1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simmons, Brown, Herro, or Siakam?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Dec 20, 2020.

?

Who would you want to trade Harden for?

1. Ben Simmons

2. Jaylen Brown

3. Tyler Herro

4. Pascal Siakam

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

At the end of the day, none of these guys are on the level of the real superstars at their age like Luka, Giannis or even Tatum. That means that whomever we get from the Harden trade will be the Robin to our real star whom we will hopefully get from the draft. Cade or Emoni would be perfect. That said I feel like Simmons or maybe even Siakam would put us in the almost playoff limbo so the best choice would be Brown or Herro. The most important thing is to trade all the other vets as well when Harden goes.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The Sixers didn't go far with those teams. That 2018-2019 season they had a good chance with Jimmy Buckets on the team and still only managed to get to the 2nd round. I agree, potential is definitely there, but I think you have a really damn good championship window open right now if you get James. Keeping Simmons doesn't guarantee that.

No Worries likes this.
  3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but Im saying Harden can always say I ain resigning in 2 yrs. Rox have to accom him whether they want to or not unless they are ok with lowball offer for him. Like Tor prob take their chances if you say Lowry+OG for Harden otherwise they wont do it cuz they know he walking.

But anyway Stone knows what he is doing he been in the Rox for 15 years and convinced Cousins and Wood to be part of Rox amidst all the drama. Im sure he is a better negotiator than a random person like me.

don grahamleone and ElPigto like this.
  5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Simmons
    Brown
    Herro
    Siakam

in that order

harold bingo likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

With Harden this years roster is as good as any team in the West aside from the Lakers ....

They make the right move with EG and picks , they could be right there with them.

What more can you ask for ?

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm a homer as they come. But relying on wall and cousins both who came back from major injuries is risky as fk.

Woods as your second option. Chemistry between him and Harden needs time. Plus a bunch of other players doesn't pop out to me as great. Time will tell i guess.

Laker got stronger and Harden reinforcement is wood (unknown), and players coming from injuries.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let’s not forget about Sterling, Nwaba, Tate too.

Huge pieces for us, and I’m not sure the Lakers got better with Gasol and Trez. Let’s put those two in the pick and roll all damn night.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. Fefo

Fefo Member

It was only Ben simmons 2nd year. I think they will be good this year. How good , nobody knows, but i do think Morey has no rush to give away Simmons until proven that is not working.

10. Buck Turgidson

2 of those~level players for Harden. You don't trade him for less.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Because the vote is split, the only certainty is that when the trade does go down a majority on this board will be furious.

12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Brown > Simmons > Siakum > Herro in my opinion

13. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

Jaylen brown over Ben Simmons lol

raining threes likes this.
  14. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Best analysis of so many players I've ever seen. With great detail and depth. Im thoroughly impressed. I prefer Mpj, tied for 2nd: Herro or Brown

Rockets4Life13 and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

The team that trades the best player loses the trade.

No Worries and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. gogispade

gogispade Member

Simmons + Herro + 3FRP!

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

But he don’t want to stay of course we al want James here but he does not want to be here.

19. CertifiedTroll

Hmm, how about Jayson Tatum or Brandon Ingram? I am guessing Tatum is untouchable. Ingram sorta looks like he is still trying to figure it out.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I went with Brown, but I go back and forth between him and Herro. Herro has the benefit of coming with other young, proven players, and is still in his rookie contract for 3 more years. He just seems like he has it, but he's got a long career ahead of him to prove it. Brown is more proven, and has a great all around game, but he's already been paid, so that limits what you can add around him. That said, his number is lower than Siakam and Simmons, so there's less downside in that regard.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.