1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

This mentality leads to selling low and buying high. What time have we had to show a turn around? Training camp was two weeks ago and it's opening week with only two days of games played so far. None of the teams we've talked to are feeling pressure to make a trade. We cut our losses now for what purpose? To get back trash and avoid drama? That is emotional rather than strategic thinking.

We've been given a break by the league. Harden was fined practically nothing and will likely miss no games. Let him play with the team, put up gaudy stats, and possibly show some chemistry with Wood, Wall, and Cousins. If one of our suitors struggle out of the gate they may be more desperate to acquire Harden to turn their season around. Doing a trade now probably results in us taking the Nets' trash package just to "get things over with" when that's the opposite of what we need to be doing. This trade determines the future of our franchise, we should be patient.

Richie_Rich, DVauthrin, SORF and 7 others like this.
  2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"Let Harden play with the team"? Sure! How about five more season? I'm all up for it. So is TF. Or, you mean just let Harden play OKC last night? (Nvm.)

The problem with "showing a turnaround" is that it's all up to Harden. The Rox already offered him $100 million more. That was an attempted turnaround. Result: Harden made not one but two protocol violations, caused one canceled game. Yes, if Harden did not violate the second time, the OKC game could have been played last night.

So, maybe the Rockets can 1) offer Harden $200 mill more instead, 2) give him a bouquet of flowers, 3) pray.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Includes Celtics and blazers

4. SmallBallDoesntWork

His list will be 3/4 of the NBA by next week

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Only new part of the article is including Celtics and Blazers, everything else is just repetitive crap.

D-rock likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He only violated one protocol, hence he was only fined. And no he did not solely canceled the game, we needed 8 players, a lot more were out then just Harden.

Stop making sht up.

HP3, lnchan and D-rock like this.
  7. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Follow along, this is the second time Harden's had to miss time away from the team. My question to you is who are you going to OnlyFan when Harden is traded away?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

“James Harden expands trade list to 29 other NBA teams. Yes, including you James Dolan, Sacramento, Charlotte, Orlando... Just get me the hell out of Houston.”

Deuce, Amel, majicdonjuan and 2 others like this.
  9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

What do you think this means?

Htown's Finest likes this.
  10. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

With pleasure, and don't let the back door hit you in the ass on the way out.

11. TheSource

TheSource Member

I thought he wanted to win a ring why is Portland on the list ?

BigShasta likes this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Won't he feel like a ho facing all these teams now?
    "Hey, Giannis! I know you dissed me and all, and I wish I could be on your team instead of my own team, but anyways . . . "

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Ya why Portland? Lets say we took McCollum/filler/lots o picks. They wont win **** and him and Lilliard would be odd.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

That's stupid. This is a franchise changing move. Cut your losses by selling low would be a calamity. If anything, I would let Harden stew.

mario_v, HP3 and nacho bidness like this.
  15. vator

vator Contributing Member

He wants to get away from Tilman!! I don’t understand why this is not the obvious answer. Same as how Morey and MDA just suddenly decided it was the right time to leave this organization.

Little Bit, D-rock, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

The rockets only have 14 on their roster. Do the math. 6-7 with harden clearly isn’t enough for the okc game, so he wasn’t the reason

they’ll get more back by Saturday

#896 YOLO, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    DatRocketFan and HP3 like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Also,
    ...he did it again. :D

Blazers don’t have **** to offer.

Yeah, I’m expanding my list! (but not really because they have nothing to offer the Rockets!)

vator likes this.
  18. Big B

Big B Member

Portland doesn’t make sense for the Rockets. They have no young players (besides Nurkic, who they wouldn’t trade) and McCollum is not as good or young as other players you could get from other teams.

Minnesota would be interesting if it ever gets to desperation mode in the Harden camp. He and Townes could take Minny places they haven’t been and they have several interesting young pieces (Edwards and Culver) that they may part with simply because they are desperate to not suck for once. I think the East may be better than the West now too. Yes the Lakers will be tough but much easier path to at least get to the conference finals.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Name names. Feigan tweet is today. Your Ali tweet is yesterday. Rox website lists sixteen players. Maybe you are forgetting the two-ways.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Wow, you dont say.

D-rock likes this.