1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Behind Enemy Lines] What Philly fans are saying

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol who cares?

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

watching how good the Nets look has Philly fans shook...here’s some of what they’re saying now

“Look at the clippers and the Nets, with Simmons as you’re best perimeter player you got no shot against them.”

“If you dont trade for harden, you worry about the duo of Kyrie/KD and the role players. If you trade for harden, you only worry about the role players. And most importantly, you won’t have a chance to beat with this squad in a 7 game series against the Nets if you dont make a trade for Harden.”

“Just my opinion, but I'd much rather be on a 2 year real window with Harden than this 6-10 year fantasy window with Simmons.”

“If you dont have the offensive fire power to go with the Nets you are screwed. Why you need a a walking 35-8-8”

“Ben Simmons being your second best player averaging 15-16 PPG against this Nets team is a sweep, maybe 5 games if they feel generous and we get extremely lucky.”

“We aren't going anywhere with this roster. The top of the East is stacked.”

“Nets are unstoppable offensively. It's like the Chiefs. You need to outgun them because you're not going to be able to stop them.”

“Embiid with Harden will have far more room to operate and space to operate in the paint. Once you have an all time great perimeter scorer you’re floor spacing improves infinitely.”

“I expect Embiid to become much more efficient simply by having 2-4 dump offs by Harden right at the rim for easy layups. Something I just don't remember seeing Ben do all that much outside of his initial summer league play with Nerlens and Richaun.”

“Embiid with Harden would have more efficency on offense and more energy to play defense, wich is something we really need.”

Bo6, GotGame15, Cdub37 and 6 others like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Fan reactions after ONE game is like opening early Christmas gifts! LOLLLL good stuff.

Cdub37 and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao, one game and the narrative changes?

Bo6 and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

In reality though, if Philly gets Harden, they vault to the top of contenders. They could easily take on the Bucks/Nets/Heat/Celtics. Right now, I don't think they are good enough to defeat any of those teams just because of the Ben Simmons crutch. They'll definitely be a 5-6 seed, but don't see potential for greater than that, assuming all the teams stay healthy.

mikol13 and Verbal Christ like this.
  6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Interesting. These fans just outlined all the reasons I DON’T want to trade Harden for Simmons.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I dont know? Maybe. Everyone thought Harden on the Nets would be phenomenal to their chances and look how good they look SANS James Harden. If I was Stone I'd let Philly now beg, grovel and plead. Let them eat sht until the trade deadline and then bust their ass for everything and the kitchen sink for playing "Morey" games - IF we even decide to deal with them which I think may be more on Fertittas stubbornness than Morey.

Fans and teams freaking out this early is still always a treat. Im down with the Rockets when they said they were "willing to get uncomfortable" so lets do it. There is no rush. Im thinking the team is good enough to win some games and allow James to build up his rep and brand again and strike at the trade deadline. Its a win/win for everyone.

BHannes2BHonest, ElPigto and oloboloz like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've never seen ANYTHING like it. I'm serious. :cool:

Verbal Christ likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm definitely in no rush to deal Harden. I don't even want to deal him, but that's beside the point.

I agree, it's always funny watching fans and their first game reactions. I rather get a sample size of 20 games before I lose my **** lol.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Have you never been on twitter before? Narrative can change between halves of quarters.

cmoak1982 and Patience like this.
  11. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Ok, their fans have convinced me--we should keep Harden.

J/k... I have never wanted to actually trade him, even through the drama.

bballjunkie and Patience like this.
  12. csc177

csc177 Member

Thankfully Stone is taking his time, the right package will show its face soon enough

xiki likes this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Exactly. If I’m Tilman and Stone I’m doing all I can to have makeup sex with James. Wait...what?

I’m scouring the league for a way to upgrade this team.

I really don’t want to trade James.

bballjunkie and Patience like this.
  14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Simmons game has not progressed AT ALL since his rookie of the year campaign.

not shooting was cute as a rookie, but he’s now entering his 4th year playing and still doesn’t have a jumper. He even had an entire year of not playing to work on his J and still nothing.

non-shooting ball handlers don’t work in the playoffs. It took 3 of the best shooters of all time around Draymond for him to work. Giannis has Middleton...hasn’t been enough.

Simply removing Embiids post game from the equation won’t fix Simmons. Honestly, I almost prefer a young unproven finisher in MPJ to Simmons...at least there is hope MPJ’s playmaking and defense can improve.

bballjunkie likes this.
  15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I never understood wanting Simmons other than to be your third best player. Players that can't shoot can't be one of your best players unless they are Shaq. Even Tim Duncan could shoot.

bballjunkie and apollo33 like this.
  16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

ok, fine. But since JEHj is going to be traded, what is your poison?

17. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Yo @Reeko ... I know u have a voice of reason but dam.. the investigative skills lately have been legit... favorite quote

“Just my opinion, but I'd much rather be on a 2 year real window with Harden than this 6-10 year fantasy window with Simmons”

there are actually intelligent fans in Philly...? hmm ... As far as the “intelligent” fans in Houston that want to get rid of Harden for a bag of peanuts, they would probably love an 8-10 year fantasy window where we struggle to get into the playoffs. Smh

Reeko and bballjunkie like this.
  18. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Talking strictly about the basketball player, I do not understand why people (media pundits) devalue Harden compared to the past 3 or 4 star trades made.

Just two examples both OKC.

• July 10, 2019: Traded Paul George to the Los Angeles Clippers for Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, a 2021 1st round draft pick, a 2022 1st round draft pick, a 2023 1st round draft pick, a 2023 1st round draft pick, a 2024 1st round draft pick, a 2025 1st round draft pick and a 2026 1st round draft pick. (2021 first-round pick is MIA's unprotected pick.) (2023 first-round pick is MIA's pick, top-14 protected.) (Right to swap with LAC.) (Right to swap with LAC.)

July 16, 2019: Traded Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, a 2021 1st round draft pick, a 2024 1st round draft pick, a 2025 1st round draft pick and a 2026 1st round draft pick. (top-4 protected) (top-4 protected; if 2026 first-round pick is protected, it becomes $1MM and 2026 second-round pick) (2021 first-round pick is right to swap with HOU, top-4 protected.) (2025 first-round pick is right to swap with HOU, top-20 protected.)
    Man, when you look at these and then we dumped Westbrook for less!

Stone 100% should hold out until teams get serious. Harden > George and CP3.

Thoughts?

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  19. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I agree but these people will talk about age and that Harden is a distraction who doesn’t play D and disappears in the playoffs blah blah blah... insert any BS narrative here for those that don’t appreciate Hardens greatness

hell some people here still want Lin as our star lmao... meanwhile Harden is a walking 35, 7, 7 who has carried scrubs to the playoffs... but he doesn’t play the “right” way? Winning basketball is the right way to play... should have a ring but CP3

Also, Tilman has been the reason for all of this underlying strife and abandon ship movement

jdiggidy likes this.
  20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Wait til Harden is traded to Philly and he disappears in playoffs...then post the comments here