1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden for J Murray - The only acceptable trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by palmsnbananas, Dec 24, 2020.

1. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

There's only one guy in the NBA that I would trade Harden for and that's J Murray, a budding superstar.

Forget trash @$$ Simons and everyone else that has been named in trade talks. Nobody can replace harden's production and any combination of "good role players" will be quickly forgotten after a few years.

If J Murray is even remotely on the table we need to make whatever moves we can to get him, I could give a rat's @$$ about any role players around the league, I honestly don't want them, I want a star that will attract role players, not role players without a superstar to allow them to play their role.

Jontro, JuNx, banzai and 18 others like this.
  2. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Yeah, Murray was unstoppable last night.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Murray quit and went to Philly. Keep up.

TheSource, Aware, kjayp and 18 others like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Because there aren’t enough threads talking about this. You’re not special

#5 YOLO, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Y2JT, Denovo, topfive and 1 other person like this.
  6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Sure,

Trump also said he won the election by a slide.

airflights92 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Murray is not available.

8. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I feel the same way. How to convince Nuggets to give up on him and get Harden? If MPJ has a few good games then perhaps Nuggets will go for it..

Highlyrated and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i think Harden for Jaylen Brown is also acceptable.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This what we have to push for now. Otherwise it will eventually be Simmons.

Highlyrated and airflights92 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

You guys really dont understand what will happen. No matter what trade we do...it's going to take years worth(at least 2-3) of tanking to get to where you guys want to be. There is no championship first option we are getting when we trade Harden.

12. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

For brown and 3-4 picks at least then that’s an ok deal even then...

Highlyrated and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  13. Milos

Milos Member

How about Jaylon & MPJ for Harden and other pieces in 3way ..?

Highlyrated, topfive and Cstyle42 like this.
  14. Milos

Milos Member

As mentioned, DEN would be dumb to screw up their contender window by breaking up their under 25 star duo to pair Joker with a G on wrong side of 30

There may only be a year or 2 left before Murray surpasses Harden individually
    Murray & Joker should have another 5+ years in their primes together
    The age difference is just too big to justify for DEN

Think back to when we just paired up under 25 Yao & Tracy duo .... How many 30+ superstars in the league would you have traded Tmac for to give up the 5+ year run of contention we all anticipated?
    ( Not knowing both would be hobbled before 30 )

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That would be a really good move imo. Two young players that can hoop now. A real culture change too. I'm ready to be even more excited about this team.

csnerd84 likes this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

This is the big problem that you guys dont understand. Most teams look at harden window, which will probably be 2 year if traded to Denver or where else that he didnt really want, unless they figure out how to get him to buy in.

Even then, his type of play my not work around what denver and alot of these good teams are preaching. Harden is iso player who scores alot because everything is ran around him. Knicks are like the only team i see giving him a chance.

Even if he plays til hes 36 and regresses big time at 35 thats only 3 or 4 good years. Alot teams rather have there building blocks if there not in going into championship mode, like deal with Miami is perfect because they know Butler only has 3-4 more good years left, and add James.

But the truth is you guys are going to be really disappointed on the return for Harden. I see a near allstar coming back(Like Gordon), ok-good player, and picks coming back. Lot of teams value there future young players who could be stars. Why gut there team for harden and not have nothing to add around him???

You can't always get want you want.

Highlyrated and B-Bob like this.
  17. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Bro what are you talking about? You don't seem to understand the fact that Harden is already gone. Last I checked only one team wins the NBA Finals every year. Championship windows don't stay open forever bud. Murray and Wood would solidify Houston's future for at least 5-6 years. We're just going to force Harden to check back in mentally huh? How has that been working out so far for us? Get the best package available for Harden and let's not drag this on any longer than it has to be. Thank God you are not the Rockets GM.

Highlyrated likes this.
  18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

No that was DMo.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Neither is Harden sad to say

20. Nook

Nook Member

Harden is still going to be an elite player in 2-3 years... he will be better than the names being floated for Harden. Harden’s game should age very well...

The Rockets should target Michael Porter Jr as he is going to be a 25 point a game scorer with his size, mobility and shooting ability. His defense needs work but so be it.

CXbby, Milos, Roxfan4lyfe and 5 others like this.