1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Miami even an option for us????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 19, 2020.

1. supa

supa Contributing Member

Thank goodness!

GradyMcTracy and Ben Frank like this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Which part is awesome?

3. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

it's called hot potato when in the 4th quarter of a close game, you give the ball to your teammate as soon as the ball comes to you without any thought of trying to playmake or create a shot, because the moment you drive to the hoop, you're gonna get hacked and you don't want to shoot those free throws. and yet your defender is sagging off of you 5+ feet daring you to shoot from the perimeter while everyone else is staying home with shooters. that's the scenario ben simmons deals with in every close game when it's bogged down in the half court.

if you still can't see the picture - remember lebron in the 2011 finals? he was a bystander in the corner with absolutely no influence on the outcome of the game because he was scared of the moment over the course of that entire series.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The Rockets are asking too much. That’s great. Don’t settle for scraps.

Simmons or Harden are my only two options.

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I don’t understand the over valuing of Herro. If you watch how he scores there are some similarities but quite different in many ways. These little differences separate players in this league. Booker has nice mid range game but can actually bang a little bit inside as he is bigger and plays that way. Can post up as well. He is used a lot in 1-1 situations at the elbows. Herro scores getting free from pin downs and double drags. Not so much a 1-1 guy but is slippery and quick. Better 3 shooter than booker. Not same skills. That’s why Herro is more limited in scoring. But why is the duo of Herro and Robinson better than Lavert and dinwiddie? I’m not sure if they are other than better 3 pt shooting. Just seems there’s so much hype. Not sure why.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think I’m with you despite my fears about a non-shooting star, but he did add that second part about the Heat saying the same thing about Butler.

treyk3 likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

They got him a year later. Next year they can offer Bam (not eligible until then) and Herro if he still wants out.

Dr of Dunk likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wonder if this is more bs or more about the Rockets asking too much for them (Ban and Herro)...

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yep. Agree. Herro and Robinson are far from elite role players. Not sure what that means even. they are good but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I’m guessing a lot of this is media just being used knowingly or unknowingly. I’m just going to wait — not like there’s much I can do about it.

Vivi likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are moving the goal post. My post was responding to you saying that the way to deal with Simmons' shooting problem was to take the ball away from him and let him play the Capela role. My point was, if you take away the ball from Simmons, which you thought was how he should be used because of his lack of shooting, then you are taking away much of what made him special. The Capela role can be played by plenty of big men. Why do you want to get a guy who is paid like a franchise player to do that?

I guess you did not really read my post. I already said it. Simmons does not have Giannis's physicality. He can't get to the basket like Giannis and the prime Dwight can. Giannis is a rich man's Dwight. Simmons is a poor man's Kidd because while he is a fantastic play maker like Kidd, he's a much worse shooter. BTW, Kidd was known to be a great defender and rebounder in his prime. The only thing Simmons is better than Kidd is his size.

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He's staying. This season at least.

14. SmallBallDoesntWork

i dont think brooklyn is out of the question at all. Its not what we want but if would be foolish to leave them out

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

So Philly and Miami are out, so maybe Boston? window closing?

16. JD88

JD88 Member

I've watched him for two years. I watched every single game he played at Kentucky.

The dude is a knockdown shooter who can come off any screen and shoot from any area falling away in any direction... and he's only going to get better.

Booker is also several years older than Herro.

Look at their tape and their college stats, they're identical. I haven't seen anything to suggest that Herro CANT be Booker. Quite the opposite, in fact, he's basically the same player as when Booker was 19/20 years old... smooth shooting guard guard can dribble and facilitate, can get open without the ball, but lacks physicality.

People said the same thing when Booker came into the league.

If Herro was 25 and he could only catch and shoot, hey, I'm with ya.

But he's not.

clutchdabear and Stephen_A like this.
  17. JD88

JD88 Member

He put up 17 ppg in 28mpg to end the season,

Maybe youre right, he wouldn't score any additional points with 6 extra minutes of run, who knows?

I didn't even bother to look past your first terrible observation.

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

We will see man.

roslolian likes this.
  19. JD88

JD88 Member

Like I said, if Herro doesn't develop, at all, for the rest of his career...

Hes a 16ppg +40% 3pt shooter.

He, and Wood, and Robinson, are ideal pieces to fit alongside any star player.

I know this, because that's exactly what they were last year with Jimmy B, and I wouldn't exactly call him a star. I know, he wasn't the only one playing, but the era of "Big 3" is overrated. Barring injury, the Heat likely take down LA with Jimmy B and a handful of good role players.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I can see that herro may be a great shooter and decent scorer his whole career. But I don’t know about beating LA. Lakers shut down herro and Robinson for the most part because they were fast at switching or when they had to stay or jump a pick they would causing problems for heat who loves pin downs, dribble handoffs and double drags etc. their length and AD bothered heat as well. Not sure a healthy bam makes any difference. Lakers guards were aggressive.