1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

When they write books and create movies about the trump presidency, people will think all this was exaggerated...

2. NewRoxFan

When you see the dramatic increase in COVD-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths and wonder, why here in the United States...

mdrowe00, CometsWin and jiggyfly like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's so disappointing to know how many blatantly selfish Americans roam this country.

CometsWin likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

mdrowe00 and CometsWin like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

7. Buck Turgidson

Hell no, that guy don't mess around

[​IMG]

8. NewRoxFan

9. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

So far this year I personally know 3 people who have died of covid. My grandpa, my aunt and a carpenter I used bump into in the field. They may not have been the healthiest bunch, but all them had some solid years left in them, I’m sure. My dad died 3 days after my grandpa, and covid may have contributed, but he had vascular issues, so idk....waiting on autopsy report.

All that and I’m basically an introvert with a relatively small circle of friends/family. I lost count of how many people I know who’ve had it and recovered.

I am naturally a pessimist when it comes to human nature, and rarely am surprised by shitty behavior, but this whole thing is baffling.

Why the hell do people have a problem with the most minor inconveniences on a TEMPORARY basis? Just wear a mask, avoid large crowds and leave some space around others indoors.

AleksandarN, CometsWin, Ziggy and 6 others like this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

Seems like it just takes one idiot to infect many, and that's not a difficult thing to accomplish because there's a lot of them.

mdrowe00, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

something something FREEDOM something something.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It starts with masks and before you know it the government is mandating that everyone wear seatbelts or receive a fine, making you take off your shoes at the airport, and forcing smokers to go outside restaurants to enjoy a cigarette.

mdrowe00, jiggyfly, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very sorry to hear that. As I was saying in the other thread I’m glad I haven’t known anyone directly who died from it even though I know some who have been hospitalized with it.

With over 300k Americans dead and 3k a day far too many people have stories like this.

14. NewRoxFan

15. Buck Turgidson

Hey, if the guy cooking my food doesn't want to wash his hands after taking a ****, that's just his right as a god-fearing freedom-loving American.

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

People last, no masker politicians first, when it comes to anything. They could care less who dies, as long as they get protected, tested, vaccinated, and get first rate immediate health care for themselves.

Speaking of healthcare......Trump's fake promise once again got shoved aside. He never cared, never will.

17. NewRoxFan

The County Judge for Montgomery county... has been fairly resistant to closures and other other steps to slow the spread.

mdrowe00 and CometsWin like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

We deserve the politicians we have and we deserve the Covid deaths (soon to be higher than WWII death rate) in this country because there are so many morons living in this country.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As much as it bugs me that politicians and others who have downplayed the severity of this disease are among the first to get the vaccine if it can convince more people to take it then it's a good thing.

We need to get to at least 70% of the population vaccinated to effectively deal with this disease and the latest surveys I've seen are we are about 60% is willing to take the vaccine. At this point if having Kristi "I'm not going to shut down South Dakota" Noem take it then giving Dan "Something are more important than life" Patrick a shot to convince 10% more to take it then I'm for that.