1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well the need to trade a player like Tucker, House, Eric Gordon is to extend the Harden window.

If Tilman needs to get under the LT at the end of the season, he can just trade Tucker or House. Trade Harden in the summer. GM’s won’t have Stone/Tilman over a barrel with a “must trade” scenario if Houston
    creates some breathing room.

Avoid needing to wrap 2 first round picks to push Eric Gordon. I still see Eric Gordon as a terrible defender as DRtg
    tag agrees with me. I know DRtg doesn’t mean much (when it fits a persons narrative) and D’Antoni put Gordon
    in that position. In D’Antoni’s defense.......hard not to start someone making that much money. Basis of my disdain.

We will agree that we disagree

jch1911, saleem and D-rock like this.
  2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

If we can get Murray.. then we don’t even think twice before pulling the trigger. No brainer.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

AG is a better playmaker than EGo.

And he is better defensively AND offensively vs. big teams like Lakers, Clips, Nuggets, etc.

jch1911 and saleem like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

His contract is similar to EGo, but EGo is 31 vs. 25 (AG) and EGo's contract is longer (4 yrs vs. 2 yrs).

ApacheWarrior and jch1911 like this.
  5. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Aaron Gordon is great, not denying that. AG is more athletic, younger, and much better defensively than Gordon. But I just really love the way Eric Gordon stretches the floor for us. Player for player wise they're both pretty close in value IMO. But even if your opinion is of the notion that AG is better than EGO, I still would rather have EGO on this team since I believe he fits better in our system. I don't view EGO as a bad defender, he is an average defender. I do think EGO does get confused on his assignment defensively at times but he's not a net negative defender to me. As far as offense goes, it's a lot to be said for a player that can shoot from 30 feet consistently like Eric. And if we do get Simmons (I pray we don't, I prefer Murray), Wall and Simmons are going to need all the floor spacers they can get.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trading for AG is to prevent the trade for Simmons.

AG trade is move chips to middle of table to prove to Harden that Rockets are committed to beating the Lakers.

EGo is status quo. And status quo will not beat the Lakers.

It may not even beat the Clippers or Nuggets.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

If House is one of your foundation players then the team is absolutely FVKT!

8. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I get what you are saying but I don't think Houston acquiring AG really moves the needle much for us, and I don't think it's a move that's really going to change Harden's mind in the grand scheme of things. I think we already added some good size with Boogie, Wood, and Caboclo for that moment we do face the Lakers again or any other "big" team. But the problem with AG is he is not really a great shooter. And with Harden and Wall here both of those guys are going to have the ball in their hands a ton. I just don't see how getting a non floor spacer really helps us all that much. Teams want shooters for the drive and kick, not fringe guys who are going to take the ball away from the star players. Again I just think Harden's mind is already made up my guy. Unless Houston can manage to get KD here, I don't see Harden wanting to stay here.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Random post for the random trade thread:

Here’s to @Clutch starting the first game thread tonight and me getting the first post in bc I refresh the main page with perfect timing.

mikol13, jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Also, the moron is asking about a high IQ point guard in a lineup with Simmons already listed.

Uhhh.....

saleem and D-rock like this.
  11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Random Harden trade:

Houston receives
    Thybulle
    OG Anunoby
    Siakim
    Maxey
    Picks
    Filler

Philly receives
    Harden
    Clemons (dump)

Toronto receives
    Simmons
    Tucker (or to Philly?)
    House (?)

PG: Wall / Maxey/ filler?
    SG: Gordon/ McLemore
    C: Wood/ Cousins / Caboclo
    PF: Siakim/ Tate
    SF: Anunoby/ Thybulle/ Nwaba

Picks!

Corrosion and Erbnwarfare like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

John Collins not extended by Hawks!

Trade Option #1
    https://tradenba.com/trades/-XWh-6nOF
    ATL: Danuel House, Chris Clemons + 2 FRP
    HOU: John Collins

*Problem: Collins is like a longer taller less explosive less offensively gifted (not as good 3ball shooter) less of playmaker version of Zach Lavine.

Both are shitty defensively, negatives on the court.

But worst of all, Collins demanding MAX contract next season.

Trade Option #2
    https://tradenba.com/trades/3Ksem0-ln
    ORL: John Collins
    ATL: Danuel House, Chris Clemons + Magic FRP + Rockets FRP
    HOU: Aaron Gordon

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I do agree that Eric shouldn’t have been a starter. I think he will do better off the bench.
    Let’s hope for the best. I believe Silas has taken the right decision.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

OG just signed a 4 year extension so I'd say Toronto is out of play with who they have left that we'd want.

DrNuegebauer, King1 and saleem like this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I just don’t know if Orlando is willing to trade AG.

AG is not demanding a trade as far as I know and Orlando lost Jonathan Issac until July with that injury. Or was it
    a lesser injury? I think they need big bodies because Aminu is questionable as well.

You need to show me a link where rumors of moving AG are strong. We have both been asking for AG for years now.

D-rock likes this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Tip of cap to you saleem. Hope things work out as you project them.

17. saleem

You're wise and knowledgeable. I go a bit more with the eye test and my gut instinct. As long as EG cuts down on long 3's, he should be okay. He does need Boogie or Wood with him all the time to be successful. Silas isn't experienced like MDA, but he isn't just a player's coach. His tough love will help everyone out, but it will take time for him to gain trust from the veterans.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Player A: 34.5 mpg, 16.7 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 6.3 apg, .6 bpg, 1.9 spg
    40.5% fg%, 26.4% 3p%, 70.3% ft%

Player B: 33.7 mpg, 15.8 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 8.2 apg, .9 bpg, 1.7 spg
    54.5% fg%, 0% 3p%, 56% ft%

Both rookie season stats. Who do you want to build around?

19. saleem

Player B is obviously Ben Simmons. I assume player A is probably Jaylen Brown. Ben is more talented than him, but I'm not sold on him partly because of his injury history. I also feel he won't be able to fit in with our upcoming potential star Mr. Wood, because Ben hasn't been able to show that he can shoot jumpers at the NBA level as yet.

20. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Player A is MCW.