1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Woj] Harden eligible to play against Portland with negative test

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 24, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Its amazing he had to double post, he was so bothered that it detracts from his narrative that Harden is the devil.

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

my point is, they actually weren't any safer because they are more at risk than James is since he has already had it... which is why one came up positive in a small group yet James has been in larger ones and still negative

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I think the last 2 days we have talked about the "isolation problem" about Harden than ever been in his whole career.

clos4life, D-rock and coachbadlee like this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Harden, Wood, and Gordon are the Rockets best players anyway. If they play, they have a chance. Even if Wall, Cousins and Ben don't.

D-rock and coachbadlee like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah he just cant seem to shake that.

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas everyone!

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Huh? I don't think we disagree at all. The tweet you quoted began with "I know it's the right call, from a health perspective."

I know it doesn't matter what they were doing. What I was saying is that it's unfortunate because the haircut crew tried to follow the rules (getting a haircut isn't against protocol), yet because of their bad luck at being wrong place, wrong time (i.e. with a COVID positive person who didn't know it then), they're likely going to miss at least one game. Meanwhile, Harden knowingly broke protocols, yet he will be allowed to play. Thus, it FEELS weird, since it's the guys who tried to follow the rules that may be held out. Yet, as I said, I understand completely that it's the right medical decision.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He's got some antibodies left, he'd be good to go for the Portland game.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Great news: we're tied for 6th in the Western Conference with OKC and it looks like we'd play the Timberwolves if the playoffs started today.

harold bingo likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Oh the irony of you explaining your take on the ironic plot twist that is the irony of being a Houston Rocket right now.

The Cat and D-rock like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So...him saying he thought he was within protocols
    Is a bald face lie?

Rocket River

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I have a hard time seeing how anyone could believe that being at an indoor facility, without masks, with that many people is within the protocol. It hasn't been secret at all. I don't want to call him or anyone a liar unless I'm 100%... but I find it extremely unlikely. Let's leave it at that.

DVauthrin likes this.
  13. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I believe him based on his stupid Instagram post. His post made it pretty clear he was trying to defend himself, I think he really is just that stupid. He wouldn’t go on Instagram and make that post if he thought he was admitting to breaking the protocol, what would be the point?

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  14. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

This is as close as James will come to that spanking.

J.R. likes this.
  15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think it is reasonable to think James will at least try to be a little more conscientious over the next few weeks. He has made his displeasure abundantly clear, but at the same time, there is this feeling, and maybe I'm overthinking it, that teams have really forgotten how good he is as a player. If given the chance to hit the court a few times and drop 30+ in wins (which he will do, given his skillset), teams that are creating a fuss now and apprehensive about this are going to get desparate quickly.

Just from the early games alone, we saw a very poor showing out of Portland, Golden State, the Heat underwhelmed against Orlando, the Raptors, and Grizzlies. The Sixers won but it was a very tight game against a Wizards team that will end the season between the sixth and eighth seed, and they didn't look much different from the past two years, plus Danny Green had a horrible opening game and is, at best, a good spot up shooter but not a player who can do much beyond that (liability defensively, not much skills off the dribble, etc.).

Again, it's one game, but if you're the GM of these teams, you have to wonder how long you're willing to wait before you pull the trigger, especially given the concern of someone else getting him before you can make your move. Portland lost by 20 to a slightly above average Utah team (definitely no world beaters), and the problem of having another player outside of Dame who can really take over games when he's not having a night is an ongoing one. CJ is a very good second player, but he's in Khris Middleton territory as far as right-hand men go, and not the type of player who can regularly drop over 30 (often scores under 20 a game and occasionally less than 10). Toronto is not in the same league as Brooklyn and Boston and might not be ready to go into rebuild mode just yet. The Sixers have maybe three solid years left with Embiid, no clue how much longer Morey wants to ride those out with a bad fit Simmons and mediocre Harris sidekick. The Heat overachieved last year and will likely come back to life this season - I see them ending the year in the lower half of the division. Acquiring Harden would change that immediately.

So I think there are reasons to be optimistic about getting a good return for Harden. It's just something we have to be patient about, and getting a little bit of good film out there to start the season will help that process.

16. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Get ready for the double team!

17. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Houston will lose this match especially when Harden goes back to the bench for rest. It needs sign some short contract for few days likes Gerald Green for backup.

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member