1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams via The Athletic] Signs of Tension between James Harden, Rockets teammates early on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sauces

jiggyfly and ElPigto like this.
  2. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Everyone here trying to spin this as good news. Harden checked out of Houston mentally. I bet teammates turned on him.

CK Johnson likes this.
  3. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

This team is going nowhere.

matchesmalone likes this.
  4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

If it’s off-topic then why are you mentioning it in this thread?

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

So the JVG thing was accurate, Lucas was accurate, Cassell was accurate. What's your excuse on Silas?

Also.

Tell Tilman to get Ben ****ing Simmons already.

6. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Can they please just trade him FFS?

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

who's spinning it as good news? it's non news. omg people got emotional in practice in the spirit of competition. breaking news of the year

the people spinning this around whichever way, just like social media posts are what's funny. just like this. teammates turned on him. lmao ok

James.B.H, 34to11, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Why?

Patience likes this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If it's not to Philly for the rumor, I think you better buckle in. If that is the deal, it should be done by tonight or tomorrow early and the league should separate it into multiple trades to make the trade happen now. It's bad PR.

This is going to take a while if it's not done very soon.

I always thought that it was an extension this offseason or a trade. I also thought if he met with the media for a second time he would stay for the rest of the year. No extension and he met with the media a second time. So my predictions are gone on that. I hit on 50% of that one.

I'm going 50/50 he is traded before the season starts. I'd lean towards a trade tonight or tomorrow to be honest if I had to choose. That media availability seemed very forced. Avoiding fines type of availability.

If he survives to tip off tomorrow night, I'm saying 85/15 he ends the year a Rocket.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Who cares. Storm in a teacup.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol at the media Blowing up everything to fit their agenda. Harden is a known cancer and crappy teammate, we’ve known this for a while. Nice try shams

Why not? likes this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

LOL anything it takes to get Harden out of Houston for the media. Don't want to see the Rockets accidentally come out and outplay every team in this watered down a$$ league.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is actually great news for our team. Now if Harden is here when the game tips off, all eyes will be on them.
    So now they have to win by blowout.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Right, WE SEE THIS... but the media is not going to concentrate on those efforts.

Just as someone just said, Hardan is all about basketball, therefore when he's on the court he will be fully and extremely engaged. BUT what will the media and outsiders respond to, a few pep talks during a preseason game that no one probably even watched... or his behavior or perceived misbehavior at a practice?

Let's face it, the Rockets have not been media darlings to begin with... we've constantly been painted as the bad guy or rag carpet that the eventual champs of the West have walked all over. Hardan himself has been caught up in the scrutiny BECAUSE of his party lifestyle in the past. So no, we can't just ignore those 4 bullet points and act as though the past is in the past. For all we know, it's not. And it won't be, until he is traded... or just comes out and plain says, "THIS IS MY TEAM AND I'M NOT PLANNING ON PLAYING BUT HERE FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS" as he and the org announce his next supermax deal that he just signed (**** even a two year extension will spell all these rumors).

Until that day; there will be spotlight, there will be scrutiny, and the team chemistry will only hemorrhage that much more in the publics eye and even within each other because of those outside voices.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You forgot the part where the media, refs and Silver are all conspiring against Houston.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Upping that value

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It’s not just Houston, the media blows everything out of proportion. Sensationalism is a byproduct of the 24 hour news cycle. Gotta keep them clicks coming in.

34to11 and Why not? like this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

JR Smith threw a bowl of hot soup at a coach lol