1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Granato: Raptors & Celtics favorites to land James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Dec 20, 2020.

1. RLP55

RLP55 Member

T for 3 nailed it. ( Post #365 ) As great as CW looked the other night, he never put up the #s either Herro or Robinson have. Based on a sample size of 15 games, non playoff, he was awarded a $41 million dollar contract.

Been a Rocket fan from day one, yes San Diego. The players come and go. I am a believer in the name on the front of the jersy. As great as Harden is I won't miss him. Felt the same about RW.

I am really liking this team as presently constructed. Silas as a deciple of Carlisle will play deep into his bench. Alot of things have to fall our way to make the playoffs without Harden, injuries and such. But if he does not want to be here, maximize the return and let's move on.

I'm in the minority here, but if I have to pull the trigger, I'm taking the NJ deal. But what do I know.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Even if you hate Harden, you hate the Rockets more if you take that Nets deal bro.

joshuaao, D-rock, Richie_Rich and 6 others like this.
  3. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

Wanting very bad to be excited for Wednesday, but gotta deal with this crap. I just want something to happen (or officially not happen) already.

Corrosion likes this.
  4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Yall need to stop with the Simmons love, he reminds me of Rudy Gay 8 years ago...thats all you will get

5. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

ok...that’s your opinion...care to elaborate? I’m assuming there is a modicum of truth to this report, and if there is I can’t imagine Celtics would offer Tatum, but also I can’t imagine Rockets entertaining any deal that didn’t at least include brown. So what are you saying? Celtics aren’t interested? They would trade everything but those two?

6. csc177

csc177 Member

I don’t trust Ainge

juanm34 likes this.
  7. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

if harden really is hellbent on leaving, and boston offers jaylen brown, smart, + picks, i think you've gotta take that.

brown needs to refine his offensive game a bit more, but he does have a pretty good work ethic so there is a chance that he gets there. he's got a really good head on his shoulders and is one of the smarter players in the league. his 3pt shooting has improved a lot over the years. it's good to know that brown has nothing to do with klutch and comes in at a much smaller number than ben simmons.

both brown and smart would boost our defense more than any other trade package, and smart could fill in at backup pg also. we'd actually have a small outside chance of contending if john wall really is healthy and cwood turns into a star.

Y2JT and raining threes like this.
  8. csc177

csc177 Member

He wiiiishes he had Gays jumper.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Ahh yes..

Rudy Gay...

selected to 0 All Star games in 14 NBA Seasons.

0 All NBA Teams with 1st Team All Rookie

or

Ben Simmons

selected to 2 All Star Games in 3 NBA Seasons

1 All NBA

Rookie of the Year with Rookie 1st Team

1st Team Defense.

STOP UNDERRATING BEN SIMMONS.

joshuaao, D-rock, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

No way we deal with Sixers now.

Miami and Toronto deal now

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

OVERRATED :eek::D

12. Boston84

Boston84 Member

there’s no scenario where they would trade 22 yr old all nba player in tatum whose a bonafide franchise player. Won’t happen. I never said they wouldn’t trade brown...not sure where u even got that, since day 1 I came in asking what people thought of a Jaylen brown trade- so confused how u got that idea they wouldn’t.

I mean it’s obvious by basic math a harden deal would have to include brown by straight cap standards

BigM and HP3 like this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Cowering ? Whatever makes you feel tough i guess..fukkin idiot

Boston84 likes this.
  14. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Christian Wood's per 36 averages from last year are better than Herro's and he has much better efficiency numbers, though yes Wood is several years older. Wood dominated G League and played pretty well in his limited action with the Bucks and Pelicans. Giannis raved about him. It's a legit question whether he loses his hunger after getting paid, but it doesn't at all seem like that stretch he put up as a starter was just a fluke. Oh yeah and he's 6'10 with a 7'3" wingspan.

It feels crazy to write this but I wouldn't trade Wood straight up for Herro right now.

15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I liked what I saw in that pre season game too, but not that much.

raining threes likes this.
  16. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Harden winning a ring for Boston, especially over LA, would make the media turn 180 on his legacy and reputation. I just don't see it happening though. Harden, in the right system, can be as good as Lebron; but Tatum is no AD. LA still has a better supporting cast, unless Boston doesn't give up Smart in the Harden trade, and convert Walker into a 3D wing player + a center better than Theis and Thompson. Bam absolutely destroyed Boston in last year's ECF, and got obliterated by AD in the finals.

IMO, in order to beat LA, you'll need to have a player that can match AD on both end of the floor. The only player capable of doing that, in the current league, is Joel Embiid. That's why I think the only possible threat to Lakers next season, is a 76ers team which swaps Simmons and other assets for Harden and Tucker. I think the 76er package (including Simmons) is best for both Rockets and Harden. But Morey might not want to do it, because he tried to build a team to beat the most stacked team in the league at the prime of their power and failed, which cost the team's future. This time he might want to wait a few more years for Lebron to really decline, just like what everyone else did in the Warriors era.

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I don't think we are....if I'm Boston it is certain players top 5 guys that I would give as much as I can up to get.just like what clippers gave up for pg13. Never forget the pg13 package. U will get atleast that.

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Meh, guess I’m not as impressed with Embiid as you are. I agree teams need a skilled big to challenge the Lakers. However, I’m not sold on Embiid’s durability, focus, or consistency enough to think the Sixers can get out of the East, much less challenge the Lakers. I could see Embiid missing half a season, and Harden having to carry role players to the playoffs, just like he has in Houston.

HP3 and Corrosion like this.
  19. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Herro's defense is not OK, it's terrible. Heat gave up more than 10 points more per 100 possession when he is on the floor last playoffs than when he is off. This is some number that is bottom of the league level of bad.

#419 James.B.H, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  20. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Yea, health of Embiid is of course a big concern. But if he can stay healthy and get back to his form in 2018-2019, he can definitely match up against AD. He is the only player, as far as I can recall, that really tortured AD after AD matured. In a direct 1:1 match up, doing something like 30 + 20, while containing AD to 12 + 15.

#420 James.B.H, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020