1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Proof the media is attempting to bait the Rockets into making a bad trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Dec 18, 2020.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's two different guys, on two different shows, with different opinions. It's not coordinated at all.

Yung-T and Joe Rocket like this.
  2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Wall and Simmons backcourt is hideous to imagine together. And not in good way. You can’t have two below average perimter shooters in the backcourt. This ain’t the 80’s

clutchdabear and clos4life like this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

How do you know this information? Some of these people were sports stars and writers before they were even on tv lol They may have talking points but they have their own opinions. If not they would never be fired.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Look at The Starters, the only show that was legitimately guys sharing their opinion and they got shut down. What does that tell you?

5. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

no to Lavine

clutchdabear and Dacamel like this.
  6. pass_to_Hakeem

I agree

I’m sorry but Wall and Simmons in the back court will be a DEFICIT as far as neither can shoot. Great on Defense but the two of them together won’t makeup for what you lose with Harden

this sucks bad!!

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Then I apologize because I usually don't watch those clown shows and don't care for what they say unless they're actually breaking news or revealing information about the league I didn't know (like on a lot of player podcasts).

So, in light of that ... how can the best player available be a guy who can't shoot after 3 years? Because he's the best player available in their opinion. Simmons' defense, ball-handling, and passing at his height are that good. You could play him at multiple positions because of all that. You could say you could find a better fit for the Rockets, but someone could still argue Ben Simmons is still better. I'm personally scared of anybody that can't shoot in the NBA and called a star, but that's just me.

Richie_Rich and Yung-T like this.
  8. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Simmons and WB are very different kind of players. It sounds weird, but if Simmons can shoot as well as WB, he is already a top 5 player in the league. Russ actually has a decent midrange jumper, he just can't shoot three and is a terrible defender and decision maker.

Simmons and Capela are more comparably in terms of the ability to shoot.

9. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Who would you suggest is a better available allstar on the 4 teams on Harden's list?

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think the problem is you talk about "the media" as if it's some sort of singular being, when it is actually a large group of people who have different opinions. So what is happening here is just a normal thing where two people disagree, but because of your distorted understanding of "the media" you are confused.

Yung-T and Joe Rocket like this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is false. The media does carry narratives but they arent fake shows. Its their own opinions and they arent trying to do anything but get ratings lol The idea that they are trying to make the Rockets make a bad trade is casual fan talk. Are the Rockets that dumb that they are listening to Chris Broussard going "this guy makes sense" lets do what he said lol

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

[​IMG]

13. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

amen!

14. hakeemthagreat

But this video is ONE example of the media hyping up "Simmons for Harden" trade. Pretty much every media outlet is saying we should trade Harden for that walking brick Simmons

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

There a window within a players career they base this on the value of the Deal. There is also circumstances, as where does a player fit, can a player change, and all certain factors.

December 19, 2006, the Philadelphia 76ers sent Iverson and forward Ivan McFarlin to the Denver Nuggets for Andre Miller, Joe Smith, and two first-round picks in the 2007 NBA draft

At the time Andre Miller was 30, Joe Smith was 30, and AI was 31. Those 2 first were nice. So also you have to think about youth players, they will have more options down the line, and time to develop. The window becomes bigger, as there value does to, because nobody knows how good those 2 can be in 5 years. Simmons or Herro will still be playing in 2030, james will be retired for some time.

16. alethios

alethios Member

[​IMG]
    kern kernferm

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

The "media" in this case is the triumvirate of Woj-Shams-McMahon, nationally.

While locally it is mostly Feigan.

cbs1507 likes this.
  18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Turns out Morey isnt stupid. The Rockets shouldnt be either. I just don't see a partner for Houston unless Houston or the other team does something stupid. I would take a Simmons and Picks for Harden in a heartbeat and I'm a Harden fan. It pushes our championship window to 12 years instead of 3.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Simmons as your best player does bbn ot make Rockets a championship contender.

And even if Simmons was a top 10 player, how does that extend window TWELVE years???

Simmons would be 36 by year 11.

He is NOT Lebron.

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

quik mafs

D-rock likes this.