1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Macmahon is a joke why did ESPN allow a Dallas castoff to cover our team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenVolumeOne, Dec 16, 2020.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Were you talking about it in 2018 when we were up 3-2?

#81 RudyTBag, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    Patience, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

see I hear this all the time the owner sucks.

but what Exactly do you want him to do and don’t say sell the team.

I hear everyone say he needs to spend more money but the last owner never spent money, not to mention are payroll is still one of the highest in the league.

I guess it’s just a thing that ppl hate on the owner.

I wonder if hornets fans rag on MJ? He’s had zero success as an owner.

I hear it about the Texans owner which I kind of understand they haven’t really had any real success ever.

but it’s unrealistic that Tilman or McNair sell the teams.

I wonder how long it takes for clippers fans to turn on balmer if they don’t get it done with Kawhi and he leaves and their left with PG13 and no picks for a decade lol.

BigShasta likes this.
  3. WiltTheStilt13

CNN is fake news

HardenVolumeOne and Salvy like this.
  4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

You realize both can be true, right? Harden can be selfish diva and TF can be a broke ass, petty owner.

HP3 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Dan Gilbert is one of the worst owners in the NBA. But even he spent in the luxury tax and didnt cut corners when he had Lebron. He's cheap and he he lied about it twice. And there is the big thing of interfering with Daryl Morey's work. He had a hand in the Chris Paul trade and he got involved when he shoudl not have. He also made his son follow Morey around like a puppy dog. He needed to stay out of the way and he diddnt. Morey quitting was so abrupt. He most likely did not have a good relationship with Tillman.

6. HardenVolumeOne

agreed

WiltTheStilt13 likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

We dont always agree but goddam that was funny as hell!

I really needed that laugh today man! :D

HP3 likes this.
  8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

ok I like that although if we are to believe the reports that Harden forced cp3 out to get Russ then it’s honestly harden Morey and Tilman also cause he’s def siding with harden over Morey.

now Tilmans son I don’t have that big of a problem with that his dad owns the team and maybe he just wants to know what it’s like to be a GM and learn a lot. Now if his son turns into the GM within the next 15 years okay I’ll have an issue with that.

I think it’s the name with his son because their is a lot of guys who are video ppl that learn from Gms and then eventually turn into the GM down the line.

the Gilbert thing I get that, I can’t argue with that one he did spend money and it did work imo on a fluke Down 1-3 and green gets suspended in game 5 or 6.

but they won so he looks good.

I don’t know I have a different view on Tilman I think he’s a real fan which like jerry Jones of the cowboys can get in the way but he’s also a business man so he’s trying to make money which personally as someone that owns businesses myself I understand.

I’m by no means saying Tilman is perfect but he spent a lot of money most ever getting think to buy an nba team and I think we could do worse.

plus I have a soft spot and I’m bias because I semi know him or my late father did he was an attorney and Tilman when I was 13 gave me his seats court side for my birthday way back at the summit.

but I hear you and I hope he can do more I think he’ll be a good owner maybe not the best but we could have done much worse.

the morey thing is whatever to me I think it was time to go for Morey anyways. Stone imo has really impressed me so far getting 1st round picks sighing Wood and if we do trade Harden for Simmons I think he’s done a great job in his first year plus I like what Iv seen from coach Silas so far.

HP3 likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Well we can just agree to disagree no big deal. We both want the Rockets to be good. Despite how either of us feel about the owner.

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  10. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

If anyone ever sees Macmahon in Toyota Center please heckle that Mavs fan.

Thanks

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Adam Silver kicking MacMahon and Woj square in the nuts.

Nothing ambiguous about this statement.

Scarface, pippendagimp, Nimo and 3 others like this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

Woj and McMahon guest stars on Gossip Girl.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’m bias I know I just like a guy who owns the team that is and has been an actual fan. But I def agree I want the rockets to be great and Win a title. It’s been too long since Iv been to a parade lol. I like stone so far. He’s made really good moves so far with the circumstances.

I wish we have done better under the 3 years Tilman has been in charge but we did almost make the finals to the greatest team of the past decade. And then made the second round the other two years.

it could be worse.

HP3 likes this.
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

What if there were 29 other people willing to give you that same money and you liked all of them better. What would you do then?

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

understood but they can’t even if he’s traded (could be wrong) but I believe the rockets are the only team that can give him that much money plus he is 31 that extension would pay him 200m plus over the last few years if his career.

you never know injuries happen, just me I’d take the money because you never know what can happen.

I do understand hes filthy rich so he can def choose to take less to go some place else.

I just choose the money everytime and also Harden has been treated great here has ownership in the soccer teams opened up a restaurant plus he’s been here pretty much his whole career or atleast his career as the mvp superstar he’s known as now.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

If people wouldn't jump over every single anonymous "report" maybe they will stop making them

D-rock likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tim seems upset ;)

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

He shat his pants when NBA postponed OKC game.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Reporters only report.

Stop blaming the media for doing their job, they are not fans....they are reporters.

DD

durvasa likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't be a stupid person.

Media are human too.

As such they have human bias, sometimes that bias becomes malicious.