1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Several Rockets to miss tonight’s game due to contact tracing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 23, 2020.

1. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

It is selfishness, yes. But the selfishness is also a reflection of many, many fellow Texans and Americans that desire personal, instant gratification over what's best for society. Worse is the mindset of thinking they know what's best and choosing to blatantly disregard guidelines.

Yes businesses are hurting, but that's happening in large part because the federal government failed to protect its citizens and continually fails to provide financial relief to affected people and businesses so that people can stay at home long enough to get this under some sort of control.

The sooner this gets under control, the sooner we can all go back to slipping singles into g-strings. It's not hard, but unfortunately people's selfishness, arrogance, and lack of gratitude is why we're collectively failing.

James Harden doesn't have much to be concerned about (at least right now; if he chooses to act recklessly and fail to take responsibility then at some point he will face serious consequences. Who knows, maybe Adidas will drop him).

If he was so concerned about supporting a friend's business he could have just as easily sent in a check, probably for less than what he will be fined from the NBA.

Speaking of the NBA, it's just disrespectful to Silver and the League overall considering they spent something like ~$150 million on the bubble and had zero cases. Before that they shut down the season due to larger concerns.

Today we have 200,000 new cases per day in the country and so many of us, including Harden, just want to pretend it's no big deal. Yes it's different than a few months ago, and yes we have a vaccine (which won't be given to players or the general public for weeks at the earliest), but what a slap in the face to the League to have cases pop up due to entitlement after the previous efforts that went into ensuring player safety and getting them PAID.

Now whether the league should be playing right now without a bubble is another question. Proceeding with the season in this manner with more cases than ever sort of makes the bubble look like nothing more than theater in retrospect.

joshuaao and HP3 like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Testing positive is not the problem. It's acting irresponsibly and flagrantly violating COVID protocols. If that's what Ben did, then yeah he should be held accountable for that.

blahblehblah likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

they got haircuts together. Where's the outrage and accountability at. I see none

vator likes this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Haircutgate is real, y'all!

everyday eddie and vator like this.
  5. vator

vator Contributing Member

F@ck haircuts!!! I’m done with this team. We should all not get haircuts in protest. 2020 you inglorious b*stard you.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

draft picks should be taken. just inexcusable behavior

topfive likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My wife cuts my hair so I'm ready to suit up tonight if needed. Actually got some shots up this morning too so I'm loose.

xiki likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Danuel House right now is saying a little prayer of thanks that this haircut excursion wasn't his idea.

the11mingdynasty and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I haven't gotten a haircut in 10 months. My mane is flowing and my lungs are glowing.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed. I doubt Harden will receive much more than a couple games suspension, if that. IMO the rockets/nba should crack down on players seeking to "indirectly" break their contract. Teams have the tools, suspensions, fines and punishment for conduct detrimental to the team... they just aren't utilizing it in this case.

Harden wants to be traded, the rockets should seek one they find acceptable and until they do, Harden should follow all teams and league rules. If he doesn't, simply fine and suspend him. Having control over what might be the last two years of his prime is more than enough leverage to accomplish the task IMO. Harden would not like to waste these finite two years not being paid and not playing.

Also I meant the earlier reply to encompass an earlier post of yours as well. Though the point may be moot as I saw a later post of yours saying - "anger at Harden is justified"

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So players confirmed out tonight:
    • John Wall
    • Demarcus Cousins
    • KJ Martin
    • Jae Sean Tate
    • Ben McLemore
    • Chris Clemons
    Players that are not confirmed, but probably out:
    • James Harden
    Players still available
    • Christian Wood
    • PJ Tucker
    • Eric Gordon
    • Danuel House
    • Bruno Caboclo
    • Sterling Brown
    • Brodric Thomas
    • David Nwaba
    • Mason Jones
    Seems like we can still field a team out there.

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Why only some players though? If the source is Harden, shouldn’t the entire team be traced since they had several team practice and scrimmages?

14. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

the source isn't harden. catch up on the news

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

THIS X 1000%

You don't get agry at the grandmother or nurse or some random person who gets infected. You should be angry at the people throwing/attending huge indoor events, at people (like the recent case) who escape quarantine rule when visiting other country/state etc

The fact that this even needs to be stated is mind boggling.

17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah I didn’t follow the entire thread. So who’s the source?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

amick. woj. take your pick

bmac and kmart are confirmed positive and isolating. wall cousins kmart went to get haircuts together

19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

My goodness your post represents extremely flawed thinking. Very unimpressive intellectually.
    1. It is not government's role to protect us from viruses. It's our own responsibility.
    2. There is no evidence at all that young, healthy people avoiding participation in society reduces spread.
    3. Asymptomatic people rarely transmit
    4. Staying home is WORSE because the home is the #1 place where the virus transmits. Actual data
    5. Lockdown is WORSE for society because of missed diagnostic care, missed vaccinations, mental health problems, financial problem... all of these things lead to excess mortality.
    6. This is a disease of the elderly and infirm. Look at the data. James Harden is neither of these things.
    Read every word of the following website:
    https://gbdeclaration.org/

20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Aren't Barbershops open in Houston now?

Did they violate any rules by getting haircuts together?

bballjunkie likes this.