1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS: Leaking like a sieve

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Asian Sensation

KAT and Wiggins were immature and soft. They probably still are. Look at the success Butler has had since leaving and look at the Wolves, KAT and Wiggins. What has Minnesota done since? Butler saw a bunch of young guys and management that wasn’t on his level in terms of wanting to win. Why would he waste his career in Minnesota with guys and and organization that didn’t give a ****? That’s neither here nor there though.

My point is just cause he wanted out and didn’t want to win in Minnesota doesn’t mean he let himself get out of shape, showed up late, became a distraction/liability by partying during a pandemic with strict protocols and made headlines every ******* day and night for all the wrong reasons. Butler’s situation doesn’t seem ridiculous compared to Harden’s. Not even in the least bit.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

My god....this is so delusional. LOL. Holy crap.

Rocket River and D-rock like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Poor decisions by players are poor decisions by players......

If they don't make those poor decisions there is nothing to report.

DD

NotInMyHouse, PDJACK7 and BallaDoc like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL how did a staffer get it then? Why do we have staffers getting covid? How is it that WE are the only team in the league with Covid positive players before opening night. Why was Russ complaining about Covid protocols here?

Connect the dots dude

PeterKingX likes this.
  5. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Actually Chicago had a player test positive before us. Possible that it’s a false positive or he tested positive before the player he got it from (depends on viral load and cycle threshold).

Also this part isn’t as fact based as the above two comments and I’d have to look up the images, but wasn’t there pictures of Russ out in public not masking up? I know he publicly advocated for wearing a mask but I could’ve sworn there were pictures of him and out and about without a mask. If that’s true he’s being hypocritical of the Rox.

HP3 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Normally would but during the holidays I chill and let yourself connect the dots. :D

HP3 likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Harden hater alert. Harden hater alert. This poster moving goal post. Butler in no fking way was professional in leaving team.

Dude we all know u dislike Harden, he's gonna get traded eventually. Stop trying to push that the way Butler act to get out of the wolves was professional. Hell he issued an ultimatum with Chicago and got the boot to wolves.

Harden has his fault, but butler is no saint.

Rocket River likes this.
  8. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Yeah, he probably shouldn't have brought up Butler, but it still doesn't take away the fact that Harden has been a immature a-hole. Just because a person is honest about what they see, hear or what has been reported doesn't mean they are a hater. And this isn't something that just started. This has been who he is this whole time.

People bring up that Harden always come to play, but that's not always true either. He pouts, refuse to play without the ball, and won't listen to anyone about basketball play. As much as I'm ready for him to be gone, I'm not catering to him and just giving him away. He either needs to get his act together and be professional until I find a legit trade, or rot his ass at home or a strip club for the next 2 yrs.

IBTL likes this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Under intense enough microscopes, with the right spin added, human decision making can be made to look foolish ad nauseam.

Unfortunately, giving people power and money doesn't make them any better at it.

10. onreego

onreego Member

1. They used old footage of James.
    2. It was probably asked for them to put “The Tilman Fertitta Family” above and bigger than the organization the actual message is coming from.
    #2 seems odd but that’s just me. Even the Lakers just say “The Lakers Family”. Organizational leadership matters.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Everyone needs to relax. 71 games to go!
    Anxiety is at an all time high.

Let’s circle back 20 games into the season and see:
    1. Is James gonna continue to be a punk
    2. Is the team going to be severely impacted by COVID
    3. Can Wall/Cousin/Wood keep this team in playoff hunt if James is inconsistent

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I agree.
    It's not "hard" but from a superstar point of view seeing coach,gm,westbrook leave without his involvement... and an owner that doesn't remember it's the superstar that drives it.

In a delicate time of losing coach gm emotional intelligence vote of confidence and common courtesy you still involve your superstar in input and future. On some level...
    Instead you get an owner trying to assert his own plans including a ball control point guard in wall. Wall a past all star at that.. clear message to harden he is expendable..replaceable..add to the list reasons harden would bounce already forgetting that tilman is annoying turd on top of it.

This could have gone either way and while getting wall silas was insurance and tilman correctly hedging his bets ..as is usual tilman didn't think the human capital part through ..as he never does.

He forgets it was the human capital he bought as well.

Tilman line of thinking was harden would do whatever in meantime since he has 2 years. It was dumb of tilman to not make James a part of it but the whole point was to take away the control harden has on the deal..we have all collectively complained about iso harden ball but yet now tilman is looking to change and we all get mad? So it is a tough place. They had lost to gs and lakers..

well the answer is more that if had harden for 2 more years he should be informed / involved as some sort of captain. I'm sure that could have happened better than it did. Tilman messed up on that part..

Instead it was "shut up and listen "with harden easily instead opting to take his 80 mill and ball elsewhere. It's no stretch to think in meantime while wait for Lakers or clips to open up 2 years from now it's more exciting playing in brooklyn Philly Miami.

I think it's almost 100% harden ends in LA ..clips or lakers once we get through this
    ..whether now or 2 years from now.

He might even not play for 2 years. He's paid..lakers and clips will sign him any which way they can day 1 btw no shame.. the league is broken in many respects and him and Anthony Davis with lebron and probably his son if old enough in 2023 or whenever hardens 2 years is up.

Or clippers..he has 2 choices

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Harden's involvement is why the coach and GM are gone.....and it's why we desperately had to get rid of the Westbrook cancer that Harden insisted the team go get.

Listening to Harden is the LAST thing anyone needs to do. He's an amazing player on the court, but that's about it. Letting him have a say in anything else is like having Bill O'Brien as your GM.

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It just shows you who they think this is all about

onreego likes this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I understand but if you put yourself in harden shoes
    1) you are the superstar of the team
    2)you lost your coach
    3) you didn't get coach lue
    4) you heard there will be changes (see #1)
    5) lost your gm who loved you and coddled you
    6) traded for a ball control starting point guard. Basically your replacement
    7) I'm already at 7 and involved or not I got 2 years and see #1 again.
    8) tilman is a douche
    9) Philly Miami Brooklyn = more fun

and so on ...btw this is just sorta the KNOWN stuff there are likely other aspects. If it's true tilman leaked subsequent trade requests that's not a good look for tilman.

I agree with your premise but from tilman angle he simply either had to plan to trade James or not see some vote of confidence. I'm sure tilman was cold shoulder when really they should have had a talk..to your point he's the owner and stfu but again it doesn't always work like that..
    Tilman over played his shtick and if I'm harden I see the why of it. Harden being petty is dumb but tilman needs to figure this out. Like it or not part of the equation with harden is playing a long otherwise his value is literally zero and he's bricked himself hacker style.

Tilman overplayed his hand now rockets will get hosed on value. Harden still gets his $$ btw..even if lose 40 mill he will be way fine..Fans suffer

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

From Tilman Fertitta, lulz. Douche bag. People care about the team, or company, or product, not who owns it. Unless it's @tinman BFF Elon.

Easy, onreego and DonKnock like this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Elon wishes happy holidays to all earthlings and martians

J.R. likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Welll.... but why did no one on Chicago get the virus then? And why were they able to play opening night?

Russ can be hypocritical but still be right.

BallaDoc likes this.
  19. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

I know that Vonlehs test came back positive after the game was played. Not sure if anyone else on that team is positive or not but I’d find it hard to believe that they are negative if he was practicing with them.

Valid point on WB. Wrong is wrong no matter who is calling it out.

HP3 likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Well they played? And the NBA hasnt reported any staffer or player getting a covid positive test. Alll I know is, right now, you are only hearing about the Rockets and that shows poor management.

BallaDoc likes this.