1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hartenstein to Nuggets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by VoR, Nov 25, 2020.

1. txn

txn Member

History likes repeating itself, Cut Roco kept Francisco García back in the day, sounds familiar? :)

lionaire likes this.
  2. DJ

DJ Member

Not quite the same thing. Francisco Garcia had played well for us in the playoffs against OKC when he guarded KD. At the time, Covington didn't get much playing time and did not show as much promise. I was not too upset when Covington was cut. Hartenstein, on the other hand, got some playing time and played well. He was cut for some unknown reason. I was baffled by this.

txn likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Cant wait for the Rox to waive Wood next season and sign our once great white hope back for a max contract.

roslolian likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They've been apt at developing talents and drafting depth.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol thought it was 11# Monte Morris.

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

I felt the same way...

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Hart is going to be a good player. Morey screwed the franchise by cutting him, presumably because they went a direction of going allin on small ball. But then he quit on the Rockets and we ended up going back to me traditional ball anyways.

GotGame15 likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Aka Dumbtoni doesnt play rookies.

11. dmoneybangbang

You actually think Morey drafts players or acquires player to not give them chances? Our owners keep going for more traditional coaches instead of doing something outside of the box..... I lament us losing Nick Nurse to the Raptors program. So we end up losing players because the coaches want veterans.

roslolian likes this.
  12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I thought Hartenstein's upside was Mason Plumlee so I think it's pretty fitting that he ended up in Denver.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Hartenstein wouldn't get any playing time on this year's roster either. We're pretty talented at the 5 right now.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

wdym he currently has 4 more points than the entire Rockets team tonight. :D

roslolian likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

You need 3 guys at every position, esp in our case since Cousins is injury prone.

Hartenstein is making all of 1.6M this year we should have resigned him over some of the useless trash on the roster.

GotGame15 likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, they have Wood, Cousins, and Caboclo for the 5.

Deckard likes this.
  17. omgTHEpotential

Gimme Hartenstein over Cousins any day. (no, I'm not joking)

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Caboclo isnt a good 5 as he has little to no big man bball iq and shies away from contact (little rebs, minimal fts). He is best used as a Bolbol/GG clone IMO, play the SF role and bomb from 3 or pnr to the basket. If he give you the occassional monster dunk or crazy block then thats a bonus.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I agree, but then I don't think Hartenstein is all that, either. He may be better, though. I think Caboclo is better in a smaller lineup. And he has shown crazy-good 3 point shooting in the G-League which can fit with this team in opening up the lane and seems to fit Silas' 5-out style more. They both look lost or confused and spinning in circles on defense at times, but I think Caboclo can be used across the front line more. Beyond that, when you're down to arguing about 3rd stringers, meh, they should be easily replaceable. They both have potential, but we've been waiting for it for like 3+ years. It seems like every year people were cussing Morey/the Rockets out for "letting go of another stud too soon" based upon their G-League play or after 1 or 2 good games on another team. But then they regress back to suckitude for whatever reason.

20. Nook

Nook Member

There is a place in the NBA for Hartenstein, he works very hard and everyone that has coached or been around him speak very highly of him as a person.

What was hard with having him on the team is that while he is an active player, good rebounder and can score on effort... he just isn’t a very good defensive player.