1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo: Rockets have ‘growing belief’ that Harden may stay for full season, if not longer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Dec 24, 2020.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Actually, Magic may be available if they want him. :D

Nook likes this.
  2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Durant still catches flack for how he won his titles.

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

and Thaddeus “FFF” (Fireworks father figure) Brown

BamBam, D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Two years. And it’s no guarantee he opts out in year 3, as he will be 33 and slated for a 47M salary. But if he doesn’t opt out, then you can safely say that the third year that contract will be a bad one for the amount of money he costs you.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Looks like we're going to stay that way .... until he's traded or the deadline , then we'll be right back on the roller coaster in the offseason.

I wonder how many times the team has games canceled due to breaking covid protocol ....

topfive likes this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

We may have been the first, but I doubt we will be the last. It’s gonna happen. Our guys got unlucky in that 3 were taken out from a haircut — which I really don’t think they were being that irresponsible (assuming the rooms wasn’t filled with random groupies). How did Mac and Ego get it/exposed?

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I was talking about Side Show Bob drama more than covid and players sitting out.

This media freak show will be with us until Harden is traded or we reach the trade deadline whichever occurs first , then we'll deal with it again in the offseason.

We may as well get used to it.

#Uncomfortable.

raining threes and clos4life like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

chris Paul was literally days away from signing with the Rockets as a free agent. The Rockets worked a trade with the clippers to preserve their mle. The situations aren’t analogous at all

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

ROH ROH Shaggy!

Theres gonna be some not so happy campers around here if James sticks around!

What about rules!? What about culture!? WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS!!??

LOL

I hope he stays, but have found my state of indifference rather zen-like.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Well that's what happens when you report Harden requested a trade and wants out when in actuality he presented ultimatum of "build a contender or trade me to one." Something he did in previous seasons, but I guess it's more riveting to post sensational headlines. This was all in house in the past. So I'm sure it's no coincidence these recent "leaks" line up with Morey's departure, who would love nothing more than to swap Ben Simmons (the anti Morey ball player) + picks for Harden (the quintessential Morey ball player).

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Definitely prefer being uncomfortable for a year than getting fleeced in a trade that sets the franchise back years.

raining threes, cbs1507 and Patience like this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Harden was going to leave in 2 years regardless of coach owner whoever.

So keep him for 2 year rental run him into the ground..let him walk in 2 years he will be 33 anyway.

Keep harden f*uck his feelings

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Harden could easily average 30, 7, and 12 for this team. I think that's conservative.

As much as I dislike Harden right now, his best play is to stay. This may be the most talented team, when you take coach and system into account, that he's had. If we stay healthy, we may be a threat. The west is just loaded.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

can you expand on this post and the scenarios?