1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MacMahon] Harden could be suspended for violating Covid protocols

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

At this point I think Harden is alienating himself. I disagree that teams won't consider these antics. This isn't a guy on the last year of his contract suffering through a possible injury like Kawhi. This is a guy with multiple contract years going out during a pandemic and not giving a ****, possibly causing us to lose our entire starting lineup. I have a hard time believing players on other teams are cool with that, even if it isn't their team. A guy who doesn't respect his teammates on ANY team is not a guy I would want coming to my team -- regardless of his talent.

I'm watching Friday Night Lights for the first time (lol, I know), and he's reminding me of Voodoo right now.

bmelo likes this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Kawhi faked the injury dude. Cmon.

DaDakota and DVauthrin like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Kawhi faked an injury and pouted. He didn't even bother to suit up and play it out. What he did was a joke and of course when people use the Pop/Spurs angle as if they would never allow it. They did

snowconeman22 and DVauthrin like this.
  4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

That simply isn’t going to happen because Elton Brand gave Tobias Harris one of the five worst contracts in the entire NBA.

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I mean I personally think he did (fake it or exaggerate it). But I don't think I can say that for certain. Regardless, wasn't he on the last year of his contract?

6. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

3 straight seasons of starting 0-1. Thanks, James.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Why didn't anybody else win in West beat the Warriors in 5 years?

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Still was the last year of a contract, which makes a huge difference. Spurs were gonna obviously lose him and needed to trade him for something before it was too late. We have much more time to get a better package.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

no it doesn't. He's still under contract. Doesn't matter if it's the last year or you have more remaining. the same point remains. You're under contract. don't spin it to fit what you want to hear. doesn't work like that

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Love your post, but IMO Jaylen has a solid contract at the moment, and will eventually be a steal at that price. He's balling out...with upside. JB will be a perennial All Star from here on in. Him plus other assets is our safest path, but I still want Ben.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who ****ING cares, we didn't beat them either - the guy is clearly proving to be so selfish that he is putting his wants and desires over the team.

That is not someone to build around - sorry. I know some people will take a while to extract the Harden is a Superstar from their mindset - not me, this has been building for years.

He is just too flawed - won't grow up, and doesn't care about anything but himself......time to move on.....and yes....the Rockets created this monster - they deserve what they are getting.

At some point though, you have to treat petulant children like kids.....

DD

LosPollosHermanos and ipaman like this.
  12. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

#Uncomfortable

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Except that it does. We're just gonna have to disagree on that point. Spurs had months till they were gonna lose Kawhi w zero compensation. Rockets have two years. Not sure how you don't see a huge difference in how this plays out for the team.

Is it still morally wrong to not fulfill your contractual obligations whether it is one year or 4 years left? Absolutely. But in terms of how the situation will play out and what position the team is in, I think it makes a HUGE difference.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, but that's the owners fault and credit to the NBPA for negotiating player empowerment through the years. I know a lot of NFL players awlays loo at the NBA and go "Man, I wish we had that..." but the NFLPA constantly loses in its negotiations and teh NBPA doesn't.

Probably due to Basketball being so top heavy and the NFL being the complete opposite, the NFLPA has to represent the player that got called up from the practice squad playing on special teams trying to stay on the team. This player might not care about the top rated DE trying to get off a team.

I agree the players have too much power since they can void contracts basically (and the NFL has too much power because they can do the same to the players) but I wouldn't blame Silver for that. The Owners agreed the truth is they kind of have to. The players are marketed harder than the teams are in the NBA.

The next negotiating period could be interesting. Maybe there could be some kind of draft compensation for trading a player, I bet the NBPA wouldn't care about that but I don't know what else they could do to put that genie back in the box.

DVauthrin likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah it doesn't. so he can pout and fake an injury and not play at all because he's in the last year of his deal. But still completely under contract. that gives him all the right to be a complete unprofessional. gtfoh with that and giving him the excuse for 0 backlash. It's a damn shame

16. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Unfortunately that is correct.

Chasing_Chase likes this.
  17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Pop's reputation walked out the door when Tim Duncan did.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yep. But It's par for the course for Kawhi. No one criticizes Kawhi. EVER. It's always someone else's fault.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

bingo. Kawhi got a pass throughout all that and even now you see people trying to make excuses for it. smh

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It's the modern NBA dude. C'mon this guy isn't the first one to ask for a trade. As far as building around him, they had 8 years and couldn't get it done. The got close in 2018 and CP3 grabbed his hamstring and walked off the court. Then it became about saving Tilman's money every year. They were letting pieces walk to save money. Which is why Morey isn't here anymore. D'Antoni wanted money and Tilman wouldn't pay him so he quit on the plane. Now Harden wants out. Accommodate him and move on. Does that solve the issue? Do you actually think penny pinching Tilman is actually going to build a champion?