1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden for J Murray - The only acceptable trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by palmsnbananas, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m very eager to see if Murray capitalizes on the leap he showed in the Bubble

dude all of the sudden went from nice young player to borderline top 15 player

before the Bubble, we never would’ve been talking about Murray as the centerpiece of a Harden trade that everybody would’ve been happy with

Rocket River likes this.
  2. Chamillionaire

How concerned should we be about his back?

3. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe, that is part of the risk associated with Porter. I don’t know what the future holds for his back but I do know that if his back issues are managed he has a chance to score 25 a night with his touch, size, ball handling and athleticism.

CXbby likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

He had what is a mini micro discectomy between the 4th and 5th vertebrae of his lumbar spine. It is spine surgery but one of the least invasive types.

He is very young, which is good for recovery purposes. He likely could walk around and eat after the surgery the same day. For people like you and I we start to see functional recovery in 4-6 months. For someone like Porter that is playing basketball at a really high level it is about two years.

Porter is at the two year point and is playing very well with limited complaints. He has about a 10-12% chance of reinjuring his back and have another herniation in the next 5-10 years. He may have occasional back spasm or pain but that can be treated with rest and that is not likely to happen.

So the chance of reinjury is like one in eight and the chance of occasional games missed is higher but not big.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude missed 2 years already. Can he go 82 plus playoffs for 10 years?

6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Too bad Denver ain’t breaking up that duo since they took it to the mighty Lakers pretty good in the playoffs.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Simmons doesnt have to lead a team anywhere he can be the superior glue guy or the 3rd wheel on a champ team. In the GSW trio he is like the Draymond Green on the team he will do the other things besides scoring like defending the other team's best player, rebounding and slashing to the paint.

Murray cant be that cuz he is the Steph on the team. You will get guys that complement him and his ceiling is low AF cuz although he can score he cant defend or rebound. Yeah he played great in the playoffs what did he do vs Kings? If he isnt scoring he is useless because he is too short.

Jaylen Brown is better cuz he only costs 20 a year and is a two way player. Murray gonna command the max.

Milos likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Didnt they get smoked 1-4?

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Amazing isn’t it how these other stars in the West get a pass.

roslolian likes this.
  10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yeah... I stand corrected... I mean they played hard and we saw a breakout for Maurray and Jokic is gonna do amazing Jokic.

roslolian likes this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

good luck getting Denver to make this trade

It seems contenders these days are all high on their stars/potential stars and Harden's behavior only makes him less desirable.

The only reason Lakers went and traded the farm for AD is because of Lebron's age. For Clippers, it was because Kawhi demanded it.

For us to get a good package back would require us to find a team that desperate (with an aging star or one that wants Harden immediately) and there clearly isn't a team like that right now other than the Warriors and their coach clearly hates Harden.

12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Screw Murray they should go after jokic.I would take Harden straight up for Jokic heck I would even add a pick. I know it won’t happen But still

Possum likes this.