1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Fine him because he was heated at practice, something that happens countless times in practices with every team? Are u kidding me? Get a grip man...

Patience and vator like this.
  2. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Shams said that it was at a level that was usual for a practice. Are we going to just stay in denial until he pulls a Jimmy Butler in practice?

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

dude, all he did was yell and he threw a ball in Tate’s direction...big deal

worse stuff than that happens often in NBA practices

it’s not like he punched Tate in the face or spiked a ball off his head...it’s not like he choked Silas

u want to fine him for getting heated in practice...

Richie_Rich, YOLO and Patience like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yes because Minny got worse after Butler trade. Sixers got worse as well. Only Miami got way better which is why you don't give in and you get what you deserve in trade.

Patience likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

IF Harden did not make a trade demand and was happy with the Rockets, would you still be suggesting fining him for the actions described in that article (not that Shams would have even written about the event since it isn't a ****ing story)?

6. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

When did I say they should trade him for a **** package? I said fine him for being a dick and hold him accountable or are stars above that here in Houston still?

7. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

No because he wouldn’t have shown up to training camp late and wouldn’t have already been a massive distraction to a team trying to get ready for the season.

8. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I want to fine him for conduct detrimental to the team if the reports are accurate and this instance was outside of the norms like Shams suggested

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What does that prove? Why add fuel to the fire? The man is on his way out, no need to turn the workplace even more toxic with petty ass fines and emotions.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Good, I'm glad we are on the same page. Rest of your statement is irrelevant to the question. You can't tie fining him for this situation to him being a late to camp lol. You fine him for being late to camp if you want to under a separate case number.

So in your world:
    • Fine him for showing up late to camp.
      • I have no problem with your opinion on this.
    • Do not fine him for getting mad at Tate and throwing a ball in his direction.
    On a side note, you can't fine him for being "a massive distraction". He is at no fault for the media doing their thing, but as stated previously, you fined him for being late, that's alright in my book.

11. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Why so we can feed into a toxic culture that Morey and MDA built in which Harden gets away with everything and rules don’t apply to him?

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, that’s so soft. If getting heated in practice is conduct detrimental to the team, then multiple fines should be getting handed out all across the league on a weekly basis. Just because it was outside of the norm for Harden doesn’t mean that what he did was actually a big deal because it wasn’t.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Oh. You're one of the culture guys. Got it.

Need to scare everyone else into following the rules - great idea. (not)

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If I'm Tilman, I suspend him for as long as possible.

that's almost $400K per game.

Do you know how many PPE loans that will equate to? He doesn't even have to screw small business owners out of this one. He's just screwing a mega millionaire. Tilman "Eat the Rich" Fertita.

Tilman is finally getting his bailout. James Harden is his stimulus package.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Exactly, everyone forgot Kobe's practice habits LOL!!!

-edit- reminder for those who have lol

the way swagging p leaves practice and lin's facial expressions, lol i felt bad for them...

#775 ipaman, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Patience likes this.
  16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

You know Tilman is salivating at the thought, but he’s not stupid. If he did this he would never get another super star to play for him.

Amel and treyk3 like this.
  17. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Yeah let’s just change our GM and coaching staff just to do the same thing still. That’ll work even though Harden doesn’t even want to be here still.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Treating adults like children doesnt work. ruling by force doesnt work.

I get the whole "rules" thing, but I dont think some of you are applying it properly to the dynamic of fining a generational talent who has more skins on the wall than anyone in those corner offices. Its not a constructive application of penalties in this instance. Do that to one of the rookies? Maybe. Not to James Harden - thats just petty.

You think the other players are just going to perk up and view that as some sort of motivation?

19. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Still saying after Harden gets traded we still need to trade. We need a SF who can be lights out and play Def very well

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The team was blown up well before then. With CP3 last year we still weren't a contender cuz we just lost all of our 3 and D players and never replaced them. And Tillman was the one who made the call on Westbrook. He even admits it in a few interviews about how the basketball people got cold feet and he made them do it.