1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Shams via The Athletic] Signs of Tension between James Harden, Rockets teammates early on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 22, 2020.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Could you imagine Harden answering questions about Kyrie burning incense and KD using burner accounts? lol

2. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Change of behavior by whose perception?

This is a brand new coaching staff and multiple new players. I'm curious who would be able to determine the change of behavior considering many of them just got here.

Dacamel and Ramo$e like this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

[​IMG]
    Hey James, you wanna throw balls? I got some balls for YOU!

izeroi and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What if Tate is up for an interview today?

Media: We heard reports that you got into a verbal altercation with James and then he threw a ball in your direction, can you tell us what happened?

Tate: I pretended to be Lou Dort and locked his ass down in the 1st scrimmage. So he got upset. We played a 2nd and 3rd scrimmage and just like in the playoffs, he adjusted to my physicality and proceeded to smoke my ass.

malakas and Nook like this.
  5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The nba is a tight knit fraternity.

Hell, you don’t have to be in nba to know James has a laid back personality.

Dacamel, JumpMan and Ramo$e like this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Random thought...
    JH lead the league in assets on year —> he can hit a target with a ball if that was him intent.

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Don't people know in general who Harden is? The perception of him is that he's a chill dude. If that's true, then him going off like this report states is important.

8. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

All of this could have been avoided if they had traded Harden around the NBA draft. The rumors are out of control and the Rox leverage along with Harden's trade value keeps sinking with each passing day

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Shy and quiet is not the same as laid-back. James seems pretty intense to me. He is definitely not a happy-go-lucky guy.

BamBam likes this.
  10. csc177

csc177 Member

Harden can’t fight - he intentionally missed.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

We don't but this is pretty damning (as is everything negative thing that Hardan does to affect his place on this team)... I mean so far we have:

• Showing up late to camp
    • Attending a party instead of showing up to camp (skrippers included)
    • Due to the party attended needing to maintain that covid protocol, preseason game missed and practice as well
    • Not speaking to the media (due to his trade request and the conflict that has caused within the org and team)
    • NOW you throw a ball at a hungry rookie (at least from everything we've seen) who actually has some semi-pro experience overseas and is trying to earn a spot on the team... when YOU KNOW the media is all eyez on Hardan. He's more intelligent than this to not think this will be something highlighted as such within the media and outside.
    It's not just about the one article being or not being about Hardan, it's about how much more of an impact OVERALL this one action could cause... consequence wise and perception as well. This isn't something that just happens with someone as 'chill' as Hardan is, so all that compounded speaks volumes.

joshuaao and Patience like this.
  12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

This is huge nothing burger. The media won’t stop trying to stir up controversy until harden is off the team.

Dacamel likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No it does. Lol. Come on guys, use your critical thinking skills.

Things that could actually decrease Harden's trade value to a contender:
    • Interested teams get off to a freaking spectacular start and decide that they rather keep their core intact thinking they have a championship contender on their hands.
    • Harden gets major injury.
    • Harden sees a major drop off in the player he has been the last few years.
    Things that increase Harden's trade value:
    • No major superstar will be available in 2021 FA class.
    • Team that believed they would be a strong contender is nowhere near where they projected and their "stars" suddenly become expendable.
    • Harden is still playing in god mode.
    • Team that didn't believe they had a great team is one piece of away from being a serious playoff contender (not championship contender).
    James being competitive in practice and getting into it with his teammates is NOT going to decrease his value.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We always take shams and the athletic as gospel...and now when it’s something about James...it’s fake or click bait or nothing to see here.

This isn’t a MJ Hakeem or Kobe or anybody else situation.

This isn’t James showing fire and is ready for the season to start.

This is a guy who doesn’t want to be here and wants to be traded and isn’t happy here trying to start problems with one of new young guys.

What if Tate was really about that action and proceeded to try to fight James if they where that close in the altercation?

Some of y’all are praising harden and some of y’all are brushing this off. And it’s ridiculous...this isn’t a “oh MVP season incoming” moment.

This isn’t a “oh championship season I coming” moment.

This is harden starting s$@! and causing problems and trying to force our hand.

Trade him for the best package now.

The NBA could use a big headline right about now. Because with the season starting so fast I’m not even sure how many people are actually excited.

Nets and warriors = trash
    Lakers vs Clippers = Eh

A countdown or pregame show discussing a big harden trade leading up to the games tonight = Win

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’d guess you are in the minority with those thoughts.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

incorrect. dorrell maurly leads the league in assets

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I actually like the fact that Harden is getting in everyone's case in practice. Many greats before him, although not in the same situation, have done the same and had championship results.
    If Harden ends up staying this team really would be war ready.
    BTW, I hope hes been pissing Wood off too.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah no..... a lot of your premise is faulty.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Anyone that really believes the Heat are suddenly not interested is a sucker.

DeBeards, joshuaao, malakas and 3 others like this.
  20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

? ok.

Let me say this about my own personality then. I am very shy and quiet around others, yet I suffer from anxiety and I tend to take things very seriously and personally, and I tend to have explosive anger when I do get upset. I appear laid back, but in reality I am just holding in my anger, until it eventually explodes. I know these qualities are not unusual for introverts. It is not a good thing, per se, but it is not unusual.

Obviously, I can't psychoanalyze James Harden from behind my keyboard, but he does seem to be an introvert, and I know he takes basketball very seriously. I don't find it out of character that he would seem calm most of the time, only to lose his temper with teammates occasionally.

BHannes2BHonest, BamBam and fattz like this.