1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. SmallBallDoesntWork

That Nets team is terrifying on paper if they all have the same mindset. We'd probably toss them Tucker at his point too

Nook likes this.
  2. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Defending what? It's freaking common sense like you said to me earlier. It's not like I had an epiphany here or something. It wasn't a hot take. It was just my logical response to what the other poster said. But you took a very very simply statement that I made to another man to hold your pom poms for James Harden. My 7 year old daughter could have got what I said. But for some reason (we know why) you didn't get it and still don't. I pray to God you don't procreate, it's got to stop somewhere...

3. Nook

Nook Member

I wouldn't do the trade either, but I do not know how much value the Rockets front office is placing on first round draft picks and I also don't know how important chopping 30 million dollars off the Rockets salary ledger next year is to Tilman either.

I was simply saying that is the type of trade the Nets could possibly put together.... centered around Allan and a handful of picks.

HP3 likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No doubt but TF can do exactly that, if it saves him big money in the medium-long term. GM's are just pawns for the owners for the most part.

Nook likes this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

John Wall isn't a Ryan Anderson or a Kyle Korver. It's not like if he's doing badly from outside, he's completely useless on offense.

Imagine Wall PnP'ing with Cousins/Wood while Gordon and Tucker are on the wings or in the corner ready to catch the ball and shoot a 3.

That's a deadly offense, since Wall can blow by whoever is on him.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Keep lapping up the owner bs guillable idiot. No point in trying to explain it anymore
    Some people just loves bullshit.

7. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

Yea i see your thinking....rlly hope nothing like this ever happens...this would be 101 ways how to cripple a franchise :/

HP3 and Nook like this.
  8. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

And some people are just SLOW as hell.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

edit: this clip really got me. I dont know why, but it did. Finishing up the cycle of grief I suppose. Sigh. Im gonna miss him.

#169 Verbal Christ, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    bballjunkie, HP3, ROCK3TM4N and 6 others like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is the only page I’ve read of this thread, and I see discussions are being had about a Nets trade...I’m scared to find out why

HP3 and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think one thing that we might in general underrate a bit about the Nets is that if they move the few young players they have, they would be stuck with aging Durant and Harden, Irving might stay or bolt in two years, i don't know, but still, overall, they would be an old team with pretty much no talent to develop and no flexibility, they would be pretty much forced to rely on their 2nd rounders to stay relevant in the future so, their 1st rounders could turn out to be at least interesting in few years. Getting their 1st rounders in like 2025 and so, wouldn't be as bad as getting those picks from young teams like Denver, Boston or even Miami and Phila since they should at least still have Embiid, Adebayo in their prime for many years.

Nook likes this.
  12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I smell Paul George.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Who are the top PnR young players to pair with Wood?

14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I wish... This is all personal unfortunately. Maybe they can go to counseling.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

another Bill OBrien???

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It is what it is. Like all "star" players Harden knows that his career will never be complete unless he snags that championship ring. So he's trying to do so by taking the easiest path possible - by joining a "super" team with established stars ala what KD did going to the GSW. That's all he cares about now and Rockets' fans need to accept that one way or another he's gone. That's just the nature of the beast with today's NBA. I personally think that watching Dwight Howard get a ring with LA was the final straw as it really had piss him off big time.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure why

Paul George can’t be traded until April 9th which is after the trade deadline

18. riko

riko Member

Paul George can’t be traded for a while yet and that smell is George scoring 6 points in a playoff game and crapping the bed

slothy420, Caesar, csnerd84 and 2 others like this.
  19. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Jamal Murray, Booker but I doubt they will be traded

Caesar likes this.
  20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I stand corrected