1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Monbear

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HP3, Dec 25, 2020.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The account posts in a way that they are very close to harden and also know his personal feelings and thoughts, and is also very defensive of harden. Things like “harden thinks that tilman...” or “harden is close to...” etc. You wouldn’t write this way unless you knew harden personally or you were pretending to. She also specifically said the in a post that she is not hardens mom and does not know harden personally...which doesn’t make much sense.

Final verdict so far is inconclusive.

JayZ750 and HP3 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay we dont have to dispute quantity of people, but cmon....the majority of this board...a lot of the time dont know what they are talking about. And you and I both know Morey didnt want to make that deal. I know I didnt, I know D Rock didnt, I know H Bingo did not, I know Nook did not, I know Dream Shook did not, I know Yolo did not, I know Justxyanx did not.Cp3 underperformed but I didnt think getting rid of him was the answer. Do you think this Lakers squad looks better than the KD warriors? You and I both know they dont just looking at them.

And Westbrook was coming off a really bad playoffs where he got shamed by Lillard.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

The only reason this has a large credence is because Kelly Iko, Marc Stein, Morey(who was following but unfollowed because of likely tampering lol) and Tim Mac....who responded to her publicly....that is weird, that is strange.

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You would have to be playing Harden at the three. Which isn’t all that outrageous of a concept. He was already guarding 4’s and 5’s frequently. Westbrook defensively would be the issue in that lineup. Offensively probably a lot of staggering. Because CP3 and Harden can shoot you can really have them work alongside anyone as long as they don’t trip over touches and the team is winning.

HP3 likes this.
  5. Corso

Corso Member

Butler must have had the much better team then.
    Dang.

Who built that Houston team?

Let's neglect style of play... or let's not.
    Whatevs.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh wow so the much better team argument only works when its against Harden huh? And for the record the Wolves were a third seed before Butler went down.

Daryl Morey and his team.

I dont even know what this means? There is mounds of evidence that Harden is a much better player than Jimmy Butler...like a ton.

7. Corso

Corso Member

I said nothing against Harden.
    I said Butler's team must have been a lot better.

HP3 likes this.
  8. likestohypeguy

I don't necessarily disagree with your (in)conclusion, but many posters on this bbs do kind of write this way!

HP3, harold bingo and durvasa like this.
  9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes they do and I feel the same way about it. It gives fake insider-y vibes. It's very annoying.

EDIT: One caveat here is that this doesn't apply to things that have been widely reported. Obviously if we've read multiple articles about a players thinking or opinions, then it's fair game. But this twitter account is clearly writing stuff that hasn't ever come out anywhere.

likestohypeguy and HP3 like this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol you are acting like cp3 didn't look done.
    That is so hindsight and incorrect its painful to ignore that 800 lb gorilla to the rest of your points.

You act like morey wouldn't have traded cp3 when he is most trigger happy guy around. People were against wb but it wasn't because they thought cp3 was a spry bouncing sure thing. Cmon man.

The trade was as much "get off cp3 contract he's done" vs. Westbrook. Wb just happened to be the one available to move off cp3 same way wall is moving off wb. Of course people don't like wb and I get it but you bring up him sucking in previous playoffs I will bring up triple double with wizards and being mvp..you act like wb was some obscure scrub..cmon

Again my point that none of this would have happened if cp3 hadn't looked done.

Sure at the root of it is tilman being a lame cheap fuc*k but the real question is if you should hang your hat on harden or not? Rockets have done so for many seasons and keep trying and it still hasn't happened. Now they are changing direction after failed attempts and a recent schlacking..rockets did same when got rid of Horry cassell for barkley. Change can be painful .

You can't change.. rewrite if you want to try it just looks weird so let me ask you this-

Do you think harden would have stayed after 2 years?

Do you think cp3 would have done anything with rockets in bubble against lakers?

11. HP3

HP3 Member

He still looked better than Russ, are you kidding me? Russ looked awful, and is never the kind of player Morey would wan....ever.

Morey would never trade Cp3 for someone like Westbrook....ever.

He's 0-2 and has been trash since his MVP season. The trade was dumb and it was not about winning.

Players have down years, the Warriors were not there anymore, the correct decision was to add other pieces not to get worse ones.

When you have a player as good as Harden you try as long as you can.

I can't but I know what made the history we are in right now.

If we won a chip maybe. If not that's fine.

Yes.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

wb already had a triple double.the wb is a scrub argument is a strange hill to die on.

I'm not a big wb fan but I am impressed with his athleticism. I don't like his game but you are making out that cp3 is way better especially when he looked done..I like cp3 btw but again wb isn't terrible. You making that argument is..

Wb not a good fit with rockets is fair too. Again wb happened to be available and they were looking to get off cp3 due to being done. I'm not sure why that is so hard to accept?

I'm not sure what you are arguing past that but I don't think they would have won against lakers in bubble with cp3 and I think harden was going to leave in 2 years anyway..he would be 33 and can finally go to la and play for lakers.

If you believe that harden was going to leave in 2 years anyway then in my opinion not much tilman could do but be a tad better at stroking harden ego..he didnt.
    That is on tilman.

But if you have harden for 2 more years then you can keep him 2 years and run him into ground as needed..
    To your point rockets got off the wb deal and now wall is pg AND a hedge bet against harden. In meantime run harden into ground and potentially bounce both at trade deadline not this but next year depending on record...seems ok..

If you think harden was leaving anyway then I must say I really like what tilman is doing .and while I've had my doubts been a vocal tilman critic.. it may well be all us wondering why we didn't shut up and listen. Besides being a pompous turd and having a public hr nightmare im secretly loving all of these tilman moves.

Since still have harden, wall is pg and this wood guy is anything ..then I'm in and you gotta give it a big tbd still.

Until further notice. If rockets don't make playoffs at deadline maybe you blow it then..

I'm on side of keeping harden until end for next 2 years..fu*ck his feelings he was leaving anyway

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Hear hear. Due to injury and age, nobody here wanted to keep Chris Paul and everybody considered his contract one of the worst in the league--especially people posting here.

Then Paul is healthy and has a great year and Westbrook comes up short in the playoffs and suddenly everyone's got 20/20 hindsight. But even enjoying such hindsight, the word here on Westbrook was that he was washed. Wrong again.

Before the stoppage, he was playing scary good. And then he came into the bubble late because he had covid, which is not nothing. Then he got hurt and came back way too early to play through a serious injury because the team needed him.

But yeah, let's make all that his fault. Why not blame Chris Paul for his hamstring? Because it doesn't fit the latest narrative, that's why.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Compared to Cp3 as a player as well as fit on this team....he was terrible.

They could have and with picks we could have used that to upgrade the roster with the picks we gave up for Westbrook.

Uhh...2 years should be enough time to win a chip. He should have been letting Morey do his job. Tillman was cheap and interfered with player's work and has trash covid protocols as well.

That's not happening because Harden wants out right now.

What? Most of them of have been horrible, Morey is gone and Harden is gone...that is trash. HIs biggest moves have been awful AWFUL.

Harden wants out though?

Harden as we've seen is not gonna be cooperative for 2 years man. Tillman HAS BEEN GARBAGE. He is trash.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

I'm not having anyone telling me Tillman Fertitta has been a good owner so far...that's a flat out lie.

16. Milos

Milos Member

VY's selected family for representation ... I believe it was his uncle Major Adams

His family proceeded to negotiate what is widely regarded to be the worst Top 3 overall rookie contract in decades, full of non-standard performance bonuses, etc

I'm guessing there was also little in the way of a legit financial manager on the VY team either, as he is now pretty much dependant of UT alum for various streams of income that would be unnecessary if he had sound financial professionals looking out for him from the beginning

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think that’s what this Monbear account is intended for — to try to spin the narrative back in his favor.

18. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Harden for Paul Pierce confirmed.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Why should we automatically assume she is lying though?