1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

TF offered him a $100 million extension. True, it's not begging. . . .
    You're spinning a fake story, for some reason. What the heck?

2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I just want to go back to last offseason, when James Harden didn’t want to play with Chris Paul, and solve the problem by trading James Harden.

We would have gotten a much better deal, and we’d have a surplus of picks, instead of deficits as far as the eye can see.

jcmoon, Richie_Rich, bratna8 and 12 others like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

we'll wait and see my guy.
    TF will sell us that we will still be competitive as we edge closer to being younger/rebuilding.

No fking way can a team trading away harden be serious about contending for the ring anytime soon.

4. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Let’s trade harden. . It’s not like he will play basketball forever. Everybody will retire some day. Can’t wait to see who we will get.

raining threes likes this.
  5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude!!!!!
    Harden is demanding the trade, not TF.
    What is your deal with the fakeness?

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

regardless if a star is disgruntled, shouldn't any serious owner try their best to keep him?
    U hear not a single sht out of the front office as they scramble to get rid of harden.
    It's not fakeness, it's happening right in front of your eyes.

but u can choose what u want to believe, i don't want to pop your bubble in thinking we are getting a ring anytime soon. rebuild is happenin my dude.

7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

In a perfect world we go full Process Philly. Instead of the league getting involved to out Hinkie, they boot Tilman for Basketball Reasons. It only works if we have our picks fro OKC back, that is why we are trapped right now. All we can do is compete, we can't tank. All these late firsts from teams getting Harden will be 25-30 picks. I would rather have picks 30-35, cheaper and signed longer.

So really, why trade Harden for essentially 3 second rounders? I'd hate to see it, but Wiseman, Klay and Minnesota's pick would be the best haul. Then trade Wiseman to OKC for all of our picks back. Get picks for Boogie at the deadline, let Wall expire and get as many first rounders as you can for Wood if he breaks out. Let Klay heal while we tank some more. I'm jealous of OKC's future and NO future. It wasn't long ago that NO was in the same exact position as us, being held hostage by a star player. They waited a year by the way

HP3, Roc Paint and Boredhippy like this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

And you can keep pretending that the Rockets didn't offer $100 million more to keep Harden.
    Harden wants to dump Houston. You are in bad denial. I know it hurts.

Tfor3 and raining threes like this.
  9. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I think about that too. I also think maybe the Rockets could have done something, anything to get the 9th pick for the Wizards. I think the Israeli kid will be very good. Poor man's Luka/Simmons/Odom hybrid minus 2 inches.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Offering more money means nothing to a man who wants a ring. U think money is going to get us a ring? Harden doesn't believe we are going to get a ring, cause we are literally in a process of rebuilding while pretending we are "competitive".

I'm fine trading harden, im just not confident that we will ever get any better chance at the ring anytime soon. Especially with the garbage offerings choices so far.

Like i said u can believe what u want.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/did-we-miss-something-rockets-rebuild.309176/.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like I need to stay away from CF this weekend. I can't freaking even tell what is real anymore. Just all sorts of sources saying different things in regards to what will happen.

HP3, HardenVolumeOne and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Get the Miami deal wrapped up stone and let the fun begin.

xtruroyaltyx and matchesmalone like this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I feel like I can't stop F5'ing.

matchesmalone likes this.
  14. JD88

JD88 Member

Disagree. A haul of Herro + others + assets is a happy medium.

I think House is a fantastic role player and viable 2way starting wing, especially if he gets his head on straight.

I think we can swing a trade of EG and picks for a young player or a solid vet near the deadline.

I like the idea of this team having Herro, Wood, and House; all three of them under 28 years of age with a ton of potential growth.

Maybe we get a fourth budding star, great. If we don't, we are still set for the near future with flexibility and assets to package.

Those three can spend the next three years gelling. Imagine the three of them in their prime, plus whoever we can get for EG+picks.

I think there are many moves to be made that fall between going for gold and tanking. In fact, thats close to where the Heat were at the end of the prior season.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

No Harden trade makes any sense to me.

Like non.

Deuce, stevel, JayGoogle and 2 others like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Harden has checked out dude. He doesn’t want to be here. He still wants to be traded

How do you fix that?

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

He looked engaged to me last night.

Boils down to FO making it right by Harden.

Deuce's plan works for me.

Deuce and HP3 like this.
  18. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Sign Harden to an extension that he already rejected? There's being hopeful and then there's being delusional.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

You remember Hakeem demanding a trade in the 80's?

Hakeem wanted out and he was so pissed he cussed out the GM and the owner.

If that relationship could be mended, I have no doubt Harden-Rockets can mend theirs as well.

It was much more contentious with Hakeem.

csnerd84, treyk3 and HP3 like this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

‘he’s not a Rocket fan. He likes James. He wants him gone. All Harden fans want James gone. All Morey has to do is give up Simmons. Thybulle and a pick and I bet Stone bites.

D-rock likes this.