1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MacMahon] Harden could be suspended for violating Covid protocols

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 23, 2020.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Dream on. This isn't football where people will pay to watch scabs play. There aren't any 12k person basketball stadiums for high school kids.

Basketball is like boxing and the UFC. People come to see the stars, which is why we are so butt hurt that harden doesn't want to be in Houston anymore. We know deep down inside that we won't get anyone close to Hardens ability without sucking for a long time because no big time free agent will want to play for Tilman.

A situation like how we got Harden in the first place was a unicorn and will never happen again.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

They should do the same in baseball & hockey too.

DVauthrin and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. omgTHEpotential

Honestly Morey should get a statue for how he acquired Harden out of thin air. There are multiple teams that have been tanking for decades and didn't get a single player that's even close to Harden's caliber.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. DaneB

DaneB Member

Interesting points but at some point I think a player has look within themselves and realize that they are damaging themselves and their legacy. Since Harden is clearly wanting to leave and get a championship, he cares about legacy. By playing like he doesn’t give a ****, that’s self destructive and career suicide. If it’s true that they may never find another superstar like Harden and they have a legally enforceable contract, why not see how far you can go to win this game of chicken?! Be the organization that shows you aren’t going to just going to take it! Be an example for other organizations that you don’t have to cater to this utter bullshit.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

A situation where a GM is smart/lucky enough to pick 3 future MVPs in successive drafts and choosing to trade the wrong one away to keep perkins will never happen again.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

but as i said to someone else, what would that do? harden literally wants out of his contract to sign somewhere else. he would have welcomed it. i don't know how the nfl works, but i assume you can't cut someone right before the season after everyone has used their free agency money and the person can't sign anywhere else (or at least the players wouldn't allow that in a new CBA).

based on some article i read, that actually IS the rule right now. if harden sat out all year, he would still have 2 years left on his contract, just like now. it's just that teams don't like to enforce it and look player unfriendly.

7. tmacman

tmacman Member

To keep *Ibaka.

8. Milos

Milos Member

Cannot wait until the trickle down economic recession finally reaches all the top sports stars level

NBA in particular has been headed for an NHL post-strike reality check where the entire economic scale for the industry has a dramatic correction

Revenue % of the pie is irrelevant when real world reveals how superfluous and unremarkable our sports 'heroes' truly are

I am now truly rooting for Harden to become the next Antoine or Iverson
    Maybe his narcissistic ass will finally see himself for what he is ... Trivial statistical anomoly masquerading as a man and a leader

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it will happen again with 2-3 Allstars.

Not in succesive drafts though.

Small markets can't keep them.

MVP votings are hard to come by.

#209 daywalker02, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  10. csc177

csc177 Member

There was no guarantee harden was going to be a superstar while on his own - he swung for the fences and landed.
    That trade made his career, there won’t be another one like it though for Morey. Correctly guessing a 6th man who just recently choked in the finals was going to be a future mvp and 3x scoring champ was a calculated risk with some real good fortune.

you get a statue when you win a championship though.....

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

It's really unprecedented. People don't realize what a value add that was. Pretty much every mvp is acquired through the draft (or draft day trade), free agency or disgruntled star trade. A player whose team has evaluated him for 3 years, who the whole league can bid on, who people are barely sure will be a starter? And you outguess everyone on his potential and outbid in a trade? Unprecedented. Nash to Phoenix is the only close situation and its hard to think he's ever an mvp caliber player without dantoni (harden was before MDA).

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The most common way to get a potential star on a rookie deal is through the draft.

No sane guy would trade one on a rookie deal, well, some are not sane.

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Cool.

28 other teams were not able to capitalise and it was Morey who did it.

There is confirmation that other GMs refused to trade for Harden.

You know who didn't refuse to make a trade because he had some major cojones?

Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, 22 other teams do not have the resources to put together a team to win it all around Harden.

We know now that it takes a lot more than just one Allstar to win it all with this guy.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Ok?

I'm genuinely confused what your rebuttal to my post even relates to in the conversation you've quoted.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not everything is a rebuttal.

I reckon that Morey was the boldest GM once.

It doesn't really matter because Harden and Morey created a culture for players that was disastrous and Harden's personality took a dive in retrospect.

My point is most of teams won't even be 'real' contenders, what does it matter if they make the Harden trade or not.

Happy holidays.

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

His IG „statement” is a joke. He cant even admit he was wrong while obviously breaking rules(which everyone else has to follow but welp he thinks nobody cant tell him what to do even when they made him millionaire from shooting ball into the rim). Dude is older than me but acts like spoiled 15yo. Nobody is winning **** with him as a leader he will find excuses everywhere but himself

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. Milos

Milos Member

I'm just done for good with him
    That his favorite environment seems to be a Strip Club should've been a dead give away from day one
    Most comfortable just blending in as yet another soulless, dead-eyed, empty husk of a person
    Get the FACK out of our city, state and jersey you ungrateful choker
    Use some of that cash to buy a set of balls at your next stop so maybe you won't shrink up inside yourself for your next elimination game

bmelo and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

This vulture McMahon is perched on his branch waiting for harden to do anything so he can tweet about it and pretend to be an NBA lawyer. It’s reminds me of his loser colleague Windhorst who does the same thing with lebron

Nook and Invisible Fan like this.
  20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

To be clear, harden is being an ******* and I can’t believe he’s acting like this. I always thought of him as professional, but he’s not showing it.

McMahon’s opportunistic tweets and armchair lawyering are pathetic tho. Get off his dick Tim