do it as well. Morey is just playing hardball and also being patient as to see what this duo can do this year under doc in a wait and see approach I suppose.

Reeko likes this.
  16. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Ah yes, the famous city of Angles: where you can turn your life around 180 degrees.....and then turn another 180 to go right back where you came from because even a misspelled, made-up city doesn’t want your dumb ass in it.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

18. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

As strange as it is, this reminded me of Beards very first game as a Rocket. Which to me was a blast. Tough loss but this is the best I’ve felt in a bit, LFG!!!

everyday eddie, Roomba, Tfor3 and 7 others like this.
  19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

We really coulda used Gerald Green tonight.

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Also House and Tucker need to hit their threes. If one of them shot normally form 3 this is a win.

BigShasta, Tfor3 and D-rock like this.