1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden won't respectfully win a championship unless he adjust his game. Every player has to make the necessary sacrifices. Harden saying he can't win here with this current roster is already a weak mentality. Anywhere else still isn't really a better situation if he's still doing what he does.

Jontro, ashleyem, csc177 and 2 others like this.
  2. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

yeah denver deal isn't too bad if either one of mpj or jamal murray are involved. but without one of them, it makes no sense to take on gary harris, who is getting paid 20M/yr and who tony allen said was the most overrated player in the nba right now lol.

also would be nice if ppl/media could stop mentioning brooklyn. getting dinwiddie/lavert/allen is like getting back sterling brown/nwaba/caboclo.... but worse bc lavert makes 17/18M a yr and dinwiddie is getting 12M/yr.. and neither of those contracts are expiring.

3. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

It'd also be nice if people stop smoking the Simmons joint. He's not acceptable. Neither is Herro.

BamBam, Jayzers_100, Aruba77 and 2 others like this.
  4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I am honestly disappointed in all offers.

James Harden is MVP caliber.

The Rockets couldn't get a Top 3 pick this Previous Draft. The Teams are Blackballing the Rockets.

Luka Doncic, Jayson Tatum, Donovan Mitchell, Jamal Murray, Zion Williamson the Rockets can't get those players back it's a lose lose situation. Its pointless to trade Harden for Scrubs.

All Teams want the Rockets to be a Lottery Team forever.

The media wants Harden to go to Los Angeles or New York.

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah man Harden is ****ing mvp and top scorer we aint gonna act like Herro is anything more than Bogdanovic

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like your post, but I’m not interested in MPJ. I do like Murray.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I can’t believe it’s been almost 30 years since Clutch City.

We’ve had all-stars and hall of famers come through, but haven’t had a franchise changing, generational player like Dream until Harden.

How management could not build a championship team around Harden (or at least have Harden buy in to the future that we are close), blows me away.

I understand part of that is Harden. It will be a sad day in Rockets history when he traded to start over.

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I wonder who the 3rd team is? Some one says Minny, because they tryed to get PJ Tucker at the deadline.

sirjesse likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

He can take the KD route to a ring thats why he wants to be traded to the Nets. I believe Harden already tried his best here in Houston if he wants to go a diff direction then thats his right. NBA is a business teams always say that to players so players can also say the same back.

Jontro and Reeko like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

The answer is easy Harden has been a top 3 player but he has never been a top 1 player. Theres only 1 ring the best player has the edge to win it every year thats why Lebron has been to 10 Finals, KD has been to 3 and Harden has only been to 1.

Another problem is the Rockets have never tanked for talent even when they were trying to find a star they still made the playoffs instead of stocking up on picks. Look at Lakers they traded a king's ransom for AD but they still got more assets than the Rockets currently do.

I believe a big diff is the Lakers always have the long term view in mind whereas the Rox always acted like the league was gonna get shutdown for good next year. We always go all in and it never works, the following year we end up in a worse situation than before.

Jontro likes this.
  11. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

yea i mean, i'm not too interested in mpj either. but at least the guy really knows how to score, and he showed it in the playoffs as well. his back problems (kinda like tmac) and his attitude are what worries me.

saleem likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rockets are an anomaly.

Morey wanted to do his own thing.

Les wanted to do his cheap thing.

Harden decided to just step back or go to the line.

Dudes created a unique formula, successful in spurts, unsuccessful in total.

Continuity and chemistry were something they didn't value much during those 8 years.

Now after 8 years they are returning to conventional methods.

#612 daywalker02, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    bmelo and Chamillionaire like this.
  13. Rocket_Man_2.0

Trading Harden now makes zero sense for the Rockets...If they want to get max value they'll wait till the trade deadline. It makes sense to BSPN who want to get him out of here as fast as possible. Rockets need to see how this team looks with Harden before trading him away...Rockets could be better than advertised and Harden could change his mind! That's what BSPN/media is afraid of!

#613 Rocket_Man_2.0, Dec 20, 2020
    bro2044 and RustyHarden like this.
  14. MrWise

MrWise Member

to me why even mess with Brooklyn, get the best deal. Who cares where harden wants to go.

15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Michael Porter Jr = Kevin Durant

Believe it or not I’ve played with him in real life. And he is definitely Kevin Durant. With his injury history it’s a big risk. Him hurting his back would be devastating for his career.

16. csc177

csc177 Member

Thank you for this take sir! It should have more likes. Finally someone gets it.

17. csc177

csc177 Member

Harden is NOT changing his mind my guy. Wishful thinking.

18. Rocket_Man_2.0

Rockets still shouldn't trade him now...wait till deadline or the next offseason to trade him. This team has the potential to be the deepest team Harden has played on...See what you have first before you trade him! If the team sucks you trade him at the deadline. If the team is really good...you go all in and try to win a title this season!

#618 Rocket_Man_2.0, Dec 20, 2020
    Jontro, bro2044 and saleem like this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This horror show keeps repeating itself!
    Stone should be slapped if he trades Harden for their crap.

MrWise likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member