1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you support this 2020/2021 season?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Dec 26, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If we are really taking this pandemic, which is on an up surge, seriously, it’s hard for me to justify restarting the NBA season, even with the various restrictions in place.

Would it have been better to just skip this year and resume next season after the vaccine is widely administered and we are hopefully getting back to normal?

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Easy for you to say
    It ain't your money.
    Honestly . . . if I were making millions a year. . . . I would be hard press to accept shutting down
    Esp as a Rookie

I don't mind them playing but I think they need more rules and restrictions

Rocket River

roslolian and CXbby like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Come on.

This would have been a debate prior to the season.

Now that the season has started, it's either watching it or not.

roslolian likes this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I mean I’m watching but I find it ridiculous to be playing like this during a pandemic. In a secluded bubble is one thing. But it is what it is. I’ll enjoy watching basketball

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I've sold my soul to watch a little bit of basketball. Sue me.

Quite frankly, even with the drama, it's nice to have this distraction. I get it, pandemic, but whatever sometimes it's nice just to forget WTF is going on out there. I've already secluded myself from most people, if these people want to play to entertain us, so be it.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. jayland

jayland Member

From a health and greater good standpoint, absolutely. From a financial standpoint, absolutely not. It's easy to take the moral standpoint when you are not personally impacted financially. But if you stand to lose many millions from skipping the season it would be much harder to take the same position.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You are absolutely right that it’s easy for me to disapprove when I’m not in any way financially affected by it.

I do think that if you have millions that can be lost as a result, you are probably in pretty good shape anyway to withstand it.

I think I’d be more concerned about the lower wage stakeholders in the NBA season.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

no, trade harden and stop the league.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

It is all about image.

The league wants fans and the media to believe they care, when they really don’t.

Also the virus isn’t as deadly for young and healthy people are feared.

CXbby likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This. The financial impact is not just the millionaire players and the billionaire owners. It's also the staff and other people who's livelihood depends on the games.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

This is the kind of question that can only be answered in hindsight. So maybe a year or two from now, we will realize how smart or stupid we have all been in regards to our pandemic era behavior.

B-Bob, Easy and JumpMan like this.