1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Celtics and Nets looking for 3rd Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Dec 25, 2020.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

They would still be one of the top 3 teams in the East, easily. And a strong contender to win the East.
    There isn’t a team that is going to match up with the Lakers in the East, so no they won’t be favorites.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

3 team that might work. Question is Toronto.

Houston out: Harden, Gordan, Tucker, House
    Houston in: Simmons, Siakam, Shake Milton
    Philadelphia 2024, 2026 unprotected 1st, 2023 2nd round pick via Charlotte

Toronto in: Gordan, Tucker, House, Thybulle, Maxey
    Philadelphia 2021 1st round pick

Philadelphia in: James Harden

Can't execute until Jan. 1 because of Maxey

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

They are already top 3 in the east. They have to keep brown and tatum in a deal for it to really have an impact.

Boston84 likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is significantly better than anyone on that team and would be at worst the second best player in the East.
    Tatum and Harden is elite.
    They would go further than a Brown/Tatum duo. It is dependent on what the parameters of the trade would be.

vlaurelio and finsraider like this.
  5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

This trade would mean Toronto helping Philly get better. I domt really see that happening

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Are you kidding everything around here as of late has been misleading

Denovo, hakeem94 and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Except that they want to pair him with their two best assets so they won't trade everything they have. Thats why their offer is the worst.

LFE171, saleem and Jontro like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

More like, that has zero chance to happen.

eliefor3 likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Of course i meant everything aside for Durant and Irving, wouldn't make sense for them otherwise.

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

better offensive player worse defensive player with less size. Harden doesn't move the needle without brown when they would have a worse supporting class. you can easily argue KD/Kyrie are just as good, especially looking at the numbers thus far with a better team around them

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sure. But it's kind of like the Rockets saying "we'll trade you everything except Harden or Wall for [your star]". Why would another team do that in reverse? Denver wouldn't give us Murray, doubt Atlanta would even give us Trae Young. Harden is an MVP (should be 3x MVP). Fans are tripping trying to evaluate these trade proposals.

raining threes likes this.
  13. Fefo

Fefo Member

This is not true. We won a lot of games during that stretch and the identity of the team was exactly that, it was WB team. He had better per games than James during that stretch.
    By the way, I'm not defending Wbrick, i don't like the guy and never liked trading for him, he is a stat padder than won an mvp he should have never won. That can be said and still think he can be effective in the right system and his talent and athletism are amazing.
    During the playoffs he just wasn't the same, he had the quad injury and had covid just before it. Don't you think those things can take a toll on your game?
    It doesn't matter anyway , coz WB is so dumb he wanted to revert to shoot 3s again, so he would have probably ****ed up anyway, but it wasn't because teams figure it out, it was because he was injured.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, they can still trade like 4 unprotected picks and 3 swaps if they want, that alone is already much more then what we and other teams can trade even if we/they want. And i don't really know what we can get from a third team with their players, like you i assume not someone great, but who knows. Then again, the complete package could still be better then what other teams are willing to offer if a good enough player ends up in the deal.

I know most of us are not exactly thrilled with a trade with the Nets, it's the same for me, but that's mostly cause on paper we don't see a good prospect coming back in the package, but that could still end up being the case.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Teams have figured him out plenty of times in the playoffs. His injury doenst change his poor shot selection and poor play making. Also no even during his hot stretch, we were worse with him on the court.

16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

So Toronto would get rid of their best player for a bunch of role players? Why would they do that if they’re not getting harden lmao

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Masai is a better gm than Morey. He is not stupid.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

To be quite honest , with James forcing his way out , I don't give a damn if he doesn't have enough at his next destination.
    I hope he never wins a championship outside of this organization.

Screw anyone and everyone in a hostile jersey.

Possum likes this.