1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[IDIOTNEWS] Boston and Portland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 24, 2020.

1. hakeemthagreat

The same way we surrounded Westbrook with shooters? How exactly did that pan out?

It frustrates me that ppl mention Simmons as this all nba cornerstone, but glim over the fact I can literally go on the court right now and beat Simmons in a shooting contest. The Rockets would be INSANE to give up their franchise player for this. Daryl Morey would ROB us of Harden if we're getting Simmons

2. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Excellent post and points. Couldn’t agree with you more. Sixers and Denver should be in a win now (2 year window) and it’s not going to happen unless you bring in a superstar - right now the only one a available is Harden and it’s going to stay that way through that time frame.

finsraider likes this.
  3. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

He’s young and has a great contract. He’s an asset that can be used while we rebuild and that looks inevitable.

4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

a max contract at $35M+/yr for a perimeter playmaker who needs the ball in his hands but can't shoot a lick does not sound like a great contract, especially for a team looking to rebuild. that max contract is basically admitting that he's your franchise cornerstone and that you believe he can win you a championship with no real wiggle room or cap flexibility to improve.

i think there could be an argument that simmons' contract is decent if it came at a number similar to jaylen brown ($25M/yr), even though personally i think that's still an overpay for ben simmons.

Patience and oloboloz like this.
  5. finsraider

finsraider Member

thank you. Agree that both teams look like they should be competing now, but don’t have enough to get over the hump at the moment. Either Harden/Jokic or Harden/Embiid look like immediate contenders.

Murray/Jokic and Simmons/Embiid do not look like contenders. Murray might become an all-star, but more likely he won’t, or at least not a consistent one.

There is no current universe where Murray is better than Harden for the next 3 years. You can ask yourself “what if Murray becomes an all-star?” but you also have to ask yourself “what if he doesn’t?”

BallaDoc likes this.
  6. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It's not totally irrelevant. He has more value if he's going to sign an extension or opt into that PO.

HP3 likes this.
  7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I mean... it is 2020. I would take him in a heart beat. his teammates suck. Only other person that I can see who can score at James’s clip. Wall would have to go though.

sirjesse likes this.
  8. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

This dude is a complete dummy!

https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-3-reasons-why-houston-must-trade-james-harden/

1. The rockets are gonna wait James out. More pundits and players are gonna keep speaking out against James so drama will work itself out!

2. Another idiot trying to tell us how much value we get for Dinwiddie or Simmons. Sorry, doesn’t compare to James value as a player.

3. New chapter of Garden’s career! Man FHUHK THAT! WOW GIVES A SHIZNAT ABOUT HIM AT THIS POINT!

9. hakeemthagreat

So we're trading our franchise player simply for youth & cheap contracts? And how valuable is a guy scared to shoot after 3yrs in the NBA? I thought rebuilding meant getting players that fit your system. Ben Simmons fits 5 and Out offense?

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Not so sure about that. Extension or no, he can pull his "F#ck Houston" plan on any team at any time when he decides he is unhappy.

An extension is an illusion of future security for whatever team gets that from him.

studogg likes this.
  11. hakeemthagreat

Yeah I mentioned trading James for Dame a couple years ago, but posters here belittled the idea (some in this thread). Funny how things came to fruition

banzai likes this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Funny how signing a contract in the NBA means "Gimme money" but not "I will work for you for X length of time."

13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, because teams always keep players for the full length of contracts.

HP3 likes this.
  14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm sure if Tilman sold the team, he would stay.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Ever see an owner start crying about "I don't feel like paying the contract. I'm gonna skip a few paychecks." The worst owner in the world pays even when a guy is injured.

GotGame15 and raining threes like this.
  16. PatBev

PatBev Member

I imagine Brooklyn whooping Boston’s ass today and Boston offers Brown + picks + filler for Harden realizing they can’t compete in the east with nets, bucks, Miami, ect

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

While most trend lines I see point to trading Harden as hard to insurmountable, there is one pushing the other way. If your an east contender, you don't want one of your contention adversaries getting Harden.

18. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’d take brown, herro, or Simmons + picks

I don’t want harden here if he is gonna act like a child. Get a good young star that will be tradable for a high draft pick if they don’t work out. I want a young star to pair with Wood

19. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Can someone confirm if all these cities are great in terms of strip clubs?

raining threes likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I kind of expect the opposite to happen.