1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Miami even an option for us????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 19, 2020.

1. JD88

JD88 Member

A healthy Dragic with a healthy Bam certainly would have.

Dragic also didn't play.

Still think MIA had no chance?

Probably why LAs guards were so aggressive, eh?

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

You said WORST CASE scenario. Do you english bro? What kind of worst scenario has him increasing his pts from 13 to 18? Whats the normal case scenario? 13 to 25?

Lol and I'm the one with the terrible observation? Stop thinking Herro is the 2nd coming of Kobe Bryant wtf.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Right. Herro is so good his WORST CASE has him improving by 5 pts. It could improve by 20 pts who knows.

If Herro doesnt develop at all he will shoot 16 pts, 40% for his career even if he is currently 13 pts, 38.9% this year. Herro is so good no improvement is an improvement just like how his worst case trumps other players' best case amirite...

Stephen_A likes this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I still don’t. LA ramped up their D in the playoffs. AD and Howard created a lot of problems inside and those guards were jumping picks and were disciplined staying with their man when they didn’t switch. it was Lakers D that won that series. Why are we talking about the heat anyway? Are you a fan or something?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get the Herro hype. When players get talked up but you can't see it in the metrics, it makes me question it.

6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If Herro scores more points on better efficiency, it means he has improved.

You don’t have to reinvent the English language just to sound smarter.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah and the dude says if Herro never improves he will shoot at a higher clip and better efficiency. Ever heard of a guy who is so good he improves even when he doesnt improve? I'm just showing how much he overrates Herro to the point that even improvement is taken for granted.

Its not hard to see where the kool aid is coming from. He thinks healthy Dragic means the Heat go from 1-4 to champions.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Achiuwa showing real potential with his ability to defend both interior and the perimeter, to go with his hops, motor, hands. He D’d up Zion and Ingram well, that’s a ton of diversity and talent.

Herro, Robinson and Achiuwa + 2 first becomes a more interesting package with Achiuwa’s showings.

HP3 and Lloyd Estacio like this.
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

Similiar to first year Kuzma

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is Precious like a Montrezl Harrell, with better defense?

11. Big B

Big B Member

Miami has too much depth. They’re not even playing KZ, Nunn or Olynyk. Can we get 2 of those 3 for Tucker?

12. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Yup I noticed Achiuwa too during the game. He was frustrating both Ingram and Zion. Especially Zion at the basket

13. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Except Kuz can't create his own shot, playmake or handle like Herro. Kuz was a 22 year old rookie and Herro was 19

14. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

After watching the game today, it would have to be all 3 of them and picks.

Cant believe some people considered just considered Herro.

I didn’t watch bball last year.

15. JD88

JD88 Member

17/6.5/4.5
    49%/35%/80%

Dude might average 20/6/5 by the end of the year...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

After doing more research and listening to different posters on here and what have you.

I’ve really come to the realization shooting matters in this version of the NBA.

That’s why I have recently soured on Simmons and even brown.

MPJ and the Miami package are my top two options for a harden deal.

This kid Tyler herro if he gets hot along with Duncan have the ability to shoot teams out of games.

You can’t hack them you have to allow them their “shooting space” now and what have you.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Herro is nowhere near the player klay is or was right now but he’s still a kid and only in his second year.

Klay for his career has just been over a 20 point scorer.

Now I know way different circumstance but herro has that ability and more.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Jaylen Brown can shoot. He’s shot 47%, 47%, 48% from the field in the last three seasons, and is at 56% during the early portion of this season.

He also shot 38% from the three-point line last season, and is at 44% so far this year. The only other year he received at least 30 minutes per game (2017-2018), he shot 40%. He’s doing this on 4-6 attempts per game depending on the season.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. sydmill

sydmill Member

What can duncan robinson do that the rockets can't get with Corey kispert in the draft? They seem to be very similar and kispert is younger and will be cheaper. I don't get this notion that duncan robinson should be a "piece" in a deal for JH. What am I missing?

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He’s already proven.