1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Getting Booker would be too good to be true

KelvinCato13 and bballjunkie like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

There's nothing wrong with hating the owner and being a fan of the team. What u gonna sht on Knicks fans for hating on James dolan?

Harden may have his faults, but tilman is a sht cheap owner.

Talks about wanting to compete never puts out the money, all bullshit.

Like if he refuses to put out money for a player of harden caliber, I guess he must be waiting for mj to come out of retirement before going all in.

HP3, OmegaSupreme and YOLO like this.
  3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

LOl Harden and CP3 back together and Phoenix? I can't see this happening. Plus Booker is very young. I don't know if I'd do that trade for a 31 year old superstar if I'm Phoenix, unless they really think they could win it all this year.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Woj is certainly legit but one has to wonder if ESPN uses him for clicks and interest and headlines. I mean nothing has really changed. Of course the Rockets are exploring 3 team trades, I'm sure this is always the case. They are taking offers and evaluating their options.

Patience likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Nook

Nook Member

Where ever Harden goes he will be the lead dog because he is by far the best offensive weapon in the NBA. A team isn't trading for Harden play him otherwise.

7. SmallBallDoesntWork

completely agree! From reading countless articles on this mess, it sure sounds like some teams value Levert as an all star, and Allen as a potential top 5 center in the NBA. I think we can actually get a really good package from a team that would want the both of them.

8. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Yeah, that'd be great. A three-team trade with Harden going to Phila, Simmons going to Phoenix, and Booker plus other assets and draft picks to Houston is workable. Take it with an ocean of salt, but Ryen Russillo was saying that Booker already wants out of PHO. Of course, Simmons would never re-sign with Phoenix, but they're so ineptly-run, I could see them doing it anyway.

9. varughese.arun

Exactly

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LMAO. You have a better chance at getting the Wolves to trade you KAT

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. SmallBallDoesntWork

This absolutely reeks of Brooklyn

sirjesse likes this.
  13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I agree with @Nook that most fans are going to be disappointed with the return.

I don't see the rockets getting simmons and multiple FRPs.

As to other young stars like brown, murray and siakam etc... I believe the reports that they aren't on the table.

Maybe rockets get fox or herro or someone similar. My opinion fwiw is that ben simmons is the best piece to get out of everyone. I'm sure many will disagree and that's perfectly reasonable.

The season starts in 4 days... Yet crazily..somehow it seems like a good bet harden might be traded before it starts.

All these leaked reports seems to indicate a trade is imminent and that the rockets are frantically negotiating in private and leaking stories to the public for leverage.

Vivi, JayGoogle and Nook like this.
  14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Smh. Morey gave up the farm for CP3 and Westbrook but want more in return than a player who he considers better than Michael Jordan?

15. Nook

Nook Member

All of this is hilarious.....

"Well we win deal you Ben Simmons but we want Harden and those first round picks you got this winter and maybe another player or two"

"We will take Ben Simmons but we want Thybulle and three first rounders."

This is all hilarious...... I like how Doc Rivers is now involved, he isn't a bad guy but he isn't some basketball savant.

HP3 and Vivi like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Allen is pretty underrated around here, he's still 22 and got better every year so far, he can play both sides of the court and still has upside, i think he's a really good asset even if he's about to get paid. LeVert is good but i also think he is who he is at this point so, nothing great, which doesn't mean he's bad though. Some teams could definitely value them enough to trade at least a young player with potential especially if they would also get back other pieces.

SmallBallDoesntWork likes this.
  17. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

You're not that bright huh? I know this is going to be really tough for you but please try to keep up. I'm not defending TF at all. Again for the last time, the poster said we would definitely be under the LT AFTER we trade Harden, which my reply to him was "Why would any team that's not contending not be under the LT?". My reply TO HIM had nothing to do with the Rockets past or improvements that could have or should have happened under TF tenure here. Bro stay in your lane. I was talking to him not you which is why I quoted him. Now be gone...

18. Nook

Nook Member

Daryl Morey never said that he considered James Harden a better basketball player than Michael Jordan.

Also in the CP3 and WB trades the Rockets did not give up a young all star......... the Rockets are asking for a young star AND another good young player AND three first round picks....... that is far more than what the Rockets gave up.

HP3 likes this.
  19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Need to trade him asap and get this over with. Of course maximize his value, but I'm completely against some 20 game trial to see how it goes.

That just sounds like more Harden ass kissing. "We want you to judge us for 20 games to see if we are worthy of your presence "

Sends the wrong message if you're looking to change the culture. The rest of the team doesn't need any added pressure of trying to play well to keep Harden happy and folks don't need to be worrying about if they look good enough or win enough games to keep this mf happy.

Ship his ass out ASAP.

20. SmallBallDoesntWork

I would love Allen on this team, just really don't want to pay him 75+ million im sure hes going to want. We can honestly probably get a really good young player for a combo of both Allen and Levert