1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Harden eligible to play against Portland with negative test

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 24, 2020.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol. U keep using nba protocol as the guideline, but it seems to b less stringent than the cdc. Do u know for a fact that the barber was masked? Do u know for a fact how many people was at "pseduo barber shop". Sooooo many information missing. Props for them not being dummies and not recording their public life like harden. Hell do u even know if the players were masked?

Just cause they weren't fined doesn't mean that they were acting responsible at that moment.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

For Harden we don't need assumptions. With the other guys we do. The fact they didn't get fined says that they at the very least we're abiding by protocol.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

So Harden just gets off? Must be great to be a star.

4. CertifiedTroll

I am still a huge Harden fan, but he is done with the Rockets. Not sure why we should let him get any playtime, even if it improves our odds of winning. I would rather just see what we got without him.

5. Milos

Milos Member

I cannot wait to see a Rockets team led by 2way players again
    Seems the entire Harden era has been shuffling 1-dimensional costars and role players with very few well-rounded guys that contribute on both sides

CP3 is the only one I can think of that played both ends well above average

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL ... More like Harden as Santa with a stripper on his lap.

clos4life, TMac'n, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I am about sick of WOJ he is so into other peoples affairs. He comes off as the Living embodiment of the national inquirer of the NBA.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Anyone heard from the "friend" who just had to post pictures on social media to show off his Christmas gift?

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Ok thanks. I dont know where I read it but it said he would be isolating tomorrow as well when the team travels. I would have been concerned if they just expected James to make his own way to Portland and get there in time for the game LOL

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The day of the dinner party/event was the 21st of December. That date is not in dispute afaik. It's published on Instagram and in promotional posts.

7 consecutive days of negatives would clearly set the return date for Harden on the 28th or 29th.

Rocket play the blazers on the 26th.

heypartner likes this.
  12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I hope we get this done soon. This whole sitting on the fence thing is worse than just sucking. I can’t even root for the damn team with this fraud. He’ll never be a champion. His play-style, 6th-man mindset, and overall victim attitude will be the death of his career. At least when Clint Capela was here, he was a two-man team. I’d rather root for Wall/Wood/Boogie/+ 1 more star

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It isn't a technicality that he broke. He literally broke two of the clauses of the protocol. Not only that it isn't his first time doing so.
    - not be in a social event with more than 15 ppl.
    - not be in a lounge or bar.

Harden not missing a game is also coincidence. Lucky for him the other rockets were exposed to a player positive for covid, thereby forcing the postponement of last night's game.

Otherwise Harden would've lost out on 500k game check along with the 50k fine.

The question of how the league views his act is unclear. Perhaps they are letting him off easy... They fine him yet will allow him to return in 4 days.

As for the point of whether he was in a restricted area, stayed for 30 minutes etc all are suflouus. He's already in violation once he decided to set foot in the premises. Whatever excuses made after the fact isn't really important. He's not a child trying to not get grounded... Or maybe he is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#133 blahblehblah, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yeah, he hasn’t. He won’t. He played in a system that needed him to score that many points. He got really good at it. He gonna have to change his play style and lifestyle. Basically created a Harden-bubble. It’s about to burst when he gets exposed.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Funny he tells James to bear down, being as he went to ASU.

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Reminds me of the days when D’Antoni was coach.....sodas were 75 cents. Awww good days back then.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thanks for summarizing this.

I knew something was going on because NBA TV was avoiding talking about it.

Like you I jumped to conclusion and thought he really was trying to burn it all down, also interesting tof ind out there is an approved list of public places.

clos4life likes this.
  19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He’s got no hands or feet!

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why does it bother you so much that he brought clarity to the issue?

He did not say Harden was blameless in this but since he did not come down with the wrath of god you feel some kind of way.

You want to tell us again how you are not a Harden hater?

lionaire, YOLO and BigM like this.