1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 12/26/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 25, 2020.

1. psaman17

psaman17 Member

LMAO you dont subtract rebound because someone has a turnover. Thats the stupidest thing ive seen today.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Nah,....you guys must have forgot every clutch thing PJ has done.

D-rock, Nook and roslolian like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

As for House, we'll see.

I'd hope Silas is a coach that will adjust. It makes sense that by default he'll trust House more because he's a starter. Maybe tonight he learned that perhaps that trust was misplaced but he had to give the guy a chance to fail.

I think House has lost that drive he had since we first got him. I think he's been needing to be benched last season if only to keep him humble.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I’m very disappointed in Silas with that House decision. I have a feeling he’s going to roll with the starters in the crunch vs the guys who are doing what they need to do.

5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I didn't expect us to win tonight. We're missing so many players. I'm willing to bet if Cousins, Gordon and Wall were out there tonight, we would have won comfortably. The Blazers really struggled against our B team.

It was a really good effort.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

D'Antoni switch everything defense was the best defense last season in generating turnovers and getting stops at end of games.

Silas still have a lot to learn on that end.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm convinced is Christian Wood closes his eyes and randomly throw the ball at the rim in the paint it will somehow go in after 2 high bounces. I don't know where he got touches like thay

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Let's hope it wears out soon if he is going to play like this. He can't be this useless when he could of been our third best player on the floor tonight. Coach is clearly in love with Tate, we need Nwaba to hit that ****ing corner three so we can get House of here.

I wish we could trade for another 3-D player. **** being in the hard cap. Hopefully Gordon balls out and we can ship his ass out before he sinks back to earth like he does year in and year out.

D-rock likes this.
  9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

As usual, you've missed the point.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Or maybe he just tired dude skipped camp and had tonplay 40+ mins jis first game. Also got 44 pts 17 asts I doubt he is afraid of anything.

Nook, D-rock and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Also what with that weird drop coverage I saw? We need to switch. I was afraid we would be terrible on D this year. Hope I’m wrong.

D-rock likes this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

After tonight's performance, the price just went up again lol.

****ing media trying to trade him for whatever trash other teams have. Seriously man, James would make several teams instant title contenders. Phili, Boston, Denver, etc. Those teams would still have enough to kill it with James.

13. YaoMingsSoulja

Everyone complaining about tucker not being in the corner. How about the wide open christian wood that harden didnt pass too? Im sorry but thats the fat mans fault 10 times out of 10. Stop pointing the finger at tucker

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah you're the one missing the point.

Cant explain why Harden shows up and Curry doesnt.

Harden just 44 17 you blaming him for a 12 run by a bunch of rookies? Meanwhile he sat the 2nd time and the rookies lost the lead so what does prove anything either way?

Meanwhile Curry's teammates shooting career lows whether he sits or plays and Curry himself shooting 20% from 3.

everyday eddie and D-rock like this.
  15. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

House did 57 TS% in the regular season and playoffs last year.

Stop overreacting to one game. He’s fine.

Their rotations on defense need to get sharper but other than that, they were fine.
    Nwaba should start over him regardless IMO.

kjayp likes this.
  16. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

How does it feel knowing the rockets can’t even beat the blazers and harden out a 50 spot up . I’m sure harden can’t wait to be traded

17. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Also because of CJs streaky shooting. It was just one of those games where he could not miss. Missed big body in the paint also where Nurkic kept dominating using his wide body, which could change with Cousins. Blazers are simply overrated and always been in the past many years.

everyday eddie and forchette49 like this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We've got a new coach. Could be that if House keeps this up, he'll start the games on the bench. So far, I like Silas.

kjayp and ElPigto like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lillard still played when Harden sat 2nd time.

20. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

There is zero chance of terrible on defense this year. The talent is so obvious. They’ll get it together.

everyday eddie likes this.