1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ridley Scott's Alien TV Series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ridley Scott In Advanced Talks To Produce Alien TV Series With Fargo Creator

Disney got their hands on a whole bunch of valuable properties once they swallowed up Fox earlier this year, but many of them are staunchly R-rated and don’t really fit the studio’s family-friendly remit. However, as 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg’s Predator reboot showed us, the Mouse House certainly isn’t against resurrecting some of these newly acquired brands via the 20th Century Studios banner.

Of course, wherever the Predator goes, the Xenomorphs usually follow closely behind and while Ridley Scott has already revealed that he’s in the early stages of putting together a new Alien movie, we also know that another avenue that was being explored was a potential TV series, with Noah Hawley among the many names attached to the project. And though that particular iteration of the franchise seemingly stalled a while back, Deadline reports tonight that it’s now on the table again.

[​IMG]

According to the outlet, FX will house the show, which has Hawley on board as creator and Ridley Scott in advanced talks to executive produce. Not much is known as far as the plot goes, but it’ll apparently “blend the timeless horror of the original 1979 movie and the non-stop action of the 1986 James Cameron-directed second.” And that certainly sounds like a recipe for success to us.

Speaking about the project earlier today, the network’s John Landgraf did his part to hype it up, saying that the show is going “to be a scary thrill ride that will blow people back in their seats.” Again, that’s definitely promising. But after the last few Alien films underwhelmed, can the property get back on solid ground with this new television series? Time will ultimately tell, but let us know what you make of the news in the comments section down below and as always, watch this space for more.

tinman and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

Hopefully this time they will "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"

Xerobull likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Early stages of dementia going by the quality of his projects lately, but this is definitely interesting. Noah Hawley would be a fun wrinkle to the gameplan.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This could be amazing, surprised it took this long for somebody to do.

daywalker02, Xerobull and TexasTofu like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

6. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

persnolly enjoyed the last 2 alien movies. but im also a sucker for the alien series in general so not exactly un biasesd. the 3rd alien movie is by far the worst, the cgi used makes it unwatchable

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

That's why HULU exist. FX shows end up on HULU.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I think they’ll end up sticking an ‘Adult’ category on Disney+. They’re trying to grow the brand and value of the service.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

OR.they merge Hulu with Disney+. They are already in a bundle. ESPN+ content is going to be available in the HULU app.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Praise Sol!

Xerobull, CCorn and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. Entropy

Entropy Member

Would have more confidence if James Cameron was at the helm, but hey, Ridley Scott's a decent consolation prize.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Eh, Scott is only producing so I'm not too concerned but Noah Hawley has been making some of best series on TV over the last few years.

I really hope it happens because I think Hawley will deliver the goods....

Ziggy likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Exactly. Retain the "look" of a Ridley Alien movie with Hawley doing the story. Best of both worlds.

GRENDEL likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm down for X-Men vs Alien vs Predator vs RoboCop

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. Entropy

Entropy Member

Hawley **** the bed on this last season's Fargo, so some of the shine has gone.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At some point Disney will own all entertainment..

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

To each their own but I enjoyed it quite a bit....

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Def need James Cameron on that one. My dream X-Men director.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He knocks it out of the park then fades out. Same thing happened to Legion. I'm still excited about him working on it though, I'd rather him than Ridley Scott.