1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wonder Woman 84

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Did not like. Did they really spend 200 million making this?

Not sure they properly explained the powers of the crystal. Was expecting WW to fight the God of Lies or something instead of using her words and magic lasso to beat the villain.

Kristen Wig...waste of screentime. They spent 5 minutes on old mousy but lovable sidekick version of her and ramped up her transformation w/o letting the audience giving a ****. Why not just chop off half an hour of that transition or fill in an action scene in between?

When it comes to characters outside WW, telling (blatant exposition) >>> showing

The Chris Pine in 80s moments was ok, but a big drag for things people don't care about in a superhero movie... 1) he's not superpowered so the "stranger in time" trope has been done before...we get he loves a life WW does not appreaciate 2) No one except WW cares what he's going through 3) do we want to watch this over fighting scenes or Gal Gadot doing things?

That Egyptian highway scene would be better served with two other buddy buddy 80s fight scenes with Chris Pine helping WW do hero things to build up their chemistry. Let them foil a bank heist or cop chase like they did it in the 80s. It would help the pacing and also make the 80s theme more fun rather than a marketing prop that does nothing for the spirit of the movie. Yeah, I got the Superman nods, but this isn't superman and it didn't click for me during that long 80 minute non-action break where WW didn't do WW things and was more like a school girl who just popped her cherry after 500 years.

I can see why Kevin Feige hates magic and has held back using it in movies for a long time. Without established rules, you're pretty much pulling things out of your butt and expecting the audience to gobble it all up while expecting them to want more and suspend even more disbelief.

Why can Mando add more amendments on top of their wishes? Cuz magic! Why didn't mando wish for power and prestige like Kristin Wig instead of acting like he was possessed by the crystal, an angle that would not work with the ending? Magic works in mysterious unexplainable ways. What's the deal with the lasso of truth and its powers? Cuz magic! Why did she need that battle suit and what purpose did it serve after she learned how to fly? You need magic to beat magic, dummy! WTF is cheetah a cheetah instead of turning into a man with a .44 magnum...magic's ideal of an apex predator isn't a shark, lion, or Dirty Harry...you're being a magiphobe! What happened to depowered cheetah...isn't that a loose end? Magic villain recast for potential sequels. Wouldn't wishing the wishes never existed make more sense than asking why the non-wish laden Russian missiles on a crash course to the US disappeared (or all the unretracted/unretractable wishes for that matter...)? Because that would make the movie incredibly dumb and pointless 2 and a half hour waste of time...Geez!!

With the same director, I don't know why this became a disappointment and a preachy mess. Because rona left out the personal touches to make it all fit together? Or was the first movie a success because of low expectations and the higher expectations for this one didn't keep up for a mediocre movie? Maybe all of the above?

P.S. Who else thought that moment where WW talks to Steve's post possessed body was extra cringey when she spent the last week or two ****ing around in his house doing every and any of the nastiest positions possible leaving a trail of pop tart crumbs and pubes in its wake for the next guy to clean up, all while the spiritual owner was unconscious about it?

I guess it aint rape if he would've wanted it. She made his day with her merciful fashion compliment so that totally absolves her for wanting Steve to perma-possess his body forever and ever.

#81 Invisible Fan, Dec 26, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    gatsby, B-Bob, studogg and 2 others like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

i don't understand why the torrent file for this is taking so long to download with thousands of seeders. i tried another movie and it barely took a few minutes.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn’t get the gold suit at all.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I figured out the wish/trust angle last night but was too sleepy to update.

Prologue shows Lil Diana taking a shortcut to win the race after she falls off her horse. Her mother (?) tells her that it wasn’t honest (paraphrasing). Wishes=unearned shortcuts/not honest.

GRENDEL likes this.
  5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Didn't enjoy it, but I didnt enjoy the first one either.

gatsby, DreamShook and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The countdown to Patty Jenkins "leaving" Rogue Squadron over "creative differences" starts now.

7. tallanvor

The invisibility was ham-fisted too with one stupid line to explain it.

Rocket River and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty underwhelming, I had never seen the first one so watched it with the second one yesterday with my wife and daughters. first one was okay, second one was just kind of all over the place. closed my eyes and dozed at times

Ubiquitin likes this.
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I went from wanting to see this to not wanting to see this. Meh!

ROXRAN likes this.
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Should have got Jim Carey to play max. They took some Bruce almighty and liar liar and mixed it up in there.

I understand it's a super hero movie but do flights in exhibit have fuel in then and how is a fighter able to fly across the world?

Invisible Fan and Ubiquitin like this.
  11. tallanvor

Did anyone buy hbomax for this? Curious if at&t's gamble paid off.

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It’s like eyeing a red 2019 Toyota Supra back in late 2018 then it being finally available Dec. 2020 and then it’s nawww I’ll punt lol

Ubiquitin likes this.
  13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This place crawling with Marvel fan boys

14. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I’m interested to hear your take on the film.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Nope...

T_Man

16. Remix

Remix Member

6/10 and would be 5/10 if Gal wasn't insanely gorgeous. Felt like a mid 2000's typical comic book film before they showed they can actually have some substance behind them. CGI was pretty rough too...

Movie came down to the power of love beating a evil genie....wtf Patty Jenkins

Invisible Fan and T_Man like this.
  17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Jux...

I totally agree with you....

Out of all the DC movies, the first WW was my favorite behind the batman series with Christian Bale.

The director and writers really screwed this up... BIG TIME.... I thought Superman vs Batman was bad....

T_Man

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  18. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

WW84 is a POS

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Max Lord out here like:
    [​IMG]

Rocket River

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That was justice league quality. Horrible.