1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hardens Media availability

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

I rather this than "I love this team" in front of camera and then "trade me or else" when the camera's off. He's probably not doing that either but all we need to know is that he is on this team and will stay committed; until he is no longer on this team. We don't have to know everything, let it all play out.

2. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

3. jakejohnson5445

Some people are wayyyyy over analyzing what Harden says right now.

He wants to be traded.

He has to make the best of his current situation until that happens.

It’s that simple.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's clear from the media. Harden isn't owning it. He's never been straight up. Even with the CP3 situation. After the playoffs he says, "I know what we need to do!" He's never clear.

5. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't sound vague at all. It sounds like:
    • I am going to play to be best player in the world.
    • I believe we can be a top 3 seed.
    I mean, he may want to be traded, but knowing the situation, he knows that he still has to establish goals with this team in case he has to ride it out this season. As we've said several times, he's putting in the work, he's engaged, he's here, so naturally, he is going to hoop because that's what he loves doing.

I don't know how much more clear you guys want it to be. There is no reason to discuss trade demands if he doesn't want to. The rumors are out there and the fact that he doesn't dismiss them means they are true and he is ready to move on, but while he is here, for however long, he is going to be professional and kick ass.

Htowndg47, James.B.H, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  7. YaoMingsSoulja

Top 3 seed? He should be aiming for the #1 seed.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He's as clear as he's allowed to be.

If he doesn't want to be traded, he'll sign an extension in the next three hours.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never wrong to go diplomatic on this.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden answering "next question" just avoids it totally to me. Even saying something like I felt good about these players on this team before I arrived and after even would have been something lol.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think Harden always been a passive aggressive dude. Personally I think if he signs an extension, tilman can do whatever the fk he wants and Harden will never get the greatest chance to win a ring.

This is the time where tilman if he truly wants Harden got swallow his ego and talk it out or show a sign of good faith.

Yea yea we shouldnt cater to the "diva", but when u truly want a ring as an owner u have to make concessions, will he do it? Hell fking no hence its good bye to Harden.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It is what it is.

14. riko

riko Member

This is amazing. We will see more variety in his game. Post ups and off the ball cuts

15. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Is he talking about the Rockets or just in general whatever team he’s on needs to be on the top 3 seeds?

Xopher, AroundTheWorld and Patience like this.
  16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Don't know Clyde's contract situation, but the Blazers weren't terrible that year. They made the playoffs. They were starting to rebuild however, and Clyde has said that was the reason he asked for a trade.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

My guess is “yes”. Lol.

AroundTheWorld and PhilCollins like this.
  18. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No cause saying sht like weakens his position on his legit criticism how tilman isn't do exactly his best to give harden the greatest chance of rings. Lakers get stronger and u give harden what? A "up and coming center", John wall/cousins (players coming back from injury), and others who "might do well".

If Harden let's up on the criticism, u can bet your ass there won't b any trades to strengthen our team. Tilman ain't gonna put out unless he knows for sure it the move will greatly improve our odds. (So never).

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Is it that simple? Do we know he wants to be traded? Lol