1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 12/26/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It was ok in the first half I thought until Mcollum exploded. They exposed wood in the pick and roll and there were a few mental lapses by harden, wood, and brown. Some things to tighten up and I expect them to be better.

Nook likes this.
  2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dame and CJ are also a terrible matchup for this team without Wall and Gordon. No elite rim protection, and small guards aren’t really Harden’s cup of tea. Nwaba and Tate were ok, but they’ll look better against wings.

Denver is not going to be pretty for us. We don’t have a good answer for Murray with Wall and Gordon still out, and I’m sure Jokic watched Nurkic punish Wood inside.

BasketMAD, mikol13, Nook and 2 others like this.
  3. fattz

fattz Member

Don’t like how Wood is answering the post game question after a loss. We lost the game; he needs to say it’s not okay.

DeBeards, BasketMAD and D-rock like this.
  4. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

Bitter sweet loss. Realistically no one really expected a win, however there were some really positive things. Nwaba and Tate certainly made the most out of their opportunity. Both were hustling and brought good energy to the team. Tate figured out pretty quick Harden will find him. Nwaba's hands were pretty active tonight. I'm loving Woods chemistry with Harden and the trust Harden had in him. Not enough can be said abouts Hardens passes. He needs to work on his post defense and not be afraid to take the open 3. I felt like 2-3 shots were passed up. Its nice to finally have a big who can finish again and has a good feel for the game. If there was any doubt that Harden was going to play subpar or disengaged well that was answered. He is continually coaching and communicating whether he is playing or not. Hopefully this keeps and things will only look up.
    Now on to House and Tucker...smh. Honestly there isn't much to say. Plain and simple, House's bball IQ is not that high. He is what he is...streaky. Tucker has his moments defensively and can hit corner 3s but imho father time is quickly catching up. You cant be mad at someone realizing that and wanting the best for him before its too late. On that last play it certainly seemed as though Harden was expecting to be where he is supposed to be. You could he see he was pretty pissed and almost turned around and said something to him as they were walking off. Ultimately it was on James but it would have been nice to have that shot.
    Barring any significant injuries, this should be a fun team to watch once we have the rest of the team on board. It is nice having a coach that calls timeouts when they are needed. I thought he did about as good as you can considering the circumstances. Let's go!

5. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, or someone versatile enough to play 3-5 at a reasonable level. The Wood acquisition was the right move but there is a hole at the 4/5 for someone with length that can protect the lane and still defend quicker 4/5’s and hit 3’s.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  6. shlhl

shlhl Member

Really concerned whether John Wall and Cousins can stay healthy. Otherwise we trade Westbrooks for nothing.

BasketMAD and HP3 like this.
  7. SORF

SORF Member

After Rockets first game...
    Coronavirus and coronavirus protocol 1, Rockets 0

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Holy crap we are good. All that without most of our starters

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Well the best we have is Bruno right now haha

Nook likes this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I think it starts with wood unfortunately. They exposed him all night with the pick and roll which forced weak side help from the corner defender etc. He didn’t guard his guy couple times. But other players were caught napping including harden, house and brown. Not sure what it was the overall awareness wasn’t there. They will get better as a unit though. I’m staying positive.

D-rock and Patience like this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you're saying GSW will be competing for a chip this year?

12. HP3

HP3 Member

This was not a good audition for someone who wants to win a chip though. Im just saying fellas. We needed to win fast if there is ANY HOPE of getting Harden back on board.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  13. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

Rockets

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Simmons can’t play offense and sucks at it I agree but I saw the sixers game tonight and he really facilitated that offense and his vision is off the charts just making it easier for everyone else. He is valuable in a lot of ways. Not an easy player to trade for or trade away with his max contract.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

But Silas only played him 4 mins.

Silas played a tight rotation of 8 guys (really only 7 man rotation since BT barely played 10 mins).

Hmmmm, that sounds familiar.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

everyday eddie and Tfor3 like this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

C'mon, if you're going to troll us with insults at least HAVE THE BALLS to tell us what team you root for!

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

I don't know how you can't be excited about this team even after the tough loss, especially after Harden basically committed to the team in the postgame press conference!

Christian Wood is easily the best offseason signing in the league. We desperately need more shooters so hopefully the guys out come back and hit their shots.

hakeem94, bro2044, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

20. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Is it possible House can move over to the 4 at times? PJ cant sustain these long minutes