1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Heat ending trade discussions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Would been great to have those guys crunch time 2018 game 6 and or 7 alongside Harden. 27 missed shots in a row?

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

This is a joke right? I can't tell if you are serious.

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

yall keep thinking these other teams NEED james, they dont see it that way. teams like the heat and nuggets are feeling really good about their young talent and feel they can make another leap. if they give up too much, then they aren't contenders. rockets dont have as much leverage as they think with his age and reputation. i can almost guarantee all these deals with murry, brown, siakum are most likely BS put out by one side or the other to try get a team to overpay for a 2-3 year window. rockets will probably end up taking one of these same offers from sixers or heat when they could just bit the bullet and get it over with now.

4. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Lol, this is too funny to me. Harden has definitely improved defensively but I think it's a major major major stretch to say Harden is one of the best guards on defense in the whole entire NBA. That's basically saying that Harden is an elite defender, which I don't think he will ever be "elite" defensively. Good yes, "elite" no. I'm sure someone is going to quote me and bring up Harden's advance defensive stats but the numbers don't tell the whole story.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Stop asking us to take crap offers. And if the teams are only offering crap than they can get one less year of Harden.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Glad to hear Miami ending discussions. Means Stone sticking to his guns on his ask.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

you still dont get it. they aren't really crap offers considering his age, and reputation. refer to other 30+ year old stars who were traded. none have been traded for an all-star unless its one of a similar age. kevin garnett, cp3, ray allen, etc.... for some reason you guys have it in your mind james is special so he will get more but that isn't reality. either take one of these deals or he stays put and isn't happy and that funk permeates the entire roster. no one wants this cloud hanging over their head because just because its james who wants out, doesn't mean someone else won't get tossed in that might want to be here. it isn't just the front office that has to be uncomfortable. they can demand all they want it has to make sense for the other side.

johnnydeezy1 likes this.
  8. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

“Hey Jimmy, how about Harden? Nah, I’m good”

9. HP3

HP3 Member

His reputation lolololol. Please. James is in his prime and 2 years worth of Harden is two years you are in for championship contention. If these guys arent gonna play ball forget it. James won't tank his value. Funk? Bro....if we are about winning championships, what does it matter? We are gonna be out of contention for a long time as soon as James leaves, you dont make a deal just to make a deal. "Okay lets bend over and get it over with." No, sorry, not how it goes. Do you want us to take the Nets package or something.

10. OpportunityCost

If other NBA GMs valued Harden as highly as some of the posters here on ClutchFans do, he would've definitely been traded already.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Well they should, otherwise they can kick rocks.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

teams will not be in contention if they trade too much. if the heat trade, Herro, robinson, AND BAM, no way in hell they can beat brooklyn. they wont even make it out of the east after going to the finals with these young players. that isn't smart, and it won't be done obviously. rockets need to get real.

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Other GMs don’t value Harden as much as we do? Great, let’s NOT trade him then. What’s the rush to accept a crappy trade for a bunch of spare parts?

AroundTheWorld, sirbaihu and HP3 like this.
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Good!! Let's run it!!!

15. HardenVolumeOne

why is it funny the advanced stats show harden is above-average on defense. Why is steve nash, luka, stephen curry and damian lillard praised as elite players and they made no effort to improve their defense. But harden remains critisized for his defense( even though every year he has made strides to where he is a top 13 guard in defensive raptor. Those guys are priased and harden hated.. #colorism, so dont come at me and expect for me to support your social issues when their is divison even in our own race depending on how light/dark you are

16. Rockets4Life13

You better give up, you will never win this argument. People on here don’t understand how trading superstars works, after they demanded a trade.
    Apparently they expect everyone to gut their teams to get james with nothing left to convince him to stay there. I do agree tho, that the miami offer sucks and they should be out of the conversation.

murray+MPJ +1 pick
    Or Murray +3 picks is about as good as it gets, if we even get that deal.

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i dont have problem keeping james, as long as the front office understand offers won't get any better and are ok with that. if we try to trade him next year for example, if im miami, herro or robinson is off the table now. you can get one plus filler for a 32, going on 33 james harden or only 2nd rd pick.

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i truly do not believe that denver deal exists.... either one of them. you dont trade a 23 yr old dropping 50 bombs in the playoffs for a 31 yr old. not gonna happen. deal would've BEEN done if that was a real offer.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This time next year, that max extension to stay in Houston and play with Wood might look a LOT more attractive than the unknown looks right now.

20. riko

riko Member

Harden will rebuild his value once the season starts on the court. Once he starts playing at MVP level all these teams will be back with better offers

Richie_Rich likes this.