1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Kerry Own an SUV?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dc sports, Apr 23, 2004.

?

Does Kerry Own an SUV?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Unsure

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. dc sports

dc sports Member

[​IMG]

IMHO, if his wife (family) owns an SUV, he owns it, and to claim otherwise is splitting hairs. It's always amazing how candidates seek to "clarify" statements, rather than shrug off or admit they made a mistake on relatively insignificant issues.

2. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

If his wife owns it, he owns it. It must be nice having to ask if you own a certain vehicle, having so much you don't know what you have.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He just leases with an option to buy.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What is, "do you own a pair of rubber gloves, Mr. Fletcher?"

I'll take Caddyshack for $300, Alex.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ding! You control the board

6. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

Kerry already owns a private jet, numerous houses that suck up energy and rides in a limo wherever he goes. What does that make him when he blathers about how we should have fuel-economy standards? A hypocrite. In other words with him, he's basically saying: "Everyone should have to suffer except for me. I'm the annointed in charge of you dopes." Kind of reminds me of the Soviet ruling elites that lived in luxury while their people couldn't even get basic consumer items thanks to the godawful command economy.
    I hate to go off topic here, but nothing beat Chevy Chase's delivery on one-liners in his comic prime. Some gems:
    -from Caddy Shack

-From Spies Like Us

7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I personally saw John Forbes Kerry get out of a HUGE sport utility vehicle when he spoke at HCC a few months ago. There is no question that the man is a hypocrite on environmental issues.

8. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Who cares.

It's probably some armored secrete service car. I'm sure Kerry didn't own it...it was provided for him.

Jorge, that is really weak...even for you. What he got out of at HCC doesn't even have anything to do w/ the topic anyway.

9. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

...and this from a guy who drives a Bronco II.

Perhaps Jorge should release HIS military records and tax returns???

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Uh, no I most certainly do not drive a Bronco II. That is a rumor that NuthaBrutha has been circulating that is just false.

Also, I'm not the one pounding the pavement for energy efficiency like John Forbes Kerry after stepping off his private plane. A private plan that consumes more fuel than you or I will burn in our cars in years. That my friend, is the definition of hypocrisy.

11. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Well you know what they way about false rumours...keep repeating them and people will believe....

Bush is a hero. Kerry's a coward. Flippity flippity flippity flop.

:D

12. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

i'd rather have a guy who's a hypocrite about the environment than someone who's a hypocrite about being a christian and caring about human rights.

that said, i like neither of them, i just dislike one of them a lot more.

13. krosfyah

Again, a pointless cheap shot. What do you propose as an alternative in this era of presidential politics?

But I'm sure you are pounding something. (sorry I couldn't resist.)

#14 krosfyah, Apr 23, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  14. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

This is what gets me with some people. John Travolta always babbles on about how people shouldnt own an SUV because of the gas it sucks up, yet he owns a 747 because being a pilot is his hobby :rolleyes:

I'm a Bush guy and I don't really care if Kerry owns an SUV and wants to increase gasoline standards. Whatever .. doesn't bother me that much.

BUT ... why would you try and and say you don't own an SUV when you know damn well that your wife has one. That is just stupid. Next thing you know he will say it depends on what the definition of "is" is.

15. Chump

Chump Member

D e s p e r a d o

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He gave a speech at U of H yesterday for Earth Day and spoke about the environment, mostly. He drove up to that in an SUV. I know it is likely a decision that Security made, but probably not the best PR move to make.

17. Chump

Chump Member

It's the systemantic problems of SUVs and pollution that concern me, the loopholes and feet dragging of Detroit that concern me, not if Kerry's wife has an SUV or not.

There are ideals, and then there are realities, For Kerry to FIX the problems, he has to become President, to become President, he has to travel non-stop.

18. krosfyah

Again, what the secret service chauffuers Kerry with is irrelevant.

Like Chump states, Kerry is proposing to raise standards. Not to ban SUV's.

People in this country want to drive SUV's. So why can't we work on making SUV's more gas friendly? That's the issue...not the rhetoric about what Jesus drives.

Besides, if I'm running for President, I'm not going to call ahead to every stop to make sure they find me a bullet proof sedan! We've got better things to do...like raising standards w/out crashing the economy.

But he opens himself for attack when he says...oh, that...it's my wife's car. He ain't perfect...but GWB definately ain't perfect.

19. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

That one unsure vote must be Bailey since he's not to convinced that things exist outside of himself. ;)