1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Heat ending trade discussions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Dec 21, 2020.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

they WANT it, they WON'T GET IT

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We will see.

My point of answering your post was that the Rockets aren't posturing that they have great deals like you are stating. All the leaks in the media have stated that they want a ton of assets and no one is meeting their price. They are fine being uncomfortable going into the season (as previously stated) and it seems that this stance is damn accurate since they haven't been pressured into making a move.

Erbnwarfare, Roc Paint and HP3 like this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Thank God. The mia offer was the one that scared me, that would have set the franchise back. That and Jalen Brown, but sounds like he might be for a 3 team deal. MPJ is intriguing. Ben Simmons is acceptable.

True Rocket and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  4. JD88

JD88 Member

Same. I've argued his potential on here before but without numerous picks, there are better offers out there.

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Can you imagine having a serious discussion about trading for any of the top 10 players in the league and your offer is Tyler ****ing Herro?

And half of you accept. For shame.

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Why are you on a forum with 90 percent sociopaths? That is some sick sociopathic behavior

HP3 likes this.
  7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Thank you! Take your glorified Kevin Martin and Ryan Anderson and kick rocks Pat Riley!

8. HardenVolumeOne

Riley was trying to pull off a heist

vator and D-rock like this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Murray or bust

10. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Like I've been saying, James isn't going anywhere any time soon. Media has made it seem like it's imminent and just a matter of time but now we're hearing Miami also wanted Wood? Lmao...gtfoh.

Now Miami saying the conversations were cursory while the media made them the front runners.

I for one am looking forward to him staying and bringing the chip with this cast. I like the way they're shaping up.

11. macan

macan Member

come on let's just trade with 76ers and call it a day
    get it done Morey!

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

It’s more like Rafel laid down the gauntlet and told them what it would take and they realized that would leave them with only Butler and Harden and no draft capital left to restock.

They are trying to save face through the media for the slim chances that Houston comes back to them later on in the process.

13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

facts people need to start doing some critical thinking. I wouldn’t even trade Wood for Herro yet alone a top 5 player.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Lmao well yeah, I hope the front office is working hard right now to make something good happen, too bad I don't know who they are but I still believe.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Harden is not young. Harden has flaws. We may not get back what we are hoping for in a trade.

Harden is one of the all-time great scorers in NBA history. No doubt about that. But, he is viewed as lazy on defense, and he doesn’t like to move on offense when not dribbling the ball. He’s not a perfect player.

I’m perfectly fine with starting the season with Harden and hoping we get off to a hot start, and maybe he decides Houston isn’t so bad after all. I’m not worried one way or the other. I’m ready for the season to start.

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

People are bending over because Morey went somewhere else to offer us their 2nd best player. We literally can't even get Joel Embiid. Imagine offering Herro for Embiid, no one is saying yes to that but James Harden? MVP, all-time scorer for a rookie who got hot at the right time? Oh heavens, yes! A thousand times yes!

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think Ben Simmons has a better future as a player than Tyler Herro?

18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Why are people still acting like the Heat trade was Herro for Harden straight up? That was never a consideration. Nor should it have been.

19. HardenVolumeOne

Every player has flaws, even michael jordan was a crappy 3 point shooter.. also harden is no longer a slouch on defense, he is one of the best guards on defense in the league now

if no other team will give us what i think harden is worth, then keep him. Unless you wanna pull a bill o brien lol

20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Trading him before the season was always a tall order. We need teams to start underperforming and realistically evaluating where they are positioned. Once teams feel, rightly or wrongly, that they are a James Harden acquisition away from a championship, the resistance to give up assets will fade. Right now, that resistance exists because teams feel they are better than they really are (including us).