1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone a sneakerhead here?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FlyerFanatic, Dec 23, 2020.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I'm not a sneakerhead myself, but was interested in grabbing a pair of the air jordans that seem to be all sorts of color combos and get released from time to time. how are people landing these? seems they sell out quickly, is this like the xbox/ps5 deal? gotta hope and pray you're around to snag a pair?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You're talking about the 1's. Some are more rare than others. SNKRS app is often the go-to for some of the more rare pairs, BUT, there are usually dozens of websites where you can land a pair at retail. I haven't had a lot of trouble landing 1's online to be honest, you just have to be prepared on launch day. eBay has discounts from time to time also, not a terrible place to pickup a release you might have missed.

Do you have your eye on a specific upcoming pair?

3. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

nah like i said, not a sneakerhead just looking to snag 1 pair, i don't follow along too closely? is there a twitter account or somewhere i can follow to see launch days for pairs?

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

https://sneakerbardetroit.com/ usually scoops new pairs with launch info, but there are also release calendars out there. Someone more in the game can probably post that. I'm more in the middle of Sneakerhead-dom.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I usually just follow PJ Tucker, but right now, hes just into posting cryptic stuff.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Asian Sensation

IBTL likes this.
  7. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

The Nike SNKR app is the best way if you’re just looking for a pair or two. They’ve made it the most “fair” way to get a decent show at retail other than standing in line for hours. They post all the upcoming shoes, you can set it to notify you, and then login when it drops and reserve or buy a pair. In most cases you can score one if you are logged in when they drop. Sometimes they have decent colorways just in Nike.com or at a regular retail store. If they aren’t exclusives, you can often just buy them like normal.

8. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

perfect got the app and all signed up. thanks!

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Mids for jordan 1s are pretty reasonable and more available. Some people hate on them but they look cool. I have plenty of Js but digging dunks lately. Not a collector per se, like to wear mine. Ebay has launched a new authenticification site like stockx, goat.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz, don't get too excited. SNKRS is notorious for handing eager sneakerheads a fat "L". Good luck though.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

@pjtucker

12. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

where would you suggest i look then? just bring up the standard sneaker sites? eastbay, footlocker, finish line etc?

13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I've had good luck with it lately.

Ziggy likes this.
  14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I’m a bit of a sneaker head. Contrary to popular belief I don’t own a bot so I always have to pay resell for the limited releases. There’s guys out there buying hundreds of pairs of Jordan’s with there bots to sell on stockx. I don’t really have a problem with it, If I feel like treating myself and I really want a pair

15. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Yea SNKRS is the only thing that completely filters out all bots, but even than you have to have crazy luck. I must have tried for every limited release this year and zero hits

16. AWIN

AWIN Member

Interesting to see some some of you stock guys are also into kicks. I proposed to my girl back in the day in the black/cement Supreme Dunks. She walked into the bathroom and I got on my knee, I thought she was just washing up as we just got to the hotel...but she went in there to drop a deuce lol. The whole time she was in there I kept thinking about the creasing in the toe box.

We split up two years later, should’ve never creased them toes!

Like most have suggested the SNKRS app is the way to go, I used to hit all the time but recently nothing but Ls on the last few releases, and these were all fairly common shoes.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz, taking L's in multiple facets of lie.

AWIN likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wow, not even the MIGHTY bot-man himself could get any Kobe's.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Assuming it's a limited release, have all of those open and ready to fire on launch day along with SNKRS. Also, any other websites you can find:

https://www.endclothing.com/us
    https://www.dtlr.com/
    https://www.thesolestory.com/se

And about a dozen others.

When you see a pair you like about to release, post it and someone here will probably get a gameplan over to you.

FlyerFanatic likes this.