1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How many times has a top 5 player over 30 been traded? I think your sample size is too small to reach this conclusion.

ThrillaNManilla, DatRocketFan and HP3 like this.
  2. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Yup. Small volume of valuable offensive scoring, large volume of clogging the lane and not attacking certain seams because of a lack of skill.

Ben Simmons is not a halfcourt PG like Chris Paul or Ja Morant by the way.

He does a ton of his damage in transition.

Ben Simmons plays like a big man. He’s spent the past two years in the dunkers spot.

His fit with Christian Wood in halfcourt isn’t what people would think.

Rudyc281, cmoak1982 and saleem like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He doesn't have the motor to be a leader even right now. He is a Robin to Lebron.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Herro would fit here really well. That's the type of overall player we need here in Houston. Definitely not great white hype. If we could get him with another valuable piece and draft picks that would be good.

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

It’s happened enough times to know he isn’t getting any better than what’s offered. You don’t gut your team for a player with only a few good years left

tycoonchip likes this.
  6. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

What happened to that guy that came in here saying the Heat message boards were blowing up that we were taking a Herro/Robinson deal that also got us Barrett? That would be incredible. A starting lineup of Wall-Herro-Barrett-Tate/Robinson-Wood is something I can get behind.

7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

This is how I know this kid is a clown and not a real insider. PG can’t be traded he just signed an extension.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This 1000x

I can already imagine Tyler and Duncan running around off ball around screen after screen to get open then SPLASH 3 pointer.

If they get hot they have the ability to shoot teams out of games.

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Read the tweet again bro.... I swear if we're gonna waste all this time on dubiously sourced rumors we should at least comprehend them properly.

Denovo likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That's basketball. These guys play it the right way and Silas is the coach for this. I really see this as the best scenario so far. I would be excited to see the games because we would truly have a shot to shoot any team out the gym not to mention have Wood and Cousins as versatile bigs and a more traditional point guard in Wall.

Kadrak, raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

This post is so stupid. Stone has done an incredible job acquiring picks for our future while Morey did a great job messing up our future. If DK was the GM right now he would’ve been traded Harden for that horrible Nets package simply bc he would’ve kneeled to Hardens demands once again.

matchesmalone likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yep 1000%

raining threes likes this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol Houston fans are going to hate this dude when he turns 21. Talking about Tyler

#2233 ksny15, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I agree. Get as many of the young assets as possible from Miami, and find 3rd/4th team takers to convert Iggy and Olynyk into picks or more young assets.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Because they don’t release shoes on a national scale or anything. It’s not like Harden is endorsed by a major shoe company.

17. riko

riko Member

Is this common to have to have the shoes of another player from a different team in your shoe store?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Please let it be Herro and somebody from a 3rd team. Robinson on a one year deal worries me if he’s the other big piece

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He will get resigned

20. Rockets4Life13

Robinson on expiring contract has crazy value at the deadline to teams that think are one piece away from championship. I think he could net us atleast 2 FRP At the deadline depending on how good he shoots this year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.