1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Front Office Sports] Houston allowing most fans in the NBA (Tilly money grab)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Honestly surprised I read so many posts before someone made this connection!

HP3, tochiee22 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I know quite a few who have had it, and I've had it myself.....it was an occupational hazard that was essentially inevitable since certain measures were late to be implemented.

It's almost exclusively about irrational fear for those under 50, "science" does not support that irrational fear.

Now that's not to say that I haven't also lost a LOT of patients to COVID-19, for those who are elderly, it's deadly serious. That said, when I see people who are under 50 scared to live their lives or leave their homes, it's just pathetic.

I suggest most under 50 leave cowardice behind and continue to live their lives while taking reasonable precautions. If you stop living your life out of cowardice, what's the point in going on living anyway?

Salvy and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rockets can’t even get 4500 people during a normal season

4. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Even with this, they gonna have less fans in the seats than other teams lol

5. TimDuncanDonaut

The 50 is a number; because older folks have more frail immunity. People can be under that but in bad health condition and still get severe reactions.

"live your life", If people die from it; what life is there to live. Basketball is entertainment, you can watch it on TV/internet. Not going to a few games is hardly a sacrifice, yet people act like their fundamental rights are infringed upon. One side is not cowardly, it's the other that is selfish.

TWS1986 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's incredibly rare for anyone under 50 to die from COVID-19, no matter what their health is like.....I guess with the exception of those who already have a terminal condition. My parents are elderly, obese, diabetic, and one has had a heart attack....COVID-19 still didn't even require hospitalization. It was a 2 week thing. The extreme cases are SUPER rare unless you are over 50, and they are still fairly rare until you get over 80.

People under 50 stopping their lives out of fear of COVID is similar to people not going outside for fear of lightning, or refusal to get in a car for fear of dying in a car accident. It's largely irrational, but obviously you could always point to those who died due to being in a car or being struck by lightning....and those fears would STILL be irrational.

Sorry Karen, but your fear does not mean that other people shouldn't be allowed to live their lives....speak to the manager all you want.

Salvy and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

cool story bobbytheselfish

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If we trade Harden will a single person even show up to watch this lottery team?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not just cool kiddo, it's the truth. Funny how the cowardice crew turn on "science" when it doesn't say what they want it to say.

By all means though, I'm not telling you that you can't be cowardly and stay locked in your house forever. I'm just saying that when you demand everyone else do the same, we're going to ignore you.

I certainly hope you are still a virgin....wouldn't want to risk getting AIDS amirite?

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  10. sheb

sheb Member

I guess no one had the talk with you so I will. Always use protection when you’re doing the nasty so you protect yourself and your partner from any STD’s. The protection isn’t guaranteed, but it’s been shows to reduce transmission.

Oh wait... it’s the same thing with masks. No one is saying that you have to hide at home, but when you go out please wear a mask and social distance so that you protect yourself and EVERYONE ELSE *******

HP3, Patience and FR0497 like this.
  11. markelliott1997

Damn, if you don’t feel comfortable, don’t go.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh....so you're telling me you didn't follow what I was saying?

You don't just stop having sex altogether, you take reasonable precautions and play ball.....you know, kind of like I'm suggesting people do in other situations.

I'm not the one suggesting people cower in fear inside their homes, I'm suggesting people continue to live life, just doing so while taking reasonable precautions.

Glad we had this talk.

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

At least we now have an excuse for our shitty crowd intensity.

tochiee22 likes this.
  14. Damion Laverne

But the ticket selection is trash so far (crap club seats or nosebleeds)

15. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I’ll listen to the experts and the epidemiologists rather than the Jopat burner account, thanks. The families of the 2,000+ that are dying daily certainly don’t feel like anything is “rare”. Go spread your nonsense outside of the GARM, and let people manage their own personal risk.

16. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Rockets fans: "Grrr Tilman is so cheap"

Also Rockets fans: "Look at this a-hole Tilman trying to make money"

I agree Tilman is probably pretty douchey but the circle jerk here is out of control

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yep.

Tilman is allowing the most people in. He's not forcing anyone to buy tickets or anything. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's even breaking/bending any rules here, and acting strictly within the rules and regulations.

If people want to buy a ticket to an NBA game when there's a pandemic going, that's on them.

Salvy likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your reading comprehension is stellar. Good job.

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Problem with these cowards is that they want to push their fear on everyone else and then feel outraged that others have decided to go outside and live life. They want everyone to lockdown and lose their livelihood because the mayor told them to. They wont accept any other possibility other than that of which they have chosen to believe. Wont even challenge any likelihood that maybe this is not what they have been told. And wont look at the science when it does not go along their mindset. The outrage! that a professional sports arena will allow 4,500 seats to be occupied out of 18,000! Tillman just wants money! Because yeah those 4,500 seats are totally going to be profit and not for operation costs and employees while we all try to survive this whole damn thing.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This and he is desperate, that's obvious.

It was no coincidence that his hospitality revenues are not doing all that well.

I wouldn't go the extra mile to dine in his mediocre restaurants even if he weren't such a douche.