1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MacMahon] Harden could be suspended for violating Covid protocols

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 23, 2020.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Can't believe people here are STILL defending this prick.

He doesn't give a **** about other ppl and is only a selfish *******, proved by his own actions.

He purposely tanked his value by going clubbing and then after that didn't work, now he's jeopardizing our season by breaking protocols so he doesn't have to show up to work and also making sure we can't even field a proper team on the court.

He needs to be suspended without pay immediately. The front office needs to stop babying him and pretending like we can make amends, this dude wants out just ****ing trade him already for the best offer on the table.

bmelo, PhilCollins, RKREBORN and 2 others like this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

He partied with rappers, handed out 100k in cash, and made it rain in strip clubs while his teammates and new coach were in training camp preparing for the season. U want proof? Well he posted ALL of it on HIS social media, including not social distancing or wearing a mask. This is 100% on the guy demanding a trade with 2yrs left on his contract

bmelo and bballjunkie like this.
  3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

They are already blaming Fertitta so what else is new? Harden knew exactly what he was doing when he lit the fuse on this bomb. By now, it should be plainly obvious that he doesn't give one damn about this organization and the fans.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Right. There's a little item known as the "Collective Bargaining Agreement" or CBA.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Like I said, he missed two practices. But he has come back and has been engaged in practice since.

James is all about that party life, it's him. I'm not defending it but this is who James is and has been for a long time now. It's his money and his time, whatever.

The not masking thing is super-annoying as well. But it is a problem we have in this country. Events like that are going on around the country and a lot of Americans are in attendance. Not surprising that some of them are professional basketball players.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Do you have that same energy for the barbershop trio?

7. hakeemthagreat

I remember when I mentioned trading Harden after the last time he QUIT on the team in the postseason. Ppl said I was a "Harden hater" and the idea was obserd

Another point for me

bmelo and Purvis2Short like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

jiggyfly and clos4life like this.
  9. hakeemthagreat

Engaged in what exactly? Throwing the ball at his teammates heads???

10. hakeemthagreat

Nope. Just a apology

11. HROZ

HROZ Member

Really the cp3 injury has ruined Harden's legacy.

He could win a Finals MVP that year. Despite the fact cp3 was the best player on the rockets for the conference finals. (though nothing is certain)

CP3 comes back next year injured. And then we do the trade for Russell. And now we have a bloated contract and few draft picks.

The Wall trade just made the issue worse imo.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I assume his contract has a conduct unbecoming clause, anybody know? Is that standard in the NBA like football?

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

clos4life and dragonwill like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOLLLLLL

its the simple things in life that matter right? SMH.

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I agree with you that the player empowerment issue the NBA is currently facing falls mostly at the feet of the owners, but let’s not act like Adam Silver has no power to change the situation. As commissioner, if Silver wanted it changed, he has the authority to schedule an emergency meeting with all 30 owners, and after an agreement is reached, bring that proposal to the NBPA for an immediate vote.

Like you said, the next CBA negotiations are going to have to address this issue. The owners and Silver didn’t foresee elite players (Leonard, Davis, George and now Harden) going to the lengths they have in recent years to void existing contracts. I don’t know what the specific solution is, but something has to be done to stop this trend.

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lol @Nook sounding like Harden's PR team recently.

Look man I know you think Rockets will have to settle for less but they don't have to do **** what Harden wants lol

17. mightybosstone

My Harden fandom is hanging by a thread at this point. I'm still clinging to the hope that he'll suit up and play for the Rockets, but I'm getting to the point where I'm not sure I want him to.

He had a right to be pissed at Tilman and want out. But the way he's acted the last month is immature, at best, and he's doing everything he possibly can to alienate himself from his teammates and fanbase.

DVauthrin likes this.
  18. HardenVolumeOne

harden even before this, has long been the most hated player in the league. A few more haters wont hurt or help him in any way, he is still rich and the most accomplished scoring guard since jordan/west

the leftist meda tried tarnishing his legacy by naming him shaqtin mvp, and the very next seaosn he finishes runner up in mvp. The media mad that they have never been able to get in hardens head like they could with players such as dwight, durant and kyrie. Harden marches to the beat of his own drum and for that i salute him

19. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden needs to grow the **** up.

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Harden can seriously **** off.